Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Berman Bids 'Enterprise' Fans Farewell

What a crock. :rofl: I'd bet neither B nor B said any of those things and the only thing I believe Jolene Blalock said was that the finale was "appalling" in her opinion. The rest is imo fabricated rumors designed to fester hate against B&B.

AE, it says it's "satire" in the post description.

My computer won't let me open the link right now (anyone else having that problem?), but I'm sure it's funny.

I don't believe a word of that article. It has to be fake. Even if one doesn't like someone or something, a certain sense of decorum is usually maintained. Nobody I've ever heard of speaks like that in an article that is to be published.

That's just as believable as that article saying that Jack Bauer will do nothing but eat a sandwich in the next episode of 24.

Note to all: This is satire.

The statements and such contined therein are fabricated.

I know but I'm not laughing and understand why anyone else would not. Maybe in ten years it'll be funny to me but at the moment it's too soon; I am still in mourning.

(no offense DrWho)

It was light satire. I think its aim was accurate in mocking the aspects of the series that put people off. I don't think it was too heavy-handed. It did not have me chuckling or even smiling. It was more of a, 'oh yeah, I see what they're saying. That's clever.'

That's just as believable as that article saying that Jack Bauer will do nothing but eat a sandwich in the next episode of 24.

323444[/snapback]

Well, I could go for a sandwich right about now...but I probably should focus on the nuke.

Well it is funny - imagine them really saying that about each other - Jolene Blalock is particularly critical - perhaps there is some simmering resentment there (LOL) - maybe they said in the article what was already known but I did like it when B & B were compared to a couple of retards - one could sense organisations representing these people being offended everywhere - after all what an insult being compared to Berman and Braga.

I agree that this is too soon to be that amusing, at least to me.

Satire is VERY tricky to pull off effectively. I worked in a community where someone tried to write a piece of satire about how the community did not deserve to exist. It was based on a short piece called Who Needs Rhode Island, I believe, in a magazine. Anyway, the whole community was up in arms about, the Chicago Tribune got tons of calls and the author apoligized to the mayor and community. A lot of it was inadvertently close to the truth, (and while I found it pretty amusing, most folks there did not).