Sign in to follow this  
Data

Has anybody noticed?

I used to come here and be overwhelmed with posts. Now I can read most of them in the time I spend here. Could it have to do with Enterprise being cancelled and the lack of movies?

I think it depends on the day of the week and the time of year really.

Now that the weather is improving, people are outside or doing chores outside instead or relaxing inside staying warm.

I've been noticing the same thing. The posts in here are way down. Perhaps we need more interesting threads? The same ones keep popping up ad nauseum.

It this time of the year. There are members that really busy with there life and others are in school. The posting will pick in the summer.

Edited by Odie

I looked for but could not find VBG's thread with posting statistics to prove it but yeah, we've had slumps before. Today postings are up from the last few days; this morning I found nearly two full pages of new ones. :laugh:

Yeah, I've noticed. Usually then I get back here after the weekend, it's about 7 pages of new posts. But recently it has only been 3 pages of new posts on Mondays since Fridays!

:laugh:

I can only speak for myself, because I know that I don't post as much as I used to.........Yes we have had slumps here before. But I also think some of this may be due to some of the retaliations, and bickering that happen when members have disagreed or had different view points. Sometimes ugly things are said, and some members or guest may feel it isn't worth responding or getting involved.

Definately noticed a slump here. I posted once really early before I went to work(so around 4:30am) on one day and came back online around 2pm and it was still there as one of the most recent posts.

gotta love gotabite - too true, mon dieu!!! and thank you gotabite, for having such candor - i have been busy with my finals, but have also been disheartened by the way some members respond to others - between admonishing PMs, bickering posts, and downright prejudice expressed by some members, i really haven't felt like coming around - i think it sucks, really...

you know why?

as i write this, i KNOW that this post will be read, and i'll be told i'm the one with this problem, or that my attitude is poor, or that i should burn in hell for being...ahem - wonder why the posts are down? because STF.net ISN'T for all Trek fans, and some of us are really beginning to feel it... B)

I have notice a slight slow down. But when I do log off from the site at night and when I log back on in the morning there is at least 2 to 3 pages. For me that is normal. While since I got back to the states.

I can only speak for myself, because I know that I don't post as much as I used to.........Yes we have had slumps here before.  But I also think some of this may be due to some of the retaliations, and bickering that  happen when members have disagreed or had different view points.  Sometimes ugly things are said, and some members or guest may feel it isn't worth responding or  getting involved.

321178[/snapback]

-wonders if this is why Gotabite is leaving the site.- :yahoo:

I agree with Odie in that it is the time of year. My posting slacked off sometime in Janurary because I got so busy with school and I am only just now picking it up again. I do not know about others on this site still in school, but I always find third quarter an extremely stressful and busy time, and now that it is May, finals are coming up in a few weeks. AP exams are going on at my school right now. I am not too worried. It will probably pick up again.

I post as much as I can! I always have something to say, even though most of it will not make sense and/or will be in an unknown language.

the thing is with new star trek ending after 3 more shows, there really wont be any new star trek related canon to debate about..

for example, i remember throughout enterprise, after a show i would jump on the forums and put in my vote and post something interesting i saw... additional posts in forums would then have to do with how a certain episode affected the overall canon of star trek... i can remember debates on how the frozen borg found in antartica would affect canon in the 24th century... or when we all tried to predict teh outcome of the xindi crisis.. or when we tried to figure out why klingons in the 22nd century had ridges and the 23rd didnt (later solved)

point is.. with enterprise gone.. will there be anything new to talk about that is ST related? i guess we can go into books, but i think thats a whole different website/forum entirely..

After TOS ended, we had plenty to talk about for about 10 years with only 79 episodes to draw upon.

the thing is with new star trek ending after 3 more shows,  there really wont be any new star trek related canon to debate about..

Maybe so, but there is always continued old debate. Not to mention digging up older episodes to discuss, kind of a "hey, remember when??" thing.

I invite everyone to look back into the archives for topics never posted on and add your opinion, that can sometimes revive topics leading to pages & pages of new posts. If an old post you're looking at has spoilers that don't work PM any Mod or myself with the thread address and a request to fix them and I'll be glad to.

I've been considering doing a series of threads devoted to all episodes we haven't hashed over yet, there must be dozens and dozens of lesser episodes we haven't discussed the merits of yet... if you want to help, pick an episode title and do a search for it in the appropriate forum; if you don't get topic results for it then start one. :naughty:

I am maybe a little different. as i never had a computer before i

got this one about 18 months ago and it was used i have at 45 my age then

have taught myself all i know which is not alot. i learn as i go.

and as i learn i expand checking out other things on the web. in the process i got and got rid of a virus. buy totalt deleting and erasing everything and starting over

What i do not know could fill a libary.

What i am saying is as you expand your knowlage you explore.

But with me STF is at the top of my favorites list.

I invite everyone to look back into the archives for topics never posted on and add your opinion, that can sometimes revive topics leading to pages & pages of new posts.

Just don't revive the Farts thread.......that one was BAD !......lol

After TOS ended, we had plenty to talk about for about 10 years with only 79 episodes to draw upon.

322791[/snapback]

:naughty: Thats true. But the main thing we talked about was getting our Trek back.

I invite everyone to look back into the archives for topics never posted on and add your opinion, that can sometimes revive topics leading to pages & pages of new posts. If an old post you're looking at has spoilers that don't work PM any Mod or myself with the thread address and a request to fix them and I'll be glad to.

hmmm, I gotta find one I have NOT posted in... that may be more difficult that it originally looks. :rofl: Ok, ok.. I will be serious, I promise. In all honesty I may just do that, because looking through my old posts via my profile... I have had a change of opinions on a few things over my two years here. Lots of things have gone on in my life over the last two years, heck even in the last oh... say ten months.