Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

Official Star Trek Convention, Las Vegas, NV

I wanted to post a pic and share with you all this really cool Emissary collectors plate I bought at the convention. I like how the ring of the station is around the outside of it..Nice renderings of this great DS9 episode as well..

STC005.jpg

And yeah, you know that I made it to the bridge!!

STC007.jpg

And I finally got a ride on those awesome transporters that I've heard so much about !!

STC006.jpg

the transporter pic is really cool me want one.

But with Sisko, Kira, and Dax B)

Those are some great pics. I remember you asking Brent Spiner if he was interested in participating in 'Trek to the Troops'. Did anything come out of that ? He seemed receptive to the idea..

Nice report, ST.

Takara_Soong, I didn't know you wrote those reports at startrek.com. I printed them out a week ago & have been enjoying them while I eat lunch at my desk. Thank you so much. :naughty:

BTW, Mike, I've been checking out the site re: the '06 Convention. While that ticket that's currently on sale prob. isn't the right one for me, I'm waiting to see the next levels that are for sale.

BTW, Mike, I've been checking out the site re: the '06 Convention.  While that ticket that's currently on sale prob. isn't the right one for me, I'm waiting to see the next levels that are for sale.

Me too..The Gold Tickets are too expensive for me as well..The next level of tickets should be more affordable, like last years..I hope.. :rolleyes:

So, I can assume you were satisfied with the level ticket you bought for the '05 con? And, then did you purchase supplemental tickets for other events you wanted to attend?

Yeah, I was satisfied with the level of ticket I bought in '05..It had a cooler name too -- Captain's Chair -- If I did buy a Gold Ticket I doubt I wouldn't have bought any of the supplementary tickets like The Star Trek concert for instance..

This is why I rarely attend conventions anymore. Its a huge money grab. Back in the old days, you bought 1 ticket at 1 price and that got you access to everything. These convention promoters today think they are the NFL or something.

How much are the tickets?

The 40th anniversary of Star Trek will be celebrated at a convention next year at the Las Vegas Hilton, home of Star Trek: The Experience.

Weeks after their 2005 Las Vegas convention, Creation Entertainment has announced the upcoming gala, which will take place from August 17-20th, 2006. "The 2005 Convention was simply a smash hit, most would agree the best Star Trek Convention ever with 15,000 plus ticket-buyers," noted the organizers. "The overall sentiment from attendees was 'how are we ever going to top it for the incredible 40th Anniversary convention that was coming in 2006?' Ah, a challenge to live up to."

To prove their point, Creation has posted photos from the 2005 event, including rare convention guest Avery Brooks (Sisko) as well as William Shatner (Kirk), Kate Mulgrew (Janeway), Patrick Stewart (Picard), Nana Visitor (Kira), Marina Sirtis (Troi), Michael Dorn (Worf), Connor Trinneer (Tucker) and many others.

Creation also announced the winners of the DeForest Kelley Medical Recognition Award, Angela and Rob Barrow, a pair of doctors from Arkansas. In their winning essay they wrote, "Our patients are a blessing to us, and we care deeply about them. Many are the times we joke about how we'd love to have one of Dr. McCoy’s magic salt shakers or one of Dr. Crusher’s scanners! Why, Bones could identify a virus and have an antidote for it within an hour!"

At the 2006 convention there will be a contest for fans to design a winning centerpiece for the Gold Exclusive Dessert Party. Only approximately 100 Gold tickets are available for the four-day event for $679. The Las Vegas Hilton is accepting hotel room reservations for the 2006 event at the special rate of $105.

Trek Today

Expensive huh? But those are the Gold Tickets. I'm waiting for them to start selling the next round of less expensive tivkets..

It's a shame the never really make it over here but I look forward to going to a Las Vegas convention in the future.

As a matter of interest what do you get with gold tickets that you don't get with others?

It's a shame the never really make it over here but I look forward to going to a Las Vegas convention in the future.

As a matter of interest what do you get with gold tickets that you don't get with others?

A closer seat in the main auditorium where the Trek stars speak..Lots of free autographs..Don't know how many as I feel this is a little out of my price range. And they call row by row for the autographs, so the closer the seat you have the shorter wait you have..

I remember hearing something about platinum tickets before wich will admit you to special bars and post convention clubs with the cast and crew but I'd imagine they'd cost a fortune.

A closer seat in the main auditorium where the Trek stars speak..Lots of free autographs..Don't know how many as I feel this is a little out of my price range. And they call row by row for the autographs, so the closer the seat you have the shorter wait you have..

When I used to go to cons regularly, seats in the main auditorium was first come first served. The same with the autograph line. There was only 1 ticket to buy which usually cost about $30.

I guess the next thing Creation will do is have you buy a PSL (Personal Seat License) just like they do in the NFL..... :laugh:

I know Creation conventions are expensive but that's where we are right now. What's the alternative? It's either pay and enjoy yourself or do without. I'm going to view it as my 1 vacation of the year..

Its not just Creation. Our convention over here called "Shore Leave" is a fan run convention and its just as expensive.

But if going to the Vegas con is your only vacation for the year, then go ahead and splurg. I don't blame you.

Great. I was wondering which ticket you bought, ST.

BTW Matt, you also get a Trek coin & goody bag, I think. There's prob. more but I can't recall. It's on Creation's Homepage, tho.

Even tho my mother offered to split the ticket with me (is she great or what :laugh:) I just felt that almost $700.00 was too much when there's food/hotel/air/gambling & lots of other things involved. I, too, look at it as my big vacation for the year & have pretty much decided I want to attend esp. b/c it's the 40th anniversary & I just think it'll be tremendous.

Ok! Boy have I been away to long from the boards. And if next year is the 40th anniversay , hmmmm, Hopefully with what is coming my way I WILL be there. So can anyone give me a rough assetament on the cost? I know prices change by I guess ST you would be the best to ask how much it cost you.

It cost me more than I like to think about Chataeya..And it'll be more expensive next year I'm sure..There was the round trip plane ticket from Massachusetts, the room at the Hilton and then of course the 'Captain's Chair' convention ticket...Hmmm, I could probably look into it when I get home and send you a PM with the total price if you're really that interested..