Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Allergy Season

I hate this time of year my allergies are going into overload today and i feel this is gonna be 2 weeks of H*ll for me cause it alwas is when everything starts budding

who else suffers with me

I know what your saying.

My allergies kicked into overdrive about a week ago.

And the older I get the worse they seem to get.

Mine have remained about the same for the past 3 years, Luckily I do not suffer from Asthman anymore, I did when I was in HS, but I was determined not to let it botherme, and kept up my athletics like Wrestling and Soccer and i think it helped me overcome iit

Sometimes they get so bad it looks like I have a cold. It is very annoying.

I'm allergic to dust and tree pollen, as well as some food allergies.

My allergies got better when I started doing yoga. Mostly it helped with the headaches and the under eye circles and yes, even the drainage.

I still have allergies, but they aren't nearly what they used to be.

I really hot shower helps a lot with the drainage with me. If I short term help I will have a cup of coffee. It works for a couple of hours for me.

I used to get killer sinus headaches too, but I only get them now if I don't do yoga.

For me it's helped on many levels.

I went for my first class in about 5 weeks though today. I felt like my thighs were on fire, but dang it if my headache wasn't gone within 30 minutes of the start of class. <_<

If only I have the time, which I won't until end of this year. You gotta love military life. <_< But I can get to see the WORLD! :angry:

Hey understand, I have family in the military!! <_<

Though I understand the YMCA is fantastic throughout San Diego, you should check it out. My sister in law loves it.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Hey understand, I have family in the military!! <_<

Though I understand the YMCA is fantastic throughout San Diego.

319449[/snapback]

I have been thinking of doing that, but won't happen until the end of the year. My life is on hold until at least November or December.

Edited by Odie

The worst time it happen for me is when I was giving a brief with my ship's CO on the bridge. Oh God, that was so embarrassing! <_< Lucky no one said anything about it.

Edited by Odie

I am not particularly sure if I have allergies to pollen per se. I know I have to go for testing on the grounds that I may have had asthma for a while(meaning not just adult onset).

Though the pollen gets pretty thick here, and I tend to get sinus headaches and a bit stuffy when that happens... so maybe.

Allergy wise.. I have a skin allergy to acetic acid(it is in things like vinegar, and another form of it is Vitamin E) and ammonia, betadine(I found this out the hard way.. when I came out of the operating room and where they had applied that on my throat and upper chest had broken out really bad and the skin peeled a few days later).

And I had a really bad reaction to allegra.

My only allergy is nikel- but i do tend to wear more jewellery in the summer so I get more rashes

My only allergy is nikel- but i do tend to wear more jewellery in the summer so I get more rashes

319821[/snapback]

I remember posting about that type of allergy on another thread.. That is another one I tend to forget about on the grounds that save for my earrings(which I will wear real gold or silver if at all possible or at least nickely free earrings) and a pendant on a silver chain. I really do not wear jewelry much. If I wear more, then I am sometimes reminded of that allergy when my skin changes color, peels or gets itchy.

I found out the hard way that I was allergic to sulfa medications. It was my freshman year in college. The reaction wasn't bad except I felt I had the flu, a truck ran me over, lowered my blood pressure, and my whole body had rash. It wasn't bad at all acording to the doctor. <_< This happen over Thanksgiving weekend. It took a month to get over the reaction.

319821[/snapback]

I remember posting about that type of allergy on another thread.. That is another one I tend to forget about on the grounds that save for my earrings(which I will wear real gold or silver if at all possible or at least nickely free earrings) and a pendant on a silver chain. I really do not wear jewelry much. If I wear more, then I am sometimes reminded of that allergy when my skin changes color, peels or gets itchy.

319861[/snapback]

My skin goes red and inflamed and breaks out in blisters. You know the buckle on Jeans? I have to paint that with nail-vanish or put a plaster over it; one time it made my stomach like lumpy, scabby, burning jelly...inpatigo... :yahoo:

I only have problems when its super-hot outside and theres a lot of pollen floating around. My eyes start watering then. Other than that, I'm ok.

This too is the worst time of year for me. I also believe this is going to be a long hot summer....which means bad air quality...not helping my situation. I take pills, shots......it's really rough. Winter is the only time I truly get relief. :yahoo:

With the Rain Finally Coming today it should help me by knocking alot of the Pollen out of the air?

319991[/snapback]

It usually does here. At least until it dries up, then that stuff is up in the air again and all over the cars, and everything else.

That is why winter is my favorite season!  :yahoo:

320056[/snapback]

I agree with that even if Alana hates it