Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Goodbye

I don't know whether this should even be a topic . But I just wanted to let those know who might wonder where I am that I am leaving the web site ............I don't participate as much as I used for the same reason that I am leaving..........I have watched many others come and go and hoped this would not be the case with my self...........But the last few threads that I have participated in; as well as some that I have read, have shown me clearly that it's time for me to move on to other areas that support my interest in Star Trek.

I am really sorry you feel that way

But if you would voice your concerns they could be addressed

and maybe resolved.

Please do not leave on a bad note.

I am not anything but a member.

But contact a mod. They will help

Edited by Odo

Perhaps if you would share just exactly what is bugging you, we would all know what you're talking about.

I'm sorry you are going :clap:

I always found your posts to be very insightful and enjoyed them greatly.

What threads were they that upset you?

I know you were on the race thread and gave advice to Wishfire on bleeding hearts and in looking at your posts there was another comment regarding not posting as much. :blink: :yahoo:

Please reconsider staying. If one of those threads had something to do with your leaving, than you are letting those "others" you referred to win. :look:

Edited by Madame Butterfly

I think I share the same feelings as some of the other members here, in the regards to the fact that maybe if the concerns were discussed (like Odo and Kor37, suggested) we could all get stuff resolved.

I hope that the absence is not a permanent one, Gotabite :naughty: And that maybe we will see you again soon, or at the best, that you could/would stay.

Awww, I may never have spoken to you, but I always tried to respect your wisdom. I have also looked up to you as an elder. I am sorry you are leaving. I hope you don't have any problems with myself, but if you do, please tell me. I would hate to think any of my opinions have led you to this descision.

I really hate to see you leave as you have been a great member. Please contact one of the MOD team so that we can look into the issues that you are seeing, unfortunately we do not always catch everything that is posted so unless someone reports the issues to us we do not always see issues that should be addressed.

Gotabite, I'm not sure how you expect us to respond. If you've found other sites that better meet your interests then I wish you well. However, I just got the feeling that you wanted us to feel guilty about something - as if we're responsible for your leaving. I guess a couple of others felt that way too from the responses posted here. I'm guessing the people you have issues with are clueless about it.

Good luck to you.

Well, since she won't respond to any of us here, I will quote Curley Bill Brocious from the movie "Tombstone"......"Well...............bye"

Well, since she won't respond to any of us here, I will quote Curley Bill Brocious from the movie "Tombstone"......"Well...............bye"

322680[/snapback]

She hasn't responded because she's left Kor!! :naughty:

She hasn't responded because she's left Kor!!

I don't think shes left yet. Anyone that makes a mysterious, cryptic comment like she did will undoubtably hang around for a little while just to see what the responses are. Its human nature.

I think she left a more revealing post on another thread UH, and I surmize that lead to her leaving.

:naughty:

322673[/snapback]

I agree with those who hope you do not leave since your posts are thoughtful and add to this site.

If others read some of the latest posts she made, it seems she was not happy with some statements made by others. I am only guessing which topics, but on topics like race and shooting cats, perhaps some members are making statements that are truly upsetting to others. I have no idea how to deal with that other than asking everyone to think a bit before they just dash off a response. Count to ten, reread your post twice before hitting the send button, or reread it and edit it. I'm not saying censor yourself constantly, just to think of how you would feel if others made rude or thoughtless comments on a topic that you cared about passionately.

Or I may be totally wrong and offbase. Maybe she's just moved on. But it can't hurt if everyone tries to respect the opinions of others or just turns the rant level down a notch imo.

I think she left a more revealing post on another thread UH, and I surmize that lead to her leaving.

:naughty:

322673[/snapback]

I agree with those who hope you do not leave since your posts are thoughtful and add to this site.

If others read some of the latest posts she made, it seems she was not happy with some statements made by others. I am only guessing which topics, but on topics like race and shooting cats, perhaps some members are making statements that are truly upsetting to others. I have no idea how to deal with that other than asking everyone to think a bit before they just dash off a response. Count to ten, reread your post twice before hitting the send button, or reread it and edit it. I'm not saying censor yourself constantly, just to think of how you would feel if others made rude or thoughtless comments on a topic that you cared about passionately.

Or I may be totally wrong and offbase. Maybe she's just moved on. But it can't hurt if everyone tries to respect the opinions of others or just turns the rant level down a notch imo.

322773[/snapback]

I just have a problem with not allowing anyone to express a contrary point of view - I don't believe any "issue" is resolved that way. I agree Gotabite has, from her experience, been able to point out insights on issues the rest of us might have missed. But then I can say that about a lot of people on this board. But if we never discuss topics that might "offend" some people we will all end up habaroing our opinions and possible misconceptions all to ourselves.

I just talked to her After i post this she may not talk to me again.

But she is rethinking her desion after all the nice response's

Mb what You have said is true.

This is where i get into trouble( Gotabite i am sorry if you read this)

I pm'ed her we talked a little.She'S hurt can understand her feelings.

You know has any one else tried she answered me?