Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Recurring Character

Who is your favourite recurring character on TNG?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite recurring character on TNG?

• Lursa and B'Etor
    • Q
    • Lore
    • Sela
    • Ro Laren
    • Lwaxana Troi
    • Vash
    • K'Ehleyr
    • Hugh
    • Sarek

I know I probably missed quite a few great guest characters. I have only chosen characters who were in at least two episodes and some are good guys and some are not.

I did not include Spock, Miles O'Brien and Spot as I thought they might skew the results. Spock was in two episodes but he only had one line in Unification Part 1. Chief O'Brien is really well liked and since he was practically a regular I thought it best not to include him. And Spot...well everyone loves our very special felis cattus. :)

Let me know what you think and why.

I voted for Q, because out of the ones on the list he was the one who made the biggest imapact, and TNG wouldn't have been the same. Lore weas pretty important too, as ar as a background for Data, showing the Darker of the Humanity that Data wanted to be apart of.

Without a doubt, Q!!! I love his wit and sarcasm. I think some of the best TNG episodes are the ones with Q. Without Q, we would have never heard Worf proclaim "I am NOT a merry man!!".

For villains its a toss up between Q and Lore (and I chose Q)...but if he was on that list I would have chosen BARCLAY! how could you for get him? How? HOW? (Sorrym lol)

OK, Q was the obvious choice, so I decided to go for someone who looks as if he may finish second. . .Lore of course! Hey, he's kinda the underdog in this poll when you look who else is there!

Oh Come on!!! Sorry sorry..this isn't meant meanly and I respect all other opinons ..But Laren was the best! True whenever she was on an ep you knew she wag going in Maqui Style or because it gave her the chance to get frisky with Riker :) But when she was on an ep, it made the whole show so much more interesting. Q would be a goof and Lore would be centered around Data and god didnt Laxwana get tiresome after a while..Laren was a good looking girl with a brain and brass to back it up..Picard was intimadating and she stood her ground..if only cuz she felt she owed him that much and because of her characters hard life..I wish she had been a full time member..instead of all that Wesley fluff.

For villains its a toss up between Q and Lore (and I chose Q)...but if he was on that list I would have chosen BARCLAY! how could you for get him? How? HOW? (Sorrym lol)

I'll be honest - I forgot about Barclay. I like him too. It is so nice to know that not everyone is perfect in the 24th century and that there are screw-ups like him in Starfleet.

I voted for Sarek, not just because of his two TNG episodes but rather for all of the times that we saw him. He was such a great character and he was played by such a great actor! I thought that it was awesome that they were able to bring him into TNG for two episodes. Has anyone ever read the book 'Sarek'? I think that it is one of my favorite Trek books.

Lol, I never thought of him as a screw up, but I liked how they had at lleast someone who had some fears and was SHY. Barclay's really easy to identify with, he was funny, he had some great episodes, and good charcter development, too.

I'll be honest - I forgot about Barclay. I like him too. It is so nice to know that not everyone is perfect in the 24th century and that there are screw-ups like him in Starfleet.

Actually I had forgotten about Barclay as well, HE IS HILARIOUS!

Aww, poor Barclay. Everyone keeps forgetting about him, lol :) ooh, I love this icon: :) hehehe

Ok..sorry, bout that.

Oh Come on!!! Sorry sorry..this isn't meant meanly and I respect all other opinons ..But Laren was the best! True whenever she was on an ep you knew she wag going in Maqui Style or because it gave her the chance to get frisky with Riker :) But when she was on an ep, it made the whole show so much more interesting. Q would be a goof and Lore would be centered around Data and god didnt Laxwana get tiresome after a while..Laren was a good looking girl with a brain and brass to back it up..Picard was intimadating and she stood her ground..if only cuz she felt she owed him that much and because of her characters hard life..I wish she had been a full time member..instead of all that Wesley fluff.

I'm positive I answered to this quote already, but I can't find it anywhere. Oh well; here it is again:

Ro Laren was a great character (the best of all TNG females IMO. Tasha...she was good, but, well, we know why - it never happened :) , crusher was whiny and didn't seem to have too much of a personality, Troi was a pain in the...neck for 90% of the show, and Pulanski just...wasn't my favourite character. I guess it was mostly b/c of how she treated Data, also because she seemed very cynical: "As Dr Pulanski would say if she were here - Life is not always fair" - Data, Measure of Man)

Okay I now realize why I didn't include Guinan and Barclay in my poll. Sort of the same reason as O'Brien. They were so much part of the family that I didn't think of them as "guests".

I think what it is about Barclay, is that he always was there but not there. . .ever in the background. Even in First Contact, he came up to shake Cochrane's hand and then boom he's gone again. We just barely see him. Sad, cause he could really have become a more interesting character.

Okay I now realize why I didn't include Guinan and Barclay in my poll. Sort of the same reason as O'Brien. They were so much part of the family that I didn't think of them as "guests".

You have a point, they are guest characters, but are more like regulars.

Yeah Im with the others... Q aside I'd have to vote for Barclay. I really like him in the episode where he's scared of the transporter. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. Gave him something in common with Bones which was kinda cool.