Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

Official Star Trek Convention, Las Vegas, NV

As I excitingly await this convention I was wondering if any members are planning on going to this convention in Vegas on August 11-14th..

I wish!!!! I was just looking at the line-up for the convention and they've added a few big names since last I looked. I can't believe there are going to be 4 of the 5 captains there (Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew and William Shatner). *sigh*

I would love to go. I'll see if I can get the funds to go. :yahoo: If not, I can always dream. :blink:

PS, that is a great line-up. :clap::look:

The annual Vegas convention is 2nd only to the annual one in Pasadena. Both cost huge bucks! Those of us on the other side of the country like me have to make do with the regional conventions.

The line-up for Vegas keeps getting better and better, unless you're a Riker fan.

Jonathan Frakes has had to cancel because he's going to be in Africa directing a movie. However, Brent Spiner and Robert Beltran have been added to the guest list.

Here are the TENTATIVE days of appearance of the major celebrities:

THURSDAY

Robert Walker

Alice Krige

Corbin Bernsen

Robin Curtis

James Darren

John de Lancie

LeVar Burton

FRIDAY

Kate Mulgrew

Michael Dorn

Marina Sirtis

Barbara March

Gwynth Walsh

Hallie Todd

Gary Graham

Chase Masterson

Max Grodenchik

Garrett Wang

SATURDAY

Patrick Stewart

Avery Brooks

Rosalind Chao

Robbie McNeill

Penny Johnson Jerald

Alexander Siddig

Dennis McCarthy

Martha Hackett

Jeffrey Combs

Casey Biggs

Vaughn Armstrong

SUNDAY

Nana Visitor

William Shatner

Brent Spiner

Robert Beltran

Dean Haglund

Rene Auberjonois

Armin Shimerman

Jolene Blalock

I'm considering it but this being June and this is my first thought about it I highly doubt I'll go. I might make a point of going to next years though.

That's quite a line up for this convention. I'm excited that there are going to be so many DS9 stars there. I'm getting real anxious for it. Looks like no one else from this board is going. When I come back I'll make sure I post a con report and take pics to go with it.. :lol:

That's quite a line up for this convention. I'm excited that there are going to be so many DS9 stars there. I'm getting real anxious for it. Looks like no one else from this board is going. When I come back I'll make sure I post a con report and take pics to go with it..  :lol:

333709[/snapback]

That's the main thing that makes me want to go, but since I hadn't even considered it till just now I'm afraid that I haven't set the funds aside to do it this year and I'm sure reservations are impossible to get now anyway.

*Gasp*....Someone hired Frakes to direct a movie???

333679[/snapback]

It's a tv movie sequel called The Librarian 2. Here's the link to the sequel (not much info) and the original.

*SIGH* I'm so envious of you, ST.

You're not going to Vegas, Takara?

334205[/snapback]

I'd be there in a second if I had the money. This is the best lineup they've had since I started wanting to go.

This year there are a couple of my fellow Winnipeggers there with Gwynyth Walsh and Dean Haglund*.

*For those who don't know who Dean Haglund is, he played one of the Lone Gunmen on X-Files. He's from just outside Winnipeg.

You have school in august? :) That sucks!

334554[/snapback]

i live on the other side of the world!

it winter right now :)

334557[/snapback]

I am with you on that one. It does suck. I just got over the flu when I visited Townsville.

You have school in august? :) That sucks!

334554[/snapback]

i live on the other side of the world!

it winter right now :)

334557[/snapback]

I am with you on that one. It does suck. I just got over the flu when I visited Townsville.

334560[/snapback]

i constantly have the flu

Creation's website has indicated that Alexander Siddig and Alice Krige will not be able to attend this year's convention due to movie committments.

Well, I just got back from the Vegas convention today. I had an awesome time of course. I had so much fun. I am so hungry and tired now and I need to do some stuff to get my home back to normal. And I bought so much stuff that I need to find a place for in my Starbase..But wanted to post my report on the Vegas Con..

Vega Colony News

Actually I was somewhat disappointed in how my pics came out for the most part. But I don't have a great camera and I was more interested in enjoying myself. I did have a couple of pics taken professionally there and I might post them after I get the scanned..

I'm sure you all know who this is with me..

STC002.jpg

Yeah, that's right. It's Vaughn Armstrong. He and a couple others that you know, Casey Biggs, Jeff Coombs, have formed the 'Enterprise Blues Band'. Vaugh plays a Yukoleli and Casey and Jeff play Guitar. I bought the CD. The songs are entertaining and I saw them perform them a couple different times at the convention. Once in the main Auditorium where all the Trek stars speak and the other in Quarks. It was really cool that on Friday night they closed Star Trek: The Experience off and had a buffet for the 'Gold and Captain's Chair' convention ticket holders. Chase, Max and Vaugh provided the entertainment. I ended up sitting at the bar next to the stage drinking Romulan Ale. I had a great time of course. The guy sitting next to me thought that I looked like a young Scotty and he insisted we toast Scotty with some Scotch.. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I got plastered in Quarks on friday night. Also James Darren and Armin were in Quarks too. What a party..

And of course thru the day and on every day that had Trek stars talking in the main auditorium and taking questions. That was so much fun. In fact I didn't want to miss a single minute of what was going on in there so I skipped eating lunch and dinner a few times. It was either that or miss out and I wanted to see and hear everything possible. My fave speakers? Hard to pick.They were all wonderful but you know how I feel about DS9 so those were the stars that really got to me. Seeing Avery Brooks up there was wonderful..They also had Rene, Nana and Armin up there at the same time. That was great. And yeah, I did get my photo taken with Nana.. I was certainly happy to be sitting next to her..It was taken on the last day so it will be mailed to me..

On Saturday night was the Star Trek concert and I was so looking forward to this. You all probably know how I feel about the Trek theme music. They had a portion of the Las Vegas Philimonic Orchestra there and let me tell you, it was fantastic..Very emotional for me but I'll like that..And I had a seat 4 rows from the stage..Afterwards they had a dessert party with James Darren and Chase providing the entertainment..

BTW, I bought Chase's new CD, Ad Astra, there in the dealers room. She is so awesome. And, yeah, I mentioned that she knows me as SpaceTigger at the Fandom chats. Though I felt nervous and a little wierd telling her that..But I did..

STC001.jpg

And I finally bout that CD from Max that has all those fun Ferengi songs on it..I'm excited about re-listening to them. He performed them during the convention of course..

Jolene had to cancel at the last moment so Conner Trineer filled in!

It's hard to mention everything that happened of course but I can't imagine how this convention could be better. Patrick Stewart was very good on stage. I enjoyed seeing him and listening to him. Also when William Shatner was on stage Patrick popped in for a brief moment too. It was so cool seeing them both up there..

Well, I think I'll end my report there..This convention was very good for me as I was really depressed about the cancelling of Enterprise. Nothing like a Trek convention to renew my faith in Star Trek. There are certainly many, many fans of Trek that feel just like I do..

STC004A.jpg

Sounds fantastic, I'd love to see more photos though. Glad to hear you got your photo with Nana.

Welcome back Spacetigger!

Thanks so much for sharing, I just have to find a way to go next year

347469[/snapback]

And next year is the 40th anniversay of Star Trek so you know the convention will be special..I need to go!

Looks like you had an incredible time, Mike. I'm really glad you got to meet so many of the stars. Welcome back! :rolleyes: