Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

March 8th, 2003

Sounds like someone likes having fun with peoples minds! (the site's author)

There are some big blunders:

I began doing research on the net, looking for clues, desperately trying to find anything that could explain the images in the photos. I used key words in the search engine - words that exactly described the images. That's when all hell broke loose. After a few minutes the cursor suddenly started moving by itself, followed by a 'whirring' noise from the hard-disk. I froze with anticipation and by the time I thought to unplug the phone line it had stopped. I had never experienced anything like this before, but I'd been told by a friend that if the cursor ever moved by itself and there was a 'whirring' from the hard-drive, they were the sure signs that indicated someone was hacking into my computer. I picked up the handset to phone my friend. I wanted to tell him what had just happened. My eyes bugged with surprise as I heard a 'clicking' sound. Someone was tapping my phone. My gut feeling told me to get the hell out of the house.

When someone is hacking into your computer there is no 'whirring' sound and the cursor doesn't move by itself.

People search for the wierdest stuff on search engines all the time. Those particular words are probably searched for multiple times every day. No one takes notice!

Also, if anyone can track you down by what you type in a search engine, they could certainly track down who put up this web site!

It isn't even a cleanly-written (and much less believeable) hoax.

Also, the amount of time he is 'waiting' to post these photos he could probably digitally image whatever the heck he feels like making.

Yeah xeroc, you are probably right but check this out, ever since I visited that site yesterday (03/07/03) and as a result created this post, I too have been experiencing strange things beyond the scope of normal everyday anomalisms I experience with my pc. :D ?

Wait - it is March 14th and there still isn't anything on the linked sites!

It looks like someone forgot to post something!

:D

That's really cheesy!

I bet the "mountain sub" site is by the same person or a friend!

That is sooo bad! Not even entertaining! Those pictures are crap! C'mon Any recent movie could kick butt on that! Even TOS had better special effects!!! That site stinks!!!

I guess that's what you get for actually looking at those sites!

I had a feeling that would have been the case alterego. Congrats on all your promotions. Have you ever met any startrek cast members?

Yes, I've met Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Troi, Worf, Wesly and Odo.

That's really cheesy!

I bet the "mountain sub" site is by the same person or a friend!

That is sooo bad!  Not even entertaining!  Those pictures are crap!  C'mon Any recent movie could kick butt on that!  Even TOS had better special effects!!!  That site stinks!!!

I guess that's what you get for actually looking at those sites!

Ok. I get it! I just posted the link I did not create the site, calm down. Gheesse.