How Would You Rate This Movie?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate This Movie?

• A- it was fantastic
    • B- it was good
    • C- it was o.k.
    • D- it was poor
    • F- it was horrible

I thought that weshould make this so everyone who has seen the movie and wants to review it can voice their opinion here. Anyway, I’ll put my review here after I watch it. :thumbs:

I didn't want to go into details, becuase I don't want to relive it, but I hated the movie. I've got kids at another Trek site going off on me like I just said Captain Kirk may have been a loser, and all I'm saying is I didn't like it at all. I hope others do.

Good - Yoda, Grevous, O-Bi-Wan, Senator/the future Bail Organa, score, cinematography, cgi...

Bad - Acting, Writing, Directing...

Please someone post something good without ripping my soul apart because I have an opinion...

You have the right to your opinion anslem.

I haven't seen it yet but (based on what I saw in E-1&2) I am not expecting much in the way of acting writing or directing in this one either. I'm going with the expectations of only being dazzled by the best special effects ever filmed and having my questions about Vader, Sidous and the Sith answered.

I saw the movie today and I thought it was great! It wrapped everything up very nicely. Some of the acting was bad, but you sort of expect that in a Star Wars movie. It didn't detract from a great story. The FX were awesome as well. I expect to watch this movie several times in the theater.

It was good, but Grievous was even more horrible than I already thought (I can't stand him!) and once again I didn't like the Yoda at all. Puppet would have been the way to go for this movie. Other than a bit of corny dialogue and Boga not being given any justice, it was a great ending and a better movie. But not the best.

I thought the film was fantastic

I can truly say that Episode III is a wonderful thing to experience and a nice way to end the series. The story flowed smooth and I could understand every single detail as the mysteries of these origins were unraveled. Even though classic Vader is only on for a few minutes, the movie still holds it’s own. I’m very proud to have seen this film in the theatres, and even more proud on how well Lucas has made this movie.

Palpatine really came off as real cool. A movie worth seeing!

I thought it was good. I would not say it was the best movie that I have ever seen but it was good for what it was a star wars movie. Lucas has never gotten dialoge down but I would tell other people to go see it.

Click For Spoiler
IMHO there was no way that aniken(sp) lived after being torched like that.

I Loved This Movie. In My Own Personal Opinion, I Found Little If Anything To Complain About. I Saw It Twice Today. I Don't Expect Everyone To Like What I Like...But Still...This Movie Kicked ### :thumbs:

Click For Spoiler
And Now The "Debate" Over Whether Or Not Palpatine Is Sidious Can Finaly Be Put To Rest. :P :)

One thing I forgot to mention is that with all the talk about excessive violence in this movie.....

Click For Spoiler
I was surprised to find no more than the usual kind of "sci-fi" violence. About the only thing that came close to being graphic is the scene with Annikan getting his arm and legs sliced off and being burned.

One thing I forgot to mention is that with all the talk about excessive violence in this movie.....

Click For Spoiler
I was surprised to find no more than the usual kind of "sci-fi" violence. About the only thing that came close to being graphic is the scene with Annikan getting his arm and legs sliced off and being burned.

325134[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Well It's Still A Star Wars Movie, So I Knew The Violence Wasn't Gonna Be Too Graphic...Cept Ofcourse Anakin's Little Mishap There.

I thought the film was fantastic

I can truly say that Episode III is a wonderful thing to experience and a nice way to end the series. The story flowed smooth and I could understand every single detail as the mysteries of these origins were unraveled. Even though classic Vader is only on for a few minutes, the movie still holds it’s own. I’m very proud to have seen this film in the theatres, and even more proud on how well Lucas has made this movie.

Palpatine really came off as real cool. A movie worth seeing!

325105[/snapback]

I agree the Best Movie in the Star Wars saga, Besides Empire Strikes Back.

Click For Spoiler
The only part i found Distubing is when Vader killed the Children that was good for a PG-13

hi there...

here's my review of SW3: ROS. save your money. it was wack! there's lots of great effects...but it's also full of bad writing, bad acting and no story. it's silly and not worth waiting in line. so wait a week or two. you're not missing anything.

but if you're a big fan (as i am of eps 4, 5, 6), it's worth seeing just to say you've seen it. but i was really disappointed. at least it's over and george lucas can't torture us with more crap...

i was once again reminded why i love trek so much more.

chimei :thumbs:

All right ... let me just say that for the most part, I am a big Star Trek fan and have always liked Trek more than Star Wars. I have typically been a little bored with the whole Star Wars thing.

But Revenge of the Sith was AWESOME. I plan to see it again and again. I thought that George Lucas finally delivered a movie worthy of the material (he had a lot to make up for after those stupid Ewoks, Han Solo's lobotomy, and Jar-Jar Binks). Obi-Wan was freakin' awesome, Yoda rocked the house (I thought the Yoda puppet looked stupid ... CGI all the way for me), and it was just a darn good movie.

Don't NOT see this one because of Ep 1 & 2 ... it quite simply is almost another genre. Excellent flick.

I enjoyed it, I gave it a B though. It was good. I had heard some reviews on TV that said it was better then the original 1977 release though and while this movie was probably the best movie to be released this year the 1977 version is still the king of the hill in the Star Wars empire in my opinion.

Of course I'm looking back at the original through the eyes of an 8 year old in 1977. At that time there had never been anything like Star Wars, the closest thing at that time was Star Trek (TOS) and that was made for TV on a small budget, so for an 8 year old that was used to Westerns, The Shaggy Dog, Benji and Herbie the talking Volkswagon Beetle Star Wars was the dawning of a new age and it's very hard to top that.

I feel sorry for people that grew up after the initial Trilogy had run it's course. This kind of movie is common place now, but in 1977 it was truly amazing. At least it was for this 8 year old.

Star Wars Eps III:Revenge OF The Sith

-------------------------------------------------

Gets a A from me

Click For Spoiler
I also loved how the Prequel Trilogy wrapped things up the acting was alright the special effects were awesome and I't was interesting to see how Chancellor Palpatine became the Emperor and the incident how poor Anakin got seduced to the Dark Side combined with the incident fighting against Obi-Wan on the Volcano Planet loss of arms and legs and burned face needing everything Mechanical life Support System("Sith Lord Darth Vader")and the Early Construction of the First Death Star seen from EP IV and how Luke And Leia got hidden to there Respective Planets.
Click For Spoiler

Sidenote loved the brief"Shirtless"scenes of H C in the begining of the film

:lol: :bow: :o :(

B) :) :thumbs: :P

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I feel sorry for people that grew up after the initial Trilogy had run it's course. This kind of movie is common place now, but in 1977 it was truly amazing. At least it was for this 8 year old.

325323[/snapback]

:thumbs: I agree, being born in 1983, I would fit into that category. It has been a common thing to see something like that in my life time, but even though I've seen it all before, the other stuff will never be Star Wars. Just like all of these sci-fi shows on TV now may be very good, but it will never be Star Trek. Something about the two that just seperates them from the rest.

the other stuff will never be Star Wars. Just like all of these sci-fi shows on TV now may be very good, but it will never be Star Trek. Something about the two that just seperates them from the rest.

325348[/snapback]

Well said.

I Gotta Say Again, I Loved This Movie...And I Had Some Thought About It...Palpatine Specifly...

Click For Spoiler

Thoughts On ROTS

Ok, A Few Days Ago, My Brother And I Were Discussing How We Believed Palpatine (Sidious, Yes He IS Sidious, As If There Was Any Doubt)Set Everything Into Motion So That Mace Was The Only Real Threat To Him Left On Coruscant When He Made His Move.

Yoda.

Palpatine Probably Knew That Yoda Was Friends With The Wookeeis, So He Had The Droid Armies Attack Them. Yoda Leaves To Help.

Obi-Wan

Palpatine Suggests That Anakin Be Sent To Find Grievous, Knowing Full Well They Wouldn't Listen To Him. He Figures They'll Send Obi-Wan Instead. He's Gone.

All That's Left Is Mace Now, Who Anakin Would Be Most Likey To Turn On At The Time. It's Not Secret That The Two Don't Really Like Each Other That Much.

He Would NEVER Have Turned On Obi-Wan At That Point In Time.

And Again, At The Point, Probably Wouldn't Have Tried Taking On Yoda.

Also, We Believe He Sensed Anakin's Arrival, So He Let Mace Win The Fight, So That Anakin Would Come Into That Situation Needing To Make A Choice. Let Mace Do His Job, Or Turn On Him To Help Palpatine So He Could Help Him Save Padme.

That's Our Take On It.

Thoughts?

Oh, Here's Out Alternate Take On The Arresting Scene.

Mace, Obi-Wan, Yoda And Anakin On The Side Of The Jedi Enter Palpatine's Office And Ignight Lightsabers.

Mace-"You're Under Arrest Chancellor."

Palpatine Rises From His Seat And Extends His Arms So They May Be Binded.

Palpatine-"Shall We Go To Jail Then?"

I Gotta Say Again, I Loved This Movie...And I Had Some Thought About It...Palpatine Specifly...

Click For Spoiler

Thoughts On ROTS

Ok, A Few Days Ago,  My Brother And I Were Discussing How We Believed Palpatine (Sidious, Yes He IS Sidious, As If There Was Any Doubt)Set Everything Into Motion So That Mace Was The Only Real Threat To Him Left On Coruscant When He Made His Move.

Yoda.

Palpatine Probably Knew That Yoda Was Friends With The Wookeeis, So He Had The Droid Armies Attack Them. Yoda Leaves To Help.

Obi-Wan

Palpatine Suggests That Anakin Be Sent To Find Grievous, Knowing Full Well They Wouldn't Listen To Him. He Figures They'll Send Obi-Wan Instead. He's Gone.

All That's Left Is Mace Now, Who Anakin Would Be Most Likey To Turn On At The Time. It's Not Secret That The Two Don't Really Like Each Other That Much.

He Would NEVER Have Turned On Obi-Wan At That Point In Time.

And Again, At The Point, Probably Wouldn't Have Tried Taking On Yoda.

Also, We Believe He Sensed Anakin's Arrival, So He Let Mace Win The Fight, So That Anakin Would Come Into That Situation Needing To Make A Choice. Let Mace Do His Job, Or Turn On Him To Help Palpatine So He Could Help Him Save Padme.

That's Our Take On It.

Thoughts?

Oh, Here's Out Alternate Take On The Arresting Scene.

Mace, Obi-Wan, Yoda And Anakin On The Side Of The Jedi Enter Palpatine's Office And Ignight Lightsabers.

Mace-"You're Under Arrest Chancellor."

Palpatine Rises From His Seat And Extends His Arms So They May Be Binded.

Palpatine-"Shall We Go To Jail Then?"

326126[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
In the book, Gevious is used as a decoy to get Obi-wan off of Courscant.