Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

SPOT THE TREK STAR

Funny that you should mention Sherlock Holmes. The episode you're referring to was called The Six Napoleons from The Return of Sherlock Holmes. I just finished watching an episode called The Speckled Band from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and the villain in that episode was played by Jeremy Kemp who portrayed Robert Picard in the TNG episode Family. As well, the client who hired Holmes was played by Rosalyn Landor who played Brenna O'Dell in the TNG episode Up The Long Ladder.

To quote a certain positronic gent..'Intriguing'....I seem to recall Jeremy playing a German officer somewhere in his career...or do I misremember? Anyway...yes, I was going to add in the title of that particular Holmes installment, but forgot...thanks, Takara.

To quote a certain positronic gent..'Intriguing'....I seem to recall Jeremy playing a German officer somewhere in his career...or do I misremember? Anyway...yes, I was going to add in the title of that particular Holmes installment, but forgot...thanks, Takara.

Just checked at IMDB and Jeremy Kemp played Brigadier General Armin Von Roon in The Winds of War and its sequel War and Remembrance. Or if you are referring to him playing a German character in a Holmes adaptation, he played Baron von Leinsdorf in The Seven-Per-Cent Solution. The novel The Seven-Per-Cent Solution was written by Nicholas Meyer who is, of course, well known to Trek fans.

No, I was thinking about a conventional WW2 character....at any rate, Leland Orser-from the Voyager ep about the murderous hologram in early Season Four-has been guesting, as well as tonight, as a less-than-ethical reporter on ''24'' ....That's a curious connection between Jeremy and 'Seven Percent'....

BTW....I did go back, and look up the info in my copy of Voyager Companion-the character's name is 'Dejaren', and the episode is ''Revulsion''...must add full series database to my matrix....

Edited by Voyager recruit

One of the channels I can catch is airing early "Law And Order-SVU", a re-run of the whole series.

Some weeks ago, I saw Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) show up as an FBI investigator. The next day, Dr Fitzgerald (the doctor who was killed off in the first episode on Voyager) showed up as a worried parent.

Kieran MacDuff (Erich Anderson) did show up on an old "Without A Trace" episode some weeks ago too.

In an upcoming episode of The Mentalist (I believe it airs May 12) Clayton Rohner will be a guest. He played the young Admiral Mark Jameson in the TNG episode Too Short A Season.

In last week's episode Jack Kehler (Jaheel in the DS9 episode Babel) was a guest.

In an episode of NCIS that is set to air May 12, Jude Ciccolella (Commander Suran in ST:NEM) will portray Secretary of the Navy Phillip Davenport. Also with NCIS, on May 19, Michael Nouri (Arev, aka Syrran in the ENT episode The Forge) will be a guest.

I've just watched an episode of NCIS (current season but a bit after the US schedule) and who does show up if not our old Voyager favorite villain Seska (Martha Hackett) who played a female criminal convicted for murder.

Jeremy Roberts-known to Trekfans for his role as Science Officer Dimitri Valtane of the U.S.S. Excelsior-both of course in ST6, and his expanded, reprise Voyager guest-role, appears as a tattoo artist on 'Without A Trace'', tonight, on CBS...

Linda Park had a small role as a police computer geek on Tuesday's Law & Order: SVU episode Liberties.

Anton Yelchin (Chekov in Star Trek) plays Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation which opens this week.

In the new series Southland, Michael McGrady plays Detective Daniel Salinger. He played a Nausicaan Prisoner in the ENT episode Canamar. Also Emily Bergl who plays Tammi Bryant was Bethany in the ENT episode North Star and Patrick Fischler who plays Detective Kenny No-Gun played Mercer in the ENT episode Demons. In tonight's episode Sufe Bradshaw guests and she played a cadet alien in Star Trek.

In the season finale of Criminal Minds, the episode's "unsub" (I think his name was Lucas) was played by Paul Rae who was the bartender in the ENT episode North Star. Also the hotel clerk was played by Scott Lincoln who played a miner in the VOY episode Live Fast and Prosper.

I am pretty sure I saw Denise Crosby-sure thought I did-as the wife of a detective on ''Southland'' tonight...or was I wrong?..hmm...Takara? BTW, drat! I forgot Emily Bergl was on ''North Star'' on my other favorite, ENT....

I am pretty sure I saw Denise Crosby-sure thought I did-as the wife of a detective on ''Southland'' tonight...or was I wrong?..hmm...Takara?

There's nothing listed at IMDB about Denise Crosby on Southland. Her last credit was a New Voyages episode in 2008.

Jay Leno did one of his Jaywalking bits this week on the Tonight Show. The last part had him knocking on a door of a house to find some guys celebrating their graduation - from acting school. Jay says "Great - let's change this livnig room into the Bridge of StarTrek's Enterprise! Next thing you see everyone in uniforms with Jay as Captain Kirk in a overstuffed chair, - the sketch goes on and is fairly entertaining - then you hear a voice say "Get out of that chair Leno, that's my chair! " And William Shatner comes in, makes Jay get out of the chair - Jay wanders into the kitchen and starts eating. Shatner starts to give orders, then says, "Wait a minute, I'm not even in the new movie!" and he yells (I think) "JAAAAAAAAAYYY!" to end the sketch. Pretty funny!

Edited by trekz

I was watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night and Ronald Guttman, who played Gathra 'Gath' Laban in the VOY episode Prime Factors, had a very brief guest spot at the very beginning (before the opening credits).

If I may, it seems yours truly was indeed correct, about having seen Tasha Yar herself on last week's ''Southland''. I watched the repeat last Saturady night-and there it was, Denise Crosby-in the guest-credits...also saw it mentioned just tonight, which so reminded me, at another website....

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before but Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren, TNG) is on the HBO series True Blood. I know I mentioned before that John Billingsley is another Trek alum with a recurring role on the series. I see that Junie Lowry Johnson is one of the casting directors so it's no surprise that there are some Trek alum appearing in the series. For those who aren't familiar with Junie Lowry Johnson, she was involved with casting TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and three of the four TNG movies.

As I posted elsewhere, Bob Picardo, I read, may have a recurring role on a primetime series this fall..don't recall what, or where, if happens. Found the article via a Trekcore news page ref....

Been a long while since last I posted here, but I have seen various Trek-vet guest stars, some of which I recall by show...Raphael Sbarge('Michael Jonas(Traitor!!) on Voyager) was on ''Heroes'' last week as a Sheriff....Thomas Kopache(Enterprise-B officer and one of the survivors on Voyager's 'The Thaw'' on 'Numbers' this Fri, night, along with Leslie Silva, who played the daughter of Emory Erickson, the transporter's inventor....Molly Hagan('Eris' the first Vorta seen on DS9) played a doctor on 'Law and Order:SVU'.....Keith Sczarabazca(''Teero Anaydas' -Voyager's 'Repression') as a police commissh on ''Cold Case' Sun Oct.25...Steven Culp(''Major Hayes'' leader of the MACO team on 'Enterprise' Year Three) in the same ep as head of a rehab school for troubled teens..he also played on CSI:Miami the week before as the head of a food-corp implicated in two deaths...Tom Virtue(''Walter Baxter''-Voyager) on a show not certain of, or character....Gregg Henry(''Gallatin''-Insurrection) was on Numbers several weeks ago as head of an FBI tactical squad....okay, that oughta do it!! Whew!.......

Edited by Voyager recruit

Jonathan Frakes was on Criminal Minds last night. He played the father of the serial killer they were trying to capture. Turns out the father was a doctor who molested his daughter when she was a child, subjected her electro-shock therapy when she was 10 and was molesting other patients as well. Not a nice character.

Penny Johnson Jerald was on Bones tonight. She was playing an executive of an American company who was also dumping toxic waste in Mexico. Small part - she was a suspect in the death of the victim but wasn't the guilty party.

Kate mulgrew as an alcoholic white trash mother to a nurse (main character) in Mercy. Colm Meaney also had a guest spot at the beginning of the second episode.

Kate mulgrew will be playing Assistant U.S. Attorney Donna Geysen on Law & Order Special Victums Unit on the USA Network the episode will air on tuesday 1/19/10 at 8 am andthis episode is from 2006 so yaeh it's not new