Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How Would You Rate "Demons"?

How Would You Rate "Demons"?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate "Demons"?

Synopsis from st.com:

Click For Spoiler

What did you think of the episode "Demons"?

8 out of 10. It wasn't the adrenalin ride the past couple of weeks have been but I deeply respect what it was trying to do in paralleling real world events. I wish ENT had explored themes of prejudice just like this far more than they did for the past four years. ENT was the perfect setting for it. I'm wistful because this episode touches on how powerful ENT could have been under the right stewardship, with four years to explore these themes instead of two episodes. :rofl:

It just seems subdued compared to the exhilarating treat we had the last two weeks with IamD.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it an 8 but that was probably more than I actually liked it.

Click For Spoiler
Pretty predictable - pretty girl = deceit, treachery.

I liked the character touches more than anything - Archer ordering Trip to clap and Trip's conversation with Phlox.

I also noticed something about the conversation with Trip and Phlox when he referred to "removing the embryo" - a nice euphemism for abortion. I know ST has carefully skirted that particular social issue.

I also got the expected jab at those who want immigration controls with that line about "nearly 5000 undocumented aliens on Earth"

It is my opinion that many "ethnic" disputes today are about culture and behavior not about "racial purity": ex: immigration issues in the US. And, IMO, to characterize such disagreements as being about genetics oversimplifies the problem and prevents us from finding any real solution

I gave it an 8. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected a real let down from the last 2 weeks.

10!!!

Click For Spoiler
I knew that something like this would have to be covered and the fact they talked about the aftermath of WW3 really set the mood of what type of people they are. I just wounder what will happen to the kid of Trip and T'Pol and, from what I heard in the preview, who were the 71 that died...
Edited by Capt_Picard

Click For Spoiler
Mentioning Colonel Green was a nice touch too for us TOS fans.

And wasn't Samuels on an early TNG episode? He looks familiar.

And who would have guessed that the Coridan ambassador was the host of "Hollywood Squares"? Another great TOS reference though. The Coridan ambassador must not have impressed the Federation much because they were still arguing whether to admit Coridan into the Federation in "Journey to Babel".

Edited by mj

I gave it a 10. I really liked this episode.

Click For Spoiler

I have a theory about Paxton, I'd like to share:

This is nothing concrete, just a theory.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

323117[/snapback]

That would indeed be a remarkable development!

Answering spoiler questions posed by Captain Picard:

WARNING!!! THE SPOILERS BELOW GIVE DETAILS OF THE NEXT EPISODE, "TERRA PRIME", AND ARE NOT PART OF THE DISCUSSION OF "DEMONS" !!!

Spoiler question #1-

Click For Spoiler
Who were the 71 who died?--Will is talking to Deanna about the crew who was killed aboard the Pegasus. Will and Deanna suck up a lot of screen time in the finale. It's not just a minute at the beginning and the end.

Spoiler question #2

Click For Spoiler
What happens to Trip and T'Pol's daughter?--she dies. Insiders at another BBS led me to believe she died because one of the technicians does harm to her, or she is sick and they don't treat her. The last scene is of Trip crying his eyes out, holding hands with T'Pol as they try to comfort each other.
Edited by mj

We were preempted again by baseball on Friday, so I just saw it last night.

I honestly enjoyed this one and give it a solid 9. There were only a few detractors, but not enough to take away from the overall ep.

To me, the plot seemed TNG, and the execution of it all had some good TOS qualities. I don't really know how to explain it, but that's how I felt. Plus, the CG work was great :bow: .

Could someone give me a good recap on this

Click For Spoiler
character? I'm afraid I didn't catch the reference right off.

EDIT:

My only big gripe:

Click For Spoiler

Could someone give me a good recap on this

Click For Spoiler
character? I'm afraid I didn't catch the reference right off.

I'll give a brief recap.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

323022[/snapback]

I just re-watched this episode on Space.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

323117[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

Click For Spoiler
With Vulcans and other aliens having been on and to Earth for so many years it surprises me that this baby would be the first human/alien child conceived. Regarding your theory on Paxton, wouldn't it be interesting if he was a descendant of Mestral, the Vulcan T'Pol talked about who stayed on Earth in season 2's Carbon Creek.

323207[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
That would be great if true! Very interesting theory. Can't wait to see if that pans out.

9 - a very powerful episode. Peter Weller was great as the nazi like John Frederick Paxton. I loved it when the station launched and went to warp (never seen that happen before)

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this