Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

I find myself sad

Ever since I heard about the Riker/Troi connection to Enterprise's finale, I wasn't too enthused about seeing it.

But now it's over. And I find myself sad. Not because the last episode was rather... blah. But because it's the last episode. I guess it finally struck me. Its finally over.

:tear:

I loved Enterprise, but I'd be OK with its cancellation if "Terra Prime" had been the series finale. "These Are The Voyages" was too lame, and that makes me sad. I think Trek will be back in some form eventually. It won't be gone long.

"These Are The Voyages" was too lame, and that makes me sad. I think Trek will be back in some form eventually. It won't be gone long. 

324177[/snapback]

I agree, both on the lameness, and that Trek will be back. The many media comments about Trek being gone make me angry. Trek exists in more than TV series, and movies. It also exists in the books, comics, fan fiction, chatrooms, etc. It also lives in the minds and hearts of its fans. It is not dead and it will return!

These are the Voyages was a lame finale. I agree the Terra Prime story line would have been an excellent finale. Or expand the Shran 10 year story line (without killing off Tucker) that would have been a good ending too.

I'm sad too. I've been watching some form of Star Trek for some many years. Now I don't have anything to look forward to.

I too am very saddened by the ending of the series. I was not really satisfied with the finale. I will now have to live on reruns until, or rather if, another series is made. I am not confident in Paramount caring about Trek anymore now that they have cancelled ENT.

I too feel quite sad - for one I remember TOS from it's original run and next year when ST celebrates it's 40th anniversary - there will be no new series or no movie.

However, I believe as Bones said "It's dead Jim" I don't think there are encough people left that understand what Trek is enough to carry it on and even if they throw a Trek label on it - it will be something else.