Sign in to follow this  
Trekie11

Favorite thing about TNG?

I did like how the cast from TOS would show up in TNG every now and then, they are on the greatest episode of the series. I can't think of a bad episode that one of the TOS cast was on.

My favourite thing was always the relaxed luxurious feel to the Enterprise, coupled with the warm relationship of the characters and the bright vibrant clean feel.

What I really like about TNG is the characters. At once I had gotten the impression that each and every one of them has their own interesting background story, and one can get attached enough to these characters to actually feel upset if something bad happens to them. Not many shows have that effect on me.

Another thing I enjoy about TNG is the dialogue. It's written and delivered in a powerful, convincing way. The scripts are usually excellent, or very good at least.

The thing that made TNG so special for me was the crew.

I loved the way the characters interacted, the way they solved problems as a team, the humor they had.

I enjoyed watching friendships develop, when they started out most of them were just colleagues but by the end they were true friends who would give their lives for each other not just because it was their duty but because they truly cared about each other.

The TNG crew really did become like family not just with each other but I feel the writers made the viewer feel part of the family too. Just excellent.