Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981)

Back when I was about 6, I saw this film on television. It is the first film I can ever remember watching and holds great nostalgic value for me, despite the fact that it is bright, badly scripted and tacky as hell! You gotta love it! B)

Lily Tomlin plays average housewife Pam who has a bad reaction to a variety of cosmetics and washing detergents and stuff. A sort of an early indication of the pollution caused by sprays and chemicals in the early 80s, the film is full of flares, big hair and gaudy polyester suits. The music is chirpy, Tomlin a scream and the whole film has an easy quality to it.

Surprisingly Joel Schumacher directed it. It was on tv again recently and it was a trip down memory lane for me. Have you ever seen it?

I saw this when it was showed on TV.  How'd it end?  I can't remember...

Click for Spoiler:

A different combination of chemicals save's her life and restores her size.

wow, now that brings back some memories, i havent seen that since the early 80's. talk about memory lane. maybe i oughta watch it again. was funny. B)

I remember seeing that movie in the movie theater when it first came out. It was just on TV again a few weeks ago.