Sign in to follow this  
Esther

Suspended Animation

Sounds interesting. But it raises some interesting questions. Would it only be used for medical and space travel, or could wealthy people use it for themselves. Also, imagine going to sleep for what seems like a nap, only to wake up and find that all your loved ones are old and possibly dead.

That's great! One step closer to my being cryo-frozen and awakended in the future!

I lost the only person that I would have bee gutted over losing, freeze me now I say.

Sounds interesting.  But it raises some interesting questions.  Would it only be used for medical and space travel, or could wealthy people use it for themselves.  Also, imagine going to sleep for what seems like a nap, only to wake up and find that all your loved ones are old and possibly dead.

320624[/snapback]

I agree that waking up far beyond when you expected to could be sad and shocking. There was an TNG episode where three people were rescued and revived after being put in some kind of suspension. They were from the past and everyone they knew was gone and society had completely changed.

You would do it but what about the people in the future? You would be of absolute no use to them. You would just end up on whatever welfare system they had.

You would do it but what about the people in the future? You would be of absolute no use to them. You would just end up on whatever welfare system they had.

320767[/snapback]

Unless earth was part of something like the federation, or you could just be a delivery boy like Fry :dude:

Sounds interesting.  But it raises some interesting questions.  Would it only be used for medical and space travel, or could wealthy people use it for themselves.  Also, imagine going to sleep for what seems like a nap, only to wake up and find that all your loved ones are old and possibly dead.

320624[/snapback]

I agree that waking up far beyond when you expected to could be sad and shocking. There was an TNG episode where three people were rescued and revived after being put in some kind of suspension. They were from the past and everyone they knew was gone and society had completely changed.

320674[/snapback]

That is exactly why I want to live in the future.