Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Star Trek Enterprise Banner Contest

May 9th - May 15th has been chosen to be the STARTREKFANS.NET Enterprise Celebration Week. During the week there will be many things happening to celebrate Star Trek Enterprise. As part of these festivities we will be having an Enterprise banner contest. These banners will be displayed on the boards during the week. All submissions will need to be entered by no later than 11:59 pm ET on May 8th. The entries will then be voted on by the members and the winner will be announced during a special chat at the end of the week. Of course there are a few rules to make sure that the contest is fair and fun for everyone.

-- Only one banner entry will be permitted per member.

-- The STARTREKFANS.NET name must be displayed prominantly in the banner.

-- The banner cannot include any advertisements for any other websites.

-- All banners must be ENTERPRISE themed.

-- Banners cannot contain any sexually suggestive content.

I hope that everyone will participate and help us to celebrate Star Trek Enterprise.

When you say sexually suggestive does that mean no Orions

320825[/snapback]

I don't think that pics of the orions would be a problem as long as it is done tastefully. If anyone wants to make on and they are not sure if it would violate the rules feel free to send it to me or one of the other mods via PM and we will make the judgement for you.

The intent of the sexually explicit rule was to stop the pics of love scenes and scenes where the cast were removing their clothes.

Tried to open the Banner Template .psd but I have PaintShop Pro ver.5 and it gave me an 'unsupported layers' error.

Can you tell me the size of your banners? ex: 300 x 200 pixels

Edited by fiero84

Tried to open the Banner Template .psd but I have PaintShop Pro ver.5 and it gave me an 'unsupported layers' error.

Can you tell me the size of your banners? ex: 300 x 200 pixels

320853[/snapback]

The banner is 712 x 114 pixels. Here are links to the banner components in a jpg format:

Template Background

Template Logo (you'll have to re-size the logo to approximately 624 x 44 pixels)

I've updated the .psd format file so it might work now for you.

Here ya' go...

To save on bandwidth...

320865[/snapback]

Great job, Anslem!

Now's the time to make and submit your Enterprise Banner for the contest. :naughty: I'm looking forward to seeing lots of Enterprise banners in rotation at the top of our board next week.. :laugh:

I forgot to make one. Well it does only take me an hour or two. Maybe I'll start tomorrow. Or maybe I'll try to figure out how to use the Photoshop that I never knew I had...

i made a banner for the contest. i'm having a hard time posting it. any help would be appreciated...

tm :rofl:

You should be able to upload it using the board features (the "add attachments" part of the reply) if the banner is a jpg or gif file.

If that doesn't work, you can email the jpg or gif file to me and I can host it and post it for you. My email address is takara_soong@startrekfans.net

i think i finally got my banner to work. this is my first banner ever and i'm proud of my work. it is the first of many to come..

Click For Spoiler
entbanner2c.jpg

tm :rofl:

Edited by stvoyagerfan21

Alrighty...

I'm not happy with it at all, but I had little time and resources. :rofl:

Click For Spoiler