Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Anyone like a particular ST novel?

I was just wondering if anyone had a particular book that they liked. . .even for the current moment?

Mine for the last few months was Star Trek:Nemesis and Immortal Coil. Both are very good!

I love the book Sarek. It picks up where Star Trek VI left of and focuses manly on Spocks father Sarek and Kirks Nephew Peter Kirk.

So far my favorite TNG novel was Dark Mirror. It's basicly the TNG version of Mirror Mirror. This book was awesome, I loved the evil version of Troi.

Also if you like Khan than The Euginics Wars is really good. I'm still working on this one but I'm almost finished and so far it's been awesome. The second Euginics Wars book will defenatly be the next book I read.

On this topic I was thinking that it might be cool if there was a board just of discussing Star Trek Novels. Just an idea...

I read the Khan book too, and i have book two waiting in the wings. I loved it!

Did you know that Gery seven was brought to Star trek with the intent of a spin off show? Too back it did not get off the ground!

Loved the Khan books and got a kick out of the Shatner books where Kirk is ressurected (although "Perserver" left me scratching my head.) I really enjoyed the two part Brave and the Bold series because in the final installment they had a huge crossover. I love huge crossovers. :lol:

A section on this board for the star trek books would be cool because a lot of good ones are coming out this summer (and when I mean good ones I mean crossovers...what can I say, I'm obsessed.)

Edited by Lessa_Soong

I read the Khan book too, and i have book two waiting in the wings. I loved it!

Did you know that Gery seven was brought to Star trek with the intent of a spin off show? Too back it did not get off the ground!

I did here that before. I really like Gary Seven a lot, a show about him would have been cool. I've always loved Teri Garr and I think a 60's sci-fi with her would have been really cool.

Guest Ktrek

I think one of the best books is from the new DS9 relaunch series. S.D. Perry wrote a two parter called Avatar parts 1 & 2. If you liked DS9 these books pick up at the end of season seven. They probably got the idea from the virtual Voyager website but hey whatever works!! All the DS9 relaunch books are worth a read but this is where you should start because like the series there are story arcs that carry over from book to book even though several different authors write these. I think so far there are about 8 books out. As far as TNG books are concerned my favorites are both by one of my favorite authors...Peter David. His books Q-Squared and Imzadi are both fabulous reads. Imzadi has a neat connection to TOS with the Gaurdian of Forever. Read them!!

Ktrek

Edited by Alterego

One of my all time faves it The Romulan Prize. It is such a good book! I also loved the Kahn ones. Has anyone read that Garth of Izar book? It looks good but I heard somewhere that it was really bad.

One of my all time faves it The Romulan Prize.  It is such a good book!  I also loved the Kahn ones.  Has anyone read that Garth of Izar book?  It looks good but I heard somewhere that it was really bad.

I read Garth of Izar. It starts off really strong but towards the end it was sort of ho-hum. Nothing really startling or thought provoking happens and it's sort of a let down. If really liked that episode he appeared in then check it out but I think it's best to skip it. ;)

Edited by Lessa_Soong

One of my favorites was titled "The Lost Years" but the name of the author escapes me. It does a really nice job of filling in the blanks between the end of Kirk's five year mission aboard the Enterprise and Star Trek-The Motion Picture.

I am 50 pages into The Eugenics Wars book two by Greg Cox. I need to look at the NG episode The Masterpiece Society, In the book, I think Kirk and Co are visiting that same planet (Paragon Colony?) I looked up the episode in the Captains logs but it doesn’t give the name of the colony in the episode.

I haven't read too many st books (what? me not reading? its very unusual, I know), but I really liked Pathways (I liked Mozaic until the end. I really didn't like the end), and Immortal Coil.

I haven't read too many st books (what? me not reading? its very unusual, I know), but I really liked Pathways (I liked Mozaic until the end. I really didn't like the end), and Immortal Coil.

Any luck finding Metamorphosis, yet?? It is such a great book.

Masks is a really good book! (For those who don't know....No it is not a novelization of the episode of the same name)

nope, not yet. It's driving me crazy here!

nope, not yet. It's driving me crazy here!

Darn...Actually I just got lucky that I found my replacement copy at a used book store...They went ahead and gave it to me for $2.50(regular price for a used paperback novel at their store), but were going to charge me the $6 because it is rare. I guess I looked at the owner pathetically enough and he felt bad for me..either that or he let me have it cause he thought I was nuts :laugh: !

Edited by Lessa_Soong

lol!

its rare? uh-oh...this does not bode well for me...

Wellll, that is what he said...but, I am not sure if he was pulling my leg to get me to pay more money!

Masks is a really good book! (For those who don't know....No it is not a novelization of the episode of the same name)

indeed. I read it when I was 11 so I'd probably like it even more now.

indeed. I read it when I was 11 so I'd probably like it even more now.

Hey, I was not much older when I first read it I think....I remember being in middle school when I received the book...

:Di really liked this old TOS book called "How Much For Just The Planet" - Kirk and a Klingon diplomacy it out for this world's choice - Federation or Empire - the book was entirely written as a comedy, with some hilarious characters created for laughs - definitely recommended

i really liked assignment: eternity by greg cox. its about gary seven.

also, the eugenics wars volume one was great. looking forward to reading the next two installments.

I liked the Lost Years also and Sarek is one of my favorites. I have not read the Eugenics wars books yet but they are on my list. Has anyone ever read the old TOS novel The Vulcan Academy murders and it's sequel the IDIC epidemic they are vwery good

I mentioned it on another thread, but it is worth repeating: "Q Squared" by Peter David. One of the funniest books I have ever read (Star Trek or not). :bow:

that reminds me of anotehr one i have been trying to get others, including that guy that posted before me, to read. it was called IQ and it was a laugh riot.