Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Do You Like To Check Yourself Out?

Which Do You Prefer When You Go To The Store?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which Do You Prefer When You Go To The Store?

• Self-Check Out
    • Traditional Cashier Checking Me Out

Is this what you thought the topic was going to be about? :blink: Anyway, when you go to a store, to you like using self-check out or do you still have the cashier check it out? I like the self-check out, it’s faster and not many people there.

:blink: I thought, strange is this about checking yourself out in the mirror!! :lol:

I love self checkout.

Much faster if you ask me, and it's not so frustrating if you are in a hurry.

Since I have been away from the states for the last 3 years its still very, very new to me. :blink: It might use one of the at the end of the year when I have place of my own.

Traditional Check-Out for me. I've never tried the self-checkout but I'm afraid I would make mistakes doing it as I've seen others do..

Self Checkout, unless I have items like CDs or DVDs then I will go through the regular lanes(since they have the security strips that have to be deactivated).

I almost always use traditional checkout. Mu closest grocery store, which is very small, just tore out two checkout lanes to install self check out stations. They have a person there to help you, but I'd rather just be checked out.

When I go to a Store a Cashier checks out my items I bought for example the Anaconda collection set of both films and "Transformers" The Movie today.

:blink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like to go threw the casher. It always seems when I try to go with the self help something wrong happens and it seems I spend more time waiting for the casher in charge to fix it than if I would have just gone threw the line in the first place.

i hate getting behind peopl who can not use the Self Checkout

ugh you should be technological Savy to use them, and get a liscense

It definitely seems easier for some than the others.

As much as I enjoy self check, there is one store that I refuse to use it at, as something always goes wrong at theirs and it doubles my time in the store.

I have had many problems at self check outs.  So I've stopped using them.

318383[/snapback]

Were the problems at Wal-Mart by any chance?

My answer is: it depends!

If I am at Wal-Mart --no! I tried the self check line at Wal-Mart, and it read all the higher cost items, then after reading a stick of gum or not reading it, kept saying in a loud voice something about my not having read an item in. The implication was that I was sticking things in the bag that I had not run through the scanner!

I called for help! The Wal-Mart employee that came to help me had the same problem, and apparently it had been doing this to other people also. So back to the regular check out for me!

If I am at the grocery store, and the lines are short, I go through the regular check-out. If the the line are long, and I have a lot of things in my grocery cart, I also go through the regular line unless I am in a hurry. If I am in a hurry, or the lines are long and I have a few items, I use the self check. But sometimes the lines are long in the self-check line also!

Anyway..there is no option for "I use both" in the poll, so I won't vote.

Myself I try to use the self checkout as much as I can. Sadly, I tend to trust them more as I tend to trust computers more than humans. Also, I am not real big on another person seeing everything that I am purchasing as there is usually at least one item in each of my purchases that will cause the regular cashier to give me a strange or judgemental look when they ring it up, it never fails.

<_< When I'm on my own, I like to use the self-checkout because it's so easy. When Daniel and I are shopping together we always use the checkouts with cashiers running them because Daniel thinks that they may lose their jobs if they don't serve so many people. I imagine that if stores went self service that the cashiers would have to find jobs in other departments of the stores.

Only if i have just a few items. And i am in a hurry.And have small bills.

That computer voice is so annoying. (Place item in bag now )

No kidding i just scaned it.

I much prefer the self checkout. Faster, and I am a firm believer in "if one wants something done right, do it oneself!"

:yahoo:

anyway the new Wal*mart that opened up Self-Checkouts are horrible, they were telling me that my product I bought wasnt in the bagging area, this was happening to everyone

**Edit I cant Spell**

Edited by dragonwrangler95

I'll use it whenever I'm at a store that has one but I don't see them anymore... Our local K-Mart had it installed for about a month; I liked it allot because it was a real time saver but for some reason it didn't last.

A major chain in my home state allows you to self check up to 50 items.

I love that.

Rotating bag handles, you're done much quicker than if you go through a checker.

I've not been able to find a chain that allows that many items here though.

10 items is the limit.