Sign in to follow this  

What it is it with these SW fans lining up in front of the cinema? Are they nuts??? What do they think they are going to get that the rest of us who wait a little while to see it are not going to? It's still the same movie!! I guess it's some power trip thing.

What it is it with these SW fans lining up in front of the cinema? Are they nuts??? What do they think they are going to get that the rest of us who wait a little while to see it are not going to? It's still the same movie!! I guess it's some power trip thing.

323018[/snapback]

I get the impression it is more about the experience and saying they waited in line for however long to see this movie.

Star Trek doesn't have that simply because its movies aren't as far apart and there are series in the interim. Trek XI could experience something similar though.

You obviously aren't a big Star Wars fan so you wouldn't understand. I'd be out there with them but I don't like being outside for too long...

Went it comes to the Theatres I usually go the Saturday after it opened when the lineup is not so crowded going to a Matinee.

B) :rofl::bow: B)

Went it comes to the Theatres I usually go the Saturday after it opened when the lineup is not so crowded going to a Matinee.

B)  :rofl:  :bow:  B)

323030[/snapback]

That probably won't be the case with this one, there'll be lines for weeks!

On the day we go we'll go about 4 hours early so we can get near the front of a line, I won't settle for our getting a bad seat (like down front) to see this one.

Or you could be like me and have got your ticket last week :rofl:

I used to never understand waiting in line for a couple hours to see a film.. but with the LOTR trilogy that was most certainly the case. Even with getting tickets early, there was still a line to get into the theater because of all of the people who had gotten advance tickets. Longest wait I think was nearly two hours and that was for the first LOTR installment (we got advance tickets for the other two....and luckily got in the theater before we had to sit on the floor in front or in the aisles)

But over two hours to wait for a film??? That is still and forever will be too much, IMO. No matter the fandom.

I wouldn't even do that for Trek believe it or not. Star Wars takes the mick out of Sci- Fi

??? It's my opinion, sorry if I offend you. Science Fiction genre has been destroyed by Star Wars.

??? It's my opinion, sorry if I offend you. Science Fiction genre has been destroyed by Star Wars.

323823[/snapback]

You didn't offend anyone. Its just that nobody knows what you mean by the term "mick".

oh i do apologise :laugh: .... mick is like joking or mocking or being sarcastic...star wars mocks star trek and sci fi genre

Thanks for the definition. However, please expand on your statement. I think Star Wars is a great example of sci-fi. You obviously don't. Why?

I wouldn't even do that for Trek believe it or not. Star Wars takes the mick out of Sci- Fi

323791[/snapback]

oh i do apologise  :laugh: .... mick is like joking or mocking or being sarcastic...star wars  mocks star trek and sci fi genre

323830[/snapback]

That makes no relevance to what you said up there. "Star Wars takes the mocking out of sci-fi"

323823[/snapback]

In my opinion it has been enhanced by Star Wars. With a movie like Star Wars, how many sci-fi fans do you think there would be?

star wars mocks star trek and sci fi genre

No It Doesn't, Some Star Wars FANS Mock Star Trek, Not Star Wars Itself. :laugh:

And Dispite The Setting, Star Wars Fits More Into Fantasy Than Sci-Fi.

What it is it with these SW fans lining up in front of the cinema? Are they nuts???

323018[/snapback]

Many of us prefer the term "fanatic." :laugh: What do we get by standing in line? We get to watch the movie and share the experience with others who are totally absorbed in this epic. I would love to be there and hope I get to see it on the first day.

323887[/snapback]

You say that when you have a Death Star pointed at you B)

What it is it with these SW fans lining up in front of the cinema? Are they nuts???

323018[/snapback]

Many of us prefer the term "fanatic." :laugh: What do we get by standing in line? We get to watch the movie and share the experience with others who are totally absorbed in this epic. I would love to be there and hope I get to see it on the first day.

323893[/snapback]

Right on, brother!

And check out this video to see how the fans in line are doing :wink2:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/starwars

Edited by sea trooper

agreed, Star Wars has been a great thing for Scifi. It's what introduced me to the genre, which would eventually lead to my love for Trek. I've been a Star Trek fan for only 3 years, but I've been a Star Wars fan for 10! :laugh:

Edited by Gamera

I can understand lining up the day of the show. I cannot understand those people that have been in line for weeks now. Do these people not have school or jobs? If not, how do they live? I guess these are the people that live in their parents basements and sponge off them. I don't know. Its a mystery to me.

What blows me away is the people that have been standing in line at grauman's chinese theater which showed the first premier of the first star wars, but they're not showing the last one! so these people are standing in line for no reason... If I stood in line for a movie, I'd at least stand in the right line!

star wars mocks star trek and sci fi genre

No It Doesn't, Some Star Wars FANS Mock Star Trek, Not Star Wars Itself. :tear:

323887[/snapback]

Well, yeah... 90% of the time I see SW defined as "Science Fantasy" rather than Sci-Fi.

I can understand Wars fans standing in line for days/weeks/whatever to be the first in, but what are they going to do when all the people who bought their tickets in advance simply walk by them, point and laugh, and watch the viewing that the people in line were waiting for while they have to continue standing outside until everyone who bought their tickets in advance have watched the show?

You say that when you have a Death Star pointed at you  :tear:

George Lucas Himself Says It's NOT Sci-Fi :tear:

324031[/snapback]

What does George Lucas know? :wink2: