Sign in to follow this  
MMottster

Finale question

Its been along time since The Next Generation for me. Please explain how the Pegassus storyline tied into the Trip/Shran storyline. Did I miss something? To me the two storylines did not fit at all. I found the finale very lacking. The only part I did like was the closing credits with the 3 Enterprise and 3 captains doing "These are the Voyages...."

Its been along time since The Next Generation for me.  Please explain how the Pegassus storyline tied into the Trip/Shran storyline.  Did I miss something?  To me the two storylines did not fit at all.  I found the finale very lacking.  The only part I did like was the closing credits with the 3 Enterprise and 3 captains doing "These are the Voyages...."

324187[/snapback]

Riker's dilemma was whether to obey the orders of Admiral Preston and not tell Picard about the phase cloaking devise that was being tested on the Pegasus. Riker was trying to seek guidance from the past through Trip.

Click For Spoiler

I believe Riker was wanting to see what kind of person Trip was and what led Trip to that decision and then apply what he had learned to his own situation.