Sign in to follow this  
touchthesky

How Would YOU Have Written the Finale?

Ok, I've had time to think about my opinion of the Enterprise finale, and I'm mad. What a terrible way to end this terrific show! I would demand a re-write but where will that get me? So I want to know how you would have ended the show:

Would you kill off Trip?

Would Trip and T'Pol finally admitted their feelings and started their own little Federation?

Would you have ended with the signing of the charter? Would it have happened six years in the future?

Would you consider giving a hint of an alliance between Archer and Hoshi?

Would the Romulans been involved in any way in your finale? How about the Klingons?

Please, appease me!

The basic plot was ok but I would have eliminated all of the Riker/Troi footage. It had no business being there. I would not have Trip die or if he would die, it would have been a more meaningful death. Lastly, I would have included Archer's speech and the episode would have ended with the Federation charter being signed.

I would not have killed off Trip. I also would have had Archer's speech. I also would have fast forwarded 100 years later, to see the commisioning of Enterprise NCC-1701.

I would have set the finale 15-20 yrs in the future.....NX-01 would be a orbiting museum, and the charactors would all be coming aboard for a reunion..in "aged" makeup, there would be lots of "flashback" footage..and they could "talk" about the good ole days, and the Earth/Romulan war, atleast one human/vulcan child running around, and Phlox could bring a couple wives with him, and we learn that Reed ended up married to one of them, lol...maybe have an emergency excuse to fire up the old girl and take it for a spin..the old crew...complete with tourist onboard.

I might have skipped the Troi/RIker footage forward to the commissioning of Titan, but not much else.

I think Trip's death had meaning: he had to keep Archer alive and the only way to do so was to kill himself. He died to keep the Federation alive.

I would have avoided time travel! Just had a low key episode, with all the crew on the bridge headin off for a new adventure. Nice and small and sentimental.

I would have avoided time travel! Just had a low key episode, with all the crew on the bridge headin off for a new adventure. Nice and small and sentimental.

325782[/snapback]

There was no time travel involved.

Click For Spoiler

I would have set the finale  15-20 yrs in the future.....NX-01 would be a orbiting museum, and the charactors would all be coming aboard for a reunion..in "aged" makeup, there would be lots of "flashback" footage..and they could "talk" about the good ole days, and the Earth/Romulan war, atleast one human/vulcan child running around, and Phlox could bring a couple wives with him, and we learn that Reed ended up married to one of them, lol...maybe have an emergency excuse to fire up the old girl and take it for a spin..the old crew...complete with tourist onboard.

325251[/snapback]

Not to burst your bubble, Headborg, but, that's sounds a bit like the begining of "Battlestar Galactica"

I would have set the finale  15-20 yrs in the future.....NX-01 would be a orbiting museum, and the charactors would all be coming aboard for a reunion..in "aged" makeup, there would be lots of "flashback" footage..and they could "talk" about the good ole days, and the Earth/Romulan war, atleast one human/vulcan child running around, and Phlox could bring a couple wives with him, and we learn that Reed ended up married to one of them, lol...maybe have an emergency excuse to fire up the old girl and take it for a spin..the old crew...complete with tourist onboard.

325251[/snapback]

Not to burst your bubble, Headborg, but, that's sounds a bit like the begining of "Battlestar Galactica"

325913[/snapback]

Hey, You noticed that...glad to see you watch other sci-fi than just startrek....still I think it would have been a lot better than a

Click For Spoiler
flashback of Riker and Troy on Enterprise-D, set at a time point in TNG before Riker had a Beard and extra tire around the waist, watching holographical recreations of the last days of NX-01 mission.....and what the heck did watching all that have to do with telling Picard about Promeathus! Not a darn thing, not much better than if Riker was taking in a Sunday Matinee.

I would have included every Enterprise, not just those three, and have had every Captain say a part of the ending quote.

It would have had the three that were in there, plus John Harriman from Generations, and Rachel Garret from Yesterday's Enterprise.

325251[/snapback]

325913[/snapback]

Hey, You noticed that...glad to see you watch other sci-fi than just startrek....still I think it would have been a lot better than a

Click For Spoiler
flashback of Riker and Troy on Enterprise-D, set at a time point in TNG before Riker had a Beard and extra tire around the waist, watching holographical recreations of the last days of NX-01 mission.....and what the heck did watching all that have to do with telling Picard about Promeathus! Not a darn thing, not much better than if Riker was taking in a Sunday Matinee.

326204[/snapback]

I agree with you there. I think the whole holodeck thing would ahve worked better if they had Riker and Troi on board the Titan, maybe using the holodeck to teach a history lesson to children on the ship?

I watch all sorts of Sci fi shows. right now, my favorite non-Trek show that's currently running is Battlestar Galactica. I jsut wish they'd give the tin can Cylons more airtime :dude:

Edited by Spike The Trill

I would have included every Enterprise, not just those three, and have had every Captain say a part of the ending quote.

It would have had the three that were in there, plus John Harriman from Generations, and Rachel Garret from Yesterday's Enterprise.

326243[/snapback]

But the Entreprise-D, NCC-1701, and the NX-01 ar the ones the fans are most familer with. I'm not sure B and C would ahve fit in well in that ending.

i think it sucked that Riker[or troi, can't remember] gave away that trip was annoying. If i written the ending, i would have gotten rid of Riker/ troi, and had Trip get killed from something else, not by something that did matter, but wasn't something he should have killed himself over. Also, i would have shown t'pol having the first signs of being pregnant, just to give a little bit more of a hint of whats to come...

325251[/snapback]

Ok..I quoted myself...Amendment: if fans have to have a Trip death scene..then 20yrs in the future during this ReUnion..some of those Xindi reptile who didn't give up the fight(and have finally lost the Xindi Civil War) are spotted heading for earth, the rest of the newly commissoned "star fleet" are out patroling the new Romulan Neutral Zone...only the old NX-enterprise stands between these final xindi and Earth, she's fired up and heads out to take on one last time...Trip gives his life to save Earth, the Ship, his family on board...and we have an incredible moving death scene where he dies in the arms of T'Pol with his young Son/Daughter...crying saying No Daddy,... And he asks Archer to take care of his family.

Ok..I quoted myself...Amendment: if fans have to have a Trip death scene..then 20yrs in the future during this ReUnion..some of those Xindi reptile who didn't give up the fight(and have finally lost the Xindi Civil War) are spotted heading for earth, the rest of the newly commissoned "star fleet" are out patroling the new Romulan Neutral Zone...only the old NX-enterprise stands between these final xindi and Earth, she's fired up and heads out to take on one last time...Trip gives his life to save Earth, the Ship, his family on board...and we have an incredible moving death scene where he dies in the arms of T'Pol with his young Son/Daughter...crying saying No Daddy,...  And he asks Archer to take care of his family.

326535[/snapback]

Hmm, a crew reunion in which a member then goes on a mission to save the lives of said crew. Sounds like End Game.

I would have not killed Trip, not made it from a Holodeck point of view (maybe time travel…), and would have moved it all up to the formation of the UFP, then at the end, shown the bridge of a Romulan ship in orbit of earth…

I would have not killed Trip, not made it from a Holodeck point of view (maybe time travel…), and would have moved it all up to the formation of the UFP, then at the end, shown the bridge of a Romulan ship in orbit of earth…

327245[/snapback]

The Romulan War was over at this point in history. The Romulans would be in a period of isolation at the end of the war.

327245[/snapback]

The Romulan War was over at this point in history. The Romulans would be in a period of isolation at the end of the war.

327254[/snapback]

I like the ideal of the POV of a cloaked Romulan ship in orbit witnessing the signing of the Federation Charter.....and they kicking and stomping their feet over it. Watching from the POV of the bridge..and then saying well guess we'll make an alliance with the Klingons? Wasn't the Charter signed on Babel? or did B&B change that too already? And when did the Romulans make an alliance with the Klingons? or did they.. or was it just an exchange of technology?

Wasn't the Charter signed on Babel? or did B&B change that too already? And when did the Romulans make an alliance with the Klingons? or did they.. or was it just an exchange of technology?

327257[/snapback]

The federation was formed in 2161 but canon gave no indication as to where the charter was signed although it could be easily deduced that it was signed on Earth since that is where Federation and Starfleet Headquarters are based.

If your reference to Babel concerns the TOS episode "Journey to Babel" it was a conference regarding the admittance of the Coridan planet to the Federation that was being held there.

According to the ST Encyclopedia:

The Klingons entered into a brief alliance with the Romulan Star Empire around 2268, when an agreement between the two powers resulted in the sharing of military technology and spacecraft designs, providing the Romulans with Klingon battle cruisers.

The federation was formed in 2161 but canon gave no indication as to where the charter was signed although it could be easily deduced that it was signed on Earth since that is where Federation and Starfleet Headquarters are based.

According to Star Fleet Technical Manual: Articles of Federation paragraph 3:

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS.

Accordingly, The Respective Social Systems, Through Representatives assembled on the planet BABEL, Who have exhibited their full powers to be in good and due form, Have agreed to these Articles of Federation of the United Federation of Planets, and do hereby establish an inter-planetary organization to be known as The United Federation of Planets.

CHAPTER XVIII

RATIFICATION AND SIGNATURE

In Faith Whereof the Representatives of the govennments of the United Federation of Planets have signed these Articles of Federation.

Done at the Planet Babel Stardate 0965

(Followed by signature sheets of the original signatory governments)

Edited by headborg

Accordingly, The Respective Social Systems, Through Representatives assembled on the planet BABEL, Who have exhibited their full powers to be in good and due form, Have agreed to these Articles of Federation of the United Federation of Planets, and do hereby establish an inter-planetary organization to be known as The United Federation of Planets.

CHAPTER XVIII

In Faith Whereof the Representatives of the govennments of the United Federation of Planets have signed these Articles of Federation.

327451[/snapback]

Not everyone takes that as cannon... it was never in a show (that I know of) and even if it was much seems to go against it.

The same "isolation" of the TNG and TOS time, and with low-end Starfleet scanners of the time getting a cloaked ship by would not be hard... the Romulans may also have their own "delegate" at the signing.

Edited by BKY1701

CHAPTER XVIII

327451[/snapback]

As BKY says that wasn't on any of the series or movies. Books are not canon.

From st.com:

...the events that take place within the live action episodes and movies are canon, or official Star Trek facts

CHAPTER XVIII

327451[/snapback]

As BKY says that wasn't on any of the series or movies. Books are not canon.

From st.com:

...the events that take place within the live action episodes and movies are canon, or official Star Trek facts

327584[/snapback]

:P B) I concede Articles of Federation are not Canon..Technical Manual is not canon....therefore it's AOK to sign the charter ANYWHERE TPTB wish to write/film it. And that idea of having the Romulans Invited to sign, but having them decline instead would be a really cool twist.