Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

When They Make A New Series, What Do You Want It2B

When They Make A New Series, What Do You Want It To Be About?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When They Make A New Series, What Do You Want It To Be About?

• A class of new cadets at Starfleet Academy
    • Young versions of Kirk, Spock and other original characters
    • Riker's and Troi's adventures with the U.S.S. Titan
    • CSI: Starfleet
    • The Federation vs. The Borg
    • Life inside the Klingon Empire
    • The Temporal Police clean up timeline crime
    • Wesley Crusher's journeys with the Traveler
    • Captain Sulu's voyages aboard the U.S.S. Excelsior
    • other

As some of you know, they have this poll at the TV Guide website and I was just wondering what you guys think about a new series. I added other incase your choice for a new show isn't there.

Personally, I like the Titan idea just to see our favorite characters again, and they could bring Data back to life. :wow:

On The Titan With Mr. & Mrs. Troi :wow:

Keep Going Forward..No More Time In The Past....Though The Sulu Idea Is Cool Too...But He Could Never Be Visited By His Friends Dr.McCoy Or Scotty.

^

^

I agree With everything you said.

A DS9 Movie would be cool. :wow:

I remember a couple of years ago I bought a Trek video game at Wal-Mart and a guy that was the cashier started talking Trek. At the time he said about how the next movie was going to be a DS9 movie. So a lot of people want a DS9 movie. I wouldn't mind it. I like DS9, it's my second favorite Trek series after TNG.

Does DS9 get good ratings on Spike TV? I know that I usually watch it but does anyone else. I think the ratings it gets on Spike help determine if a DS9 movie is a good idea or not.

I wouldn't mind a DS9 spin off series either.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but there will NEVER be a DS9 movie

I hope there isn't. Deep Space Nine is IMO the best Trek series and the final episode tied up all loose ends perfectly. DS9 is practically sacred to me as it stands now. Seven seasons of sheer brilliance. A movie would never live up to those high standards. A Deep Space Nine movie is neither desired or necessary.

Deep Space Nine should remain untouched, since it is practically perfect as it is.

:blink: :lol: :lol:

Forgot to actually vote in the poll. D'OH!

I voted other. I'm not sure what premise I would like to see though. Maybe something set in the 25th century or later.

• I just can't imagine an Academy series. It would be like Starfleet Academy 90210 to me.
  • Kirk was too studious when he was younger to be really interesting. Picard's early days in Starfleet may have more potential.
  • Of the ones listed, the Titan idea has more appeal to me than the others.
  • CSI: Starfleet - now that's exciting (sarcasm). Discover the cause of death by running a tricoder over the body. Have the computer tell you who was the last person to enter someone's quarters before the time of death. Wouldn't work.
  • The Federation vs The Borg - been done in TNG and Voyager - we won. What more can be said. Plus the cost would be too much - the Borg are expensive and time consuming in make-up.
  • Klingon series - I don't think there would be enough interest in the general public for a series like this. Plus the time and expense for Klingon make-up might be too much.
  • Temporal Police - sounds too much like Starfleet Voyagers or Starfleet: Quantum Leap to me
  • Wesley Crusher - one word: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Captain Sulu's Excelsior - one word: BORING!!!

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but there will NEVER be a DS9 movie

I hope there isn't. Deep Space Nine is IMO the best Trek series and the final episode tied up all loose ends perfectly. DS9 is practically sacred to me as it stands now. Seven seasons of sheer brilliance. A movie would never live up to those high standards. A Deep Space Nine movie is neither desired or necessary.

Deep Space Nine should remain untouched, since it is practically perfect as it is.

:blink: :lol: :lol:

318577[/snapback]

I Agree. DS9 Doesn't Need A Movie. And It's Also My Favorite Series, Not Just For Star Trek, But For Television Ingeneral. :lol:

I voted for Captain Sulu. He deserves a series. My next choice would be a Starfleet Academy series. I think DS9 is awesome and would watch a movie multiple times - though as a series it was also outstanding. A klingon or Vulcan series would also be interesting.

I like the Riker and Troi on the Titan story. And then Troi dies. It's a good plot twist!

Click For Spoiler
A class of new cadets at Starfleet Academy

Young versions of Kirk, Spock and other original characters

These should be made as animated shows.

Riker's and Troi's adventures with the U.S.S. Titan

Possibly a good idea, if Frakes wanted to do it. But I wouldn't want Troi to be in it.

CSI: Starfleet

The Temporal Police clean up timeline crime

No.

The Federation vs. The Borg

Life inside the Klingon Empire

The novelty of both these shows would soon wear off and they would become tiresome.

Wesley Crusher's journeys with the Traveler

Wesley Crusher is far too annoying as a character to base an entire series around him. Wil Wheaton is generally an unlikable person anyway and very obnoxious, if his website is any indication of what he is like.

Captain Sulu's voyages aboard the U.S.S. Excelsior

George Takei is too old.

Out of the list I would like to see the titian but I voted other. I would love to see the new froniter books as a TV show or at least a TV movie. There is just so much story in those books.

they don't have that much longer to waste if they wanted to do a series about Sulu unless you get a new person to play Sulu. We're all getting older every day. I still like the Titan idea.

But I doubt that would happen since Sirtis and Jon Frakes have boycotted Trek after Nemesis. In the recent interviews in TV Guide they asked the two if they would ever put the suits on again and Sirtis said, and I quote

"Not after the box office results of NEMESIS!"

so they are still holding a grudge against us. I have a fear that the NEMESIS movie may have screwed us out of a Titan series. Which in my opinion, it sucks if we never see a Titan series in the future. lol :blink: A good idea down the drain

Edited by Gamera

Interesting that they both said that yet they both will be appearing in the finale of Enterprise.

I'm not overly thrilled by any of the ideas, but the Starfleet Academy has always had some sort of intrigue with me. It would be interesting if it focused on one of the teachers at hte academy, and not as much on the students. That would stop the loss of main characters after four years.

What about a show just on the Soong family. :rolleyes: I think Brent Spiner do can all the characters! :) j/k- I think. I would like the see a show on Mr. and Mrs. Troi.

Edited by Odie

A class of new cadets... I agree it sounds like Starfleet 90210. I really don't like watching teenage shows - that includes .... er... better not offend anyone.

Young versions of the TOS people... That would be too close to the teenage shows.

USS Titan. Very good choice and I nearly voted for this one.

CSI: Starfleet. I never bother to watch any of the other CSIs.

Feds vs Borg. Feds already won.

Life inside the Klingon Empire should be aired either on Discovery Channel or National Geographic channel as a short series of ducumentaries. Heck! We chould also have Life inside the Romulan Empire too.... or Life in a Starship etc... great ducumentary ideas.

Temporal Police. Sounds too much like TimeCop. I don't watch police shows too.

I don't like Wesley Crusher. It would be better if its a drama series about Jake Sisko post DS9, how he fulfilled his writing dream and his friend being promoted to be the first Ferengi Captain.

I voted Captain Sulu. No doubt George is old. We could always employ another Asian actor to play Sulu. I'm sure there are a few who might fit the role. I'd be great to see young Tuvok too.

I thought about "Other". Here is one I tought about.... Years after DS9. Nog becomes captain and has his own ship. This would certainly make it interesting. But then, I really think Sulu should have a series.

i vote other but i would like see serie about adamceny you would show miles O' brien as teacher their , it good idea.

titan series would be good idea two but i hate burst every one bubble that would cost to much as series becuse frakes and shritis would cost to much money but a movie about titan is would great. i think they should start out new maybe i.e of federtion ship with Jem'hadar as scurity offcier t hat would be inresting to wacth they need something new . have take in 24 century

A class of new cadets... I agree it sounds like Starfleet 90210. I really don't like watching teenage shows - that includes .... er... better not offend anyone

319494[/snapback]

ihave disagreethat would get more younger adnueices into star trek and that would great thing becuse os much of that star wars crap is killing the scifi genre it self , and if it 's well writing it would be everyone show it be great show

If they do an Academy based show, I think it should be something like the DS9 episode with the Red Squadron on the USS Valiant. Set it during a war such as the dominion war or a war with the Borg, with the Federation close to collapsing, and losses in Starfleet have been so high they have to bring a group of cadets to active duty. they get their own ship, and basically have to learn how to be a crew on their own. I think it would be great for character development, and could also help bring in a younger generation of fans to the franchise.

Edited by no1nos

Complex and bigger battles in space, enterprise like emphasis on troop combat, tholians, gorn, Species 8472, xindi, Cardassians, Continuation of Denise Mcarthy Score's without singing theme, a ship with alot of armaments.

None of the above...although I wouldn't mind a show that was still pre TOS, I'd like to see something more about colonies or a sort of outpost along the mining routes

Sort of like how a US Marshall in the Old West - travelling between communities - you could have a Star Fleet official that traveled a certain region - checking up on colonies - settling disputes etc. and served sort of like the "territorial governor" of that region of space.

After watching this week's Enterprise, I could really get into a Mirror universe series. We could see the formation of the Terran Empire, its downfall caused by Kirk and Spock and the formation of the Klingon/Cardassian Alliance.

Another idea might be a Section 31 series. A sort of "Mission Impossible" series set in the Star Trek universe.

I certainly won't mind Life in a Deltan Society. It will have to be rated sx18.