Sign in to follow this  
Trekie11

Favorite thing about TNG?

The best thing I like about TNG is that it restarted the Trek franchise and paved the way for the best post-TOS series.....DS9!!!

For me it's the characters. I enjoy the episodes from the first two seasons but it wasn't until season 3 when they really started to explore the personalities and relationships of the crew that it really hit its mark.

That bald guy in the captain's chair... :yahoo:

Oh, and the characters (except for Beverly and a few other women, that is :nono: ) and the stories as well, of course. :eek:

I loved The Ship

Chicks dig the Ship

319885[/snapback]

:nono:

We do?

:yahoo::eek:

When TNG was on, I liked the idea of the holodecks, of seeing much more of the ship than we saw on TOS.

The characters were more fully developed too.

I just liked that series the best, too much to list really.

The Ship itself way more Streamlined than the Original the Holodecks- the Technology advanced since TOS the Action- the stories- the Characters-special effects- the Crew of Enterprise-D and of course "Q" making appearances throughout the Series and once on "DS9" and twice on "Voyager".

:yahoo::nono::eek::eek:

The golden android of my dreams that sat in one of chairs on the bridge that was my favorite thing about the TNG.

What I liked about TNG: the characters, the storylines were pretty much always entertaining, the fact that a whole new generation of us got hooked on the Trek franchise. I watched TOS in reruns, but it was TNG that made me a fan.

And then of course, like Odie mentioned. A certain Second Officer we all know, and a lot of us adore :yahoo: .

TNG also made me hook to Star Trek. The stories where very good and character well developed.

There are lots of favorite things about TNG. The characteres were generally all very interesting and the seven seasons allowed a good deal of character development and exploration to take place. The stories were usually very interesting and thought provoking and the regular use of both an A and a B storyline gave more opportunity for different storylines. The use of two-part stories extended the depth of stories told. The special effects were very good. There were some great guests and some great recurring characters like Q, K'Elhelr, Gowron and Mrs. Troi. TNG was not just a great science fiction show, it was a great television show!

the humor especially when it involved data. but most of all the characters relationships with each other.

tm :yahoo:

Edited by stvoyagerfan21

madame Butterfly, The holodeck was my least Favorite part of the Series, I alway thought they ran out of good Ideas When they based an Episode on the Holodeck, if it failed as many times as it did in the series, I dont understand how anyone with a logical Mind would use them

But I loved the Ship from the 1st episode when I saw the Seperation, I was like this is gonna be cool

I never liked the Enterprise-D. I thought the saucer section was way too big compared to the rest of the ship. I think the Enterprise-E is a much better looking ship.

I love the stories and characters. Besides DS9, this series has the best character interaction and thoughtful stories. It touches all emotions, sometimes I laugh hard and sometimes I tear up. Great stuff.

I could care less about the ship, it's nice to look at, but it's not the reason I watch any Trek series.

I do, however, like the holodeck. Some of the funniest/great episodes involve the holodeck. "Elementary, Dear Data" just to name one.

I can't think of the name but I also like the holodeck episode when Reg Barclay spends all of his time in the holodeck and has characters based on the ones he knows. Really funny! :yahoo:

I can't think of the name but I also like the holodeck episode when Reg Barclay spends all of his time in the holodeck and has characters based on the ones he knows. Really funny! :yahoo:

320158[/snapback]

I know we all laughed at that episode with Reg, but in actuality, most of us if we had access to a holodeck, would do exactly the same thing he did..lol

There were some great guests and some great recurring characters like Q, K'Elhelr, Gowron and Mrs. Troi. TNG was not just a great science fiction show, it was a great television show!

:yahoo::eek::nono:

YES!!

madame Butterfly, The holodeck was my least Favorite part of the Series, I alway thought they ran out of good Ideas When they based an Episode on the Holodeck, if it failed as many times as it did in the series, I dont understand how anyone with a logical Mind would use them

But I loved the Ship from the 1st episode when I saw the Seperation, I was like this is gonna be cool

320141[/snapback]

Actually, I liked the holodeck.

It was a way to "go places" that the ship couldn't take you to itself.

Whether if it was to explore places in the universe you've always dreamt of visiting, or simply being able to go back home when passing an important date in your past.

I think the holodecks must be essential to moral on the ship.

I agree The Enterprise E is the Best Ship, But D looked alot better then any ship they had in the Original Series Movies.

TNG came out at the right time in my life. It is very hard for me to explain, but I will try. Being a dyslexic I was sometimes the only one in any mainstream class in high school who had it. When the other students in the class find out that I went to different room to take my tests it singled me out and was teased about it. I never liked it. When I saw Data I found that I had something in common with him. We both wanted to be something that we are not born to be. Data wanted to be human. I just wanted to be normal non-dyslexic person. If someone asked me when I was a small child how I felt about being dyslexic I could easily tell them I hated it and I just wanted to be a normal person. I have since accepted that I have dyslexia, and no matter how much I wish I still had to face it every single day of my life. TNG had help me to except that part of my life.

Edited by Odie

I guess it could be said about any of the characters, but I can agree I could identify with Data. I was always a bit of an oddball, at least in others' opinions. I could definately identify with the not fitting in, though I pretty much did nothing to try and fit in with the groups/cliques at school(I did not go out of my way to be different either, just was myself. ). He also was in the field of science, which has been a major interest of mine forever. Add to the fact that he is an ideal, and attractive guy.. and there you have why I liked him for all these years.

Another thing I liked about TNG was that the women were often times shown as strong characters... true, they could fall back and be pretty whiny, but more often than not were strong in one way or another.

Do you remember when Dr. Crusher pamper herself. Yeah, I need to do that before the deployment. :yahoo:

For me it was the characters. They were the crew that brought me into the Trek family and therefore it will always have a special place for me. It was a wonderful cast and there were alot of issues that were addressed that we see in our own time now. TNG is what introduced me to the future in which mankind had learned to work together towards a common goal and for the betterment of the of society instead of making every decision based on "What's in it for me?" theory.

The BORG! I think it was the first time that star trek dealt with the de-humanizing effects technology can have. Up to that point, technology was shown as humans' best friend, and what made everything in Star Trek possible. When the Best of Both Worlds aired, I remember thinking that this is the only race they've introduced that was so detached from humanity, unlike the other races, which were always a reflection of a certain aspect of us. Of course they strayed from that pretty quickly with Hugh, Seven, and the Borg Queen. But for a while it was cool to have a race that was an enemy of every being in the galaxy, and one that no one could reason or ally with.

Wasn't Seven an attempt to say that yeah tech can dehumanise you, if you are only ever surrounded by tech, but if you are surrounded by people you are going to have a humanising effect?

That bald guy in the captain's chair...  :laugh:

Oh, and the characters (except for Beverly and a few other women, that is :laugh: ) and the stories as well, of course.  :hug:

320033[/snapback]

:) You're funny.

I loved TNG for the writing. In fact, I think the writers were a large part of what made all the treks. The acting was top notch. Lastly, the sets were just fantastic.

I like the fact as well, that there was basically a crossover as well.. on the grounds that Scotty, McCoy, Spock and Sarek all appeared during the series (so a nod and continuation of TOS), as well as the fact that Bashir appeared(so a tie in to DS9, not to mention the fact that Worf went to the station). Then Janeway's brief appearance in Nemesis.. tying in VOY into the whole thing.

The idea of a Klingon in Starfleet

321063[/snapback]

I think I would have to agree with this aspect. I liked the fact that the Federation had 'evolved,'

that as they found new enemies and challenges, they also moved on to new and better relations with old enemies and rivals. Improved Klingon relations, to the point where Picard helped select the next head of the Klingon high council, and possiblity of improved relations with the Romulans

(Nemesis) was a real selling point to me. The Federation was not a static organization.

And I loved the characters!