Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How Would You Rate "In A Mirror Darkly, Part I"

How do you rate "In A Mirror Darkly" Part I?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate "In A Mirror Darkly" Part I?

Click For Spoiler
9.5, if not for some things I didn't understand, like why Cochrane shot the vulcan and why the USS Defiant was a bit behind its time while in the mirror universe.

:dude:

Highly exceeded my - to be honest, somewhat low - expectations. From the very second tonight's episode started I was hooked. I'm very pleased that once again this show has taken me by surprise. Bravo, bravo! Castmembers, feel free to take a second curtain call.

Click For Spoiler
Loved the fact that the first casualty they happened on was a red shirt.

Ick, what they did to Tucker!

Edited by Ace

Agree with surprise at

Click For Spoiler
Cochrane killing the Vulcan.
Also on another thread, someone mentioned why Picard did not intervene in this timeline, which is a good question. I loved the uniforms, especially T'Pol's and Hoshis :dude: And is Hoshi's name in this universe just the first two letters of her first name, if you know what I mean? :dude: All the characters are wonderfully and evilly skewed. It was awesone to see the the TOS ship and see the bridge get lit up. Excellent 9.5. Can't wait to see what they do in part 2. Amazing work by the cast and fantastic sets. The opening blew me (and you know who) away. The theme was awesome! Encore! :dude::bow::bow::bow: Edited by Ace

I missed it tonight because of work, but the good news is that I'm off Sunday when they replay it on my local UPN station.

Agree with surprise at
Click For Spoiler
Cochrane killing the Vulcan.
Also on another thread, someone mentioned why Picard did not intervene in this timeline, which is a good question.  I loved the uniforms, especially T'Pol's and Hoshis  :dude: And is Hoshi's name in this universe just the first two letters of her first name, if you know what I mean? :dude:  All the characters are wonderfully and evilly skewed.  It was awesone to see the the TOS ship and see the bridge get lit up.  Excellent 9.5.  Can't wait to see what they do in part 2.  Amazing work by the cast and fantastic sets.  The opening blew me (and you know who) away.  The theme was awesome! Encore!   :dude:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

320445[/snapback]

I agree whole heartedly but sadly I have to say it's bitter sweet to know that these are the final shows and finally getting just a glimpse into the Star Trek universe that many of us first encountered.

Click For Spoiler
9.5, if not for some things I didn't understand, like why Cochrane shot the vulcan and why the USS Defiant was a bit behind its time while in the mirror universe.

320434[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The U.S.S. Defiant is from 2268, and a different timeline.
post-812-1095566621.gif

Click For Spoiler

320434[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The U.S.S. Defiant is from 2268, and a different timeline.
post-812-1095566621.gif

320461[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
But all the other mirror universe things happen at the exact time as the regular universe. The USS Defiant went missing in a TOS episode, which I doubt would be happening at the same time as when this episode took place.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9. From start to finish I was hooked. I loved the way they used footage from first contact and I really think the theme song should have been like that from the start. IMHO The only reason I did not give it a 10 was because I have to wait a whole week to see what happens.

Hmm, feel asleep after about five minutes (VCR wasn't set correctly) and I'm guessing since it's about to be cancelled I won't be seeing a rerun. Do you know any site that gives a synopsis of what happened so I can watch part II next week?

Excellent episode. Another example of the quality that Enterprise has achieved. Sadly, this great series has been prematurely cancelled just when its getting great.

Click For Spoiler

320434[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I bet the cast must have had a great time filming these two episodes. Their characters were all so different...

Click For Spoiler

I'm really looking forward to watching this again on Sunday on Space and I can hardly wait for Part 2 next week.

UH, I'll see if I can find a good synopsis for you however if you are interested I can get you a link or two to sites where you can download the episode if you would rather watch it instead.

Click For Spoiler
At first I thought I was catching the tale end of First Contact the movie. It wasn't until Cochran blew that Vulcan away that I knew I was watching Enterprise, and then I said "Damn! That was unexpected!" Then they had the alternate credits which, again, was very creative.

But think of it. Had the Borg not attempted to interfere with First Contact then Riker, Troi, and LaForge would not have been able to tell Cochran - who always was a bit paranoid - that the Vulcans were good guys.

So the natural state of things could very well have been that Cochran blows the Vulcan away, thus starting the "mirror universe" as a spinoff from our universe.

But if that *is* the natural state of things then... WE ARE THE MIRROR UNIVERSE!!! and the entire "normal" Trek universe was never supposed to happen.

I actually kindof like that theory, Van Roy. :dude:

I taped it and watched it today. Fun episode. I'll give it an 8. I too thought one of the biggest detractors was Bakula's acting. I also didn't care for the special opening sequence.

Click For Spoiler

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

I gave this episode a 9. :dude:

It held my attention to the very end.

I can't wait til the second part. :dude:

If part one is any indication of what a good episode should be then part two should be AWESOME!!!!! :dude::bow::bow: :bow:

A TOS fangirl's dream. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed this episode more than any other this season, and I've enjoyed the others quite a bit. Sorry, I like him usually but Bakula overacted. :dude: That's a shame. He just seemed a little much.

When they take her light out from under that bushel, Linda Park is prettier than Jolene Blalock. Amazing. Loved the Tholian/Defiant tie in. Clever.

Click For Spoiler
WOW. I am highly disturbed about it since it should have offended my sensibilities, but MU Trip and T'Pol were hot....in a perverse and disturbed way, but hot nonetheless. :P They've got it going on in any universe. Also, is it my imagination, or did MU Trip seemed more bitter than just plain evil? The way he was leering at T'Pol whilst talking about "doing her a favor with her Pon Farr" was disturbingly wicked. Heh. :bow:

:dude::bow::bow: :( :) :dude:

I have never much cared for these mirror universe episodes, except for Mirror, Mirror in TOS, so I was expecting to not like this epsiode.

Click For Spoiler

Well done episode. I give it a 9.

I gave it a 10. At first I was surprised by...

Click For Spoiler
Cochrane shooting the Vulcan

but then it occured to me that...

Click For Spoiler
in the alternate universe, Picard and the Borg may not have gone to Earth then.

I especially liked...

Click For Spoiler
the new opening credits!!! Brilliant!!!

:dude: What an awesome episode. I loved it and I didn't want it to end..I had to give it a 10.

Click For Spoiler

Can't wait for next week..

I gave it a ten. Next week should be really great, but whats even better is how much UPN dished out for the two episodes... I love pay back!!!

I thought the episode was a bit weak. I don't really like how two of the last episodes are on a completely different ship and dimension.

Click For Spoiler
And the last episode is going to be a holodeck program.
I think the series is getting a bad deal in it's final days.

T'Pol+long hair+mirror universe uniform=very sexy

All in all, I adored it. But I gave it a 9.5 because there was one ity bity thing that confused me.

Click For Spoiler
How'd they get the cloak? I thoght the mirror universe didn't get cloaking devices until Rom and Quark brought one over.

Click For Spoiler
it's a suliban cloaking device. I'm guessing they attacked a suliban ship and stole their cloaking device

T'Pol+long hair+mirror universe uniform=very sexy

All in all, I adored it.  But I gave it a 9.5 because there was one ity bity thing that confused me.

Click For Spoiler

320728[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

Click For Spoiler
well, this is what memory alpha says:
The possibility of divergent mirror universes has also been considered by fans -- to explain costume and effects inconsistencies in the structure of the mirror universe. In "Through the Looking Glass", we saw Alliance ships de-cloaking, and in "The Emperor's New Cloak" the Alliance didn't have a cloaking device. In "Mirror, Mirror", when Kirk enters the turbo-lift with mirror-Chekov, the younger officer is seen wearing a gold sash, but when they're actually in the lift the sash is absent. When they leave the lift and Kirk gets ambushed, the sash is back!

Click For Spoiler

320770[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9.5, I'm watching it right now. I just love the dark aspect of all the characters and also one thing...

Click For Spoiler
Porthos as a rottweiler freaked me out!

Sign in to follow this