Sign in to follow this  
Crazy-Trek-Kitten

Are you a T.F.P?

Are you a Trek Fan in Public?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Trek Fan in Public?

• Yeah I am always flashing the \\//> sign.
    • I wear my Uniforms to Work/School.
    • I quote things.
    • All of the above
    • I am a closet Trek fan.
    • Other I will post.

I would have to say all of teh above. But not as much flashing the \\//>. I flash the love sign ( \M/_ ) a lot more. :nono: And today I am wearing on of my star trek outfits. Ok it was a halloween costum one not the $100'S one. Ha ha. But hay it still looks sweet!!! :yahoo: . Well got to post on one more thing before I have go to my next class. Peace.

I don't have a costume to wear and no one ever approaches me on that subject, but if they did ask, I wouldn't deny it at all. My family, however, knows I'm a Trek fan and make fun of me and my love for Trek, but I'm not ashamed. They just tease, it's not hateful remarks.

I don't wear uniforms but I do have quite a few t-shirts that I wear all the time. I've got a Starfleet Academy shirt, a Borg recruitment shirt, a NX-01 shirt, a Soong A.I. shirt and a TNG hoodie.

I just flash the \\//. I don't own much on Star Trek. I might someday get a uniform, but right now my Navy uniforms will for me.

I don't even have a Trek t-shirt and I want one. There hasn't been any conventions that I know of in Georgia so I haven't had the chance to get one there

Edited by Gamera

I don't go around wearing Trek stuff but I don't hide the fact that I'm a Trek fan. I freely discuss Trek with anyone.

I wear my TNG red-shirt shirt to school, and I always wear my Bajoran comm badge to work. If I hadn't lost the back to the rank pin I'd wear that too.

I don't even have a Trek t-shirt and I want one.  There hasn't been  any conventions that I know of in Georgia so I haven't had the chance to get one there

320029[/snapback]

The t-shirts I have I ordered online at Star Trek: The Experience and st.com websites. They have a big selection.

Yeah I am always flashing the \\//> sign.

I wear my Uniforms to Work/School.

I quote things.

Nope. I watch Star Trek and enjoy it (for the most part).

I have bought action figures, soundtracks, videos, keyrings, models and a few Trek toys.

I would not wear a Star Trek uniform in private or in public and would not wear a Star Trek t-shirt.

Trek Stuff I have is just the films "1-10" a few technical guides about Enterprise ("Kirk's Ship")Scotty's Tech manual /a Trek Chronology "The History Of The Future"-The Distant Past-The Twentieth Century-The Twenty-First Century-The Twenty-Second Century-The Twenty-Third Century ST:TOS ("2266-2293")The Twenty-Fourth-Century

ST:TNG ("2364-2368")at least the time the book came out

The Far Future

The ST:Encyclopedia:A Reference Guide To The Future.

"TOS"-"TNG"-"DS9" and all VI Trek films (Pre TNG Films)

a Model of Enterprise-D the saucer section separates from the ship and easy to reconnect it again and ST cards covering the first 4 series and all the trek films except Nem.

and not many people ask me about trek in Public but if it came up I'd speak with them about it.

:yahoo::nono::eek::eek:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I guess I qualify as a closeted Trek fan... :yahoo:

I don't hide that I like the show; I just don't volunteer the info to anyone but really close friends. When asked, I don't deny it.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I am a public Star Trek fan. Everyone I know and work with realizes that and it is no big deal to anybody. It's just another pastime. Look at it this way; instead of going around wearing football or baseball jerseys like lots of people do, I wear Star Trek shirts. What's the diff? There isn't that many days out of the week that I don't wear a Trek shirt to work..I have lots of them.. I've also been known to flash the Vulcan Peace Sign on occasion! And I even have 3 uniform shirts. Been trying to decide which one to wear to that convention in August..

Everyone knows me as a big Star Trek fan... could be I speak some Klingon, could be I have a uniform, or it could be that I am right now working with a friend to make a true clue LCARS OS. Also, lets just say that it was a bad idea for me to use it in almost every project I had back in 1st grade.

i'm always flashing the \\//, sign! Also, i quote things, and give information to people about ST. It's funny, because at my school, only 1 kid might know more about ST than me.

I quote Trek a lot. Most people who are friends, relatives or department co-workers know I like Star Trek. I used to go to conventions in Chicago a lot and have a T-shirt and sweat shirt. I would not wear them to work cause it would not fit in with dress code. One of my favorite sayings is that I can relate everything to either Star Trek :nono: or the referendum (a library building referendum effort that took three tries to pass). :yahoo:

i am totally a public star trek fan. my dj name for the school radio station was trekkie and people would call me that and i've worn my t-shirts at least once a week and i wore my uniform shirt to school once on halloween. i made the front page of a local paper once because i stood in the rain for two hours to see shatner while wearing my one shirt. i've flashed the sign. i've told strangers about being a fan. i've told my college professors i've written papers. i feel fortunate in that i know several people that i can talk trek and other sci fi related topics. so i've very public about my fandom.

tm :yahoo:

Edited by stvoyagerfan21

I flash \\// and quote star trek. I would like to wear Trek clothes too but I don't own any.

Most of my projects are linked some way to Star Trek within research. I am always on here at college. At school I made up a dance to "Star Trekkin'" and I got everyone to join in! I flash the \\// sign all the time, most of my lecturers find it funny.

Public Fan.

My Starfleet Academy Tshirt is almost worn out. as is the hat that goes with

it. Its no secret to my friends i am a true trek fan. From my books To my

Action figures, And my 25th ann. collecters plate. hung proudly on my wall over the entertainment center.

I chose other because "Trek" doesn't define me, I define myself by the variety of interests that I have.

If anything, I think the way I think about the future, about today, about yesterday, is based on the Star Trek philosophy of striving for the best, setting an example for the best, and learning from errors/mistakes to have a better future.

For me this is a lasting way to carry the way Trek has influenced me.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Actually, yesterday I ordered matching Mirror Universe shirts for both my son and myself. I don't know whether I'll wear it out in public or now, but we'll see.

Actually, yesterday I ordered matching Mirror Universe shirts for both my son and myself. I don't know whether I'll wear it out in public or now, but we'll see.

320922[/snapback]

That is kick *buttocks* and sweet!!!!! :laugh:

I'm never ashamed to wear my TOS cast T-shirt. Before we got a car I would always proudly read my Trek novels on the bus. We've dressed up for conventions before, it's fun.

I quote Stuff

for Example at Bowling when I get a Split I scream

KHaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!

321268[/snapback]

SpitLaugh.gifLaughChair.gifFunny%20Above.gif

(I laughed so much at that I opened my EmotiPad special to get those smilies.Hugesmile.gif)

I quote Stuff

for Example at Bowling when I get a Split I scream

KHaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!

321268[/snapback]

LOL Kick *buttocks*!!!! One of my friends who lives in the other side of the country she once ran down the halls of her school screaming KHAN and shackign there fist at people faces. ha ha. and I randomly yell KHAN at times. HE HE.

I voted for; All of the above! Meaning I do sometimes wear Starfleet uniform a t work, I flash the Vulcan sign, and qoutes stuff! + some other things!

:laugh: