Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Deployment

Very soon I will be going underway for a deployment, which will last for 6 month if I am lucky. <_< I am not sure about the internet connection while the ship is underway or the amount of time that I will be working. When I am in port I will inform everyone here how my life on ship has gone. I won't be able to tell when I am going underway until the day before I leave. I will miss this board, because everyone here has been kind to me.

Odie, have a safe deployment! Enjoy your cruise. Log on if you can, otherwise we look forward to hearing from you when you return. Take care!

Edited by trekz

Odie, I wish you well on your deployment, and will be praying for your safety.

Odie You have been kind as well.

You will be missed. :down:

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

May the oceans be calm and the mission safe.And you will be home soon.

<_< :angry: :angry:

Edited by Odo

I won't forget this site. I have too much fun here to forget.

I hope you enjoy your deployment, as well as that it is a safe one. Hope to see you around the boards, whenever you can stop by.

<_< Best of luck to you, Odie :angry:

Very soon I will be going underway for a deployment, which will last for 6 month if I am lucky.  :yahoo:  I am not sure about the internet connection while the ship is underway or the amount of time that I will be working.  When I am in port I will inform everyone here how my life on ship has gone.  I won't be able to tell when I am going underway until the day before I leave.  I will miss this board, because everyone here has been kind to me.

319466[/snapback]

If you end up staying out for longer than 6 months, I'll volunteer to come relieve one of your gunnery officers.

I hope not, but I am sure the ship won't mind another officer standing watch in CIC. At least some of those OS's would have to look up to you. :yahoo:

I hope not, but I am sure the ship won't mind another officer standing watch in CIC.  At least some of those OS's would have to look up to you.   :yahoo:

320051[/snapback]

Literally. though I must admit, I've never served on a ship that small (Hehe) before. Even my first command, the USS Georgia, was bigger than that Tin Can you're on. (The Georgia is about 50 feet longer and displaces almost TWICE what the JPJ does) And the Shiloh is a Ticonderoga class Cruiser, same displacement, but again, 50 feet longer...and more powerful. I'm a sucker for ships with alot of Hitting power. a pair of Five Inchers, two massive VLS systems, 8 Harpoon Missile launchers...or the Georgia, with it's 4 Torpedo Tubes and 24 missile tubes...Then again, compared to a Sub, a Destroyer could feel very roomy. even with 300+ crew aboard.

Edited by Jim Phaserman

I would take the tin can that I am on than the tight spaces of a sub anytime. :yahoo: But there is nothing like watching jet catapulting off from a flight deck when full load with missiles and coming back with none. I was station on the USS Harry S. Truman for 4 1/2 years. :nono:

I would take the tin can that I am on than the tight spaces of a sub anytime.  :yahoo:  But there is nothing like watching jet catapulting off from a flight deck when full load with missiles and coming back with none.  I was station on the USS Harry S. Truman for 4 1/2 years.  :nono:

320181[/snapback]

That is definately cool. about the only thing I remember that made the Sub worth while was going under the ice.

That is the only few things that I miss about carrier life. :yahoo:

If you cvan get mail and want a pen pal, I can send you my address. I have always enjoyed our chats and i can fill you in on stuff on the boards if you like as well.

If anyone who wants to mail me while I am underway just PM me.

Tomorrow I will no long be in San Diego. I will miss this board when I am underway. I would like to thank every for their support with break up with my ex. It means a lot and has help me a great deal. Everyone take care and be safe.

Edited by Odie