Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Tasha's Death

Hi all

I know this is a week late but I too hate the way she died but a useless character I don't think so she was not on the show that long for her to grow as a character. Oh by the way if you look at the episode Symbiosis at the very end when the capt and Beverly leave the cargo bay you see Tasha wave from what I remember they did the episode backwards they did Skin of Evil first then Symbiosis I think so it was her way of saying goodby early I think but I could be wrong but she does wave at the end of Symbiosis. I love this episode LOL Drug Dealers in Space LOL too funny.

Brian

I found out she died when I first became a Trek fan, but I first saw the episode a few weeks ago. Pretty sad.

It sucks that I became aware of all the major character deaths when I first started.

I heard that Denise Crosby was pressing the powers-that-be at TNG to give her more on-air time and make her an equal with Picard,Riker,and Data....so they killed her off,to stop her nagging (and I heard she would criticize the scripts...she thought the episode "Code of Honor" was (in her words) "An incredibly racist story",because you had this black man wanting the blonde,blue-eyed white woman over his black wife.).

I think the death by "oil slick" served two purposes....(1) it got rid of Tasha,relatively quickly and (2) it wasn't a dignified exit...a sort of slap at Crosby,as she was on her way out.

Well if you go to the DVD of season one the 7th disk with all the extra I heard one of the guys I think rick himself said she ask to leave and if that's true I can see why she wanted to leave but for someone who didn't like what was going on with Star Trek TNG she sure is milking for what it's worth.

Brian

Yeah.

I think she realized her mistake after asking to leave TNG,when they wouldn't give in to her demands.

When that big movie career didn't materialize,I'd wager she was more than happy to come back as Sela,Tasha's Romulan daughter....and start hopping around the convention circuit. :cheers:

OH what a big mistake too LOL and I think they could have done something with her charature but still put worf in her place and cheif of security but since she left we would never know lol I need to resee all the episodes again I'm in that mood again lol

Brian

I liked Tasha Yar. I think there definitely was potential for that character; most of the characters were evolving over time, in their own way. I'm not much of a fan of the other female characters... and Troi just annoys me, lol.

I remember it in first run, I was surprised to see a regular get killed off but I thought it would be good for the series. Her character just wasn't right got the show.

I remember it in first run, I was surprised to see a regular get killed off but I thought it would be good for the series. Her character just wasn't right got the show.

Amen. In fact, that character wouldn't be good on any show. :lol:

By the time I started watching Star Trek, the TNG episode "Chain of Command" was airing. That's the 2st episode I remember being interested in. So it was no surprise to me that Yar wasn't on the later seasons. Though the story I was told by my dad was Denise Crosby posed nude for Playboy and Star Trek didn't want that kind of attention/reputation so they killed off her character.

By the time I started watching Star Trek, the TNG episode "Chain of Command" was airing. That's the 2st episode I remember being interested in. So it was no surprise to me that Yar wasn't on the later seasons. Though the story I was told by my dad was Denise Crosby posed nude for Playboy and Star Trek didn't want that kind of attention/reputation so they killed off her character.

Many of the Trek women either posed nude or were nude in movies before Trek. I don't think that was the reason.

She said she wanted to leave because she didn't think her character was going anywhere. However, the season was barely over and already Star Trek had a massive fan base. I think it's 'cause she realized that as along as Marina Sirtis was alive and kicking, she'd never be the #1 sex symbol on this show.

She said she wanted to leave because she didn't think her character was going anywhere. However, the season was barely over and already Star Trek had a massive fan base. I think it's 'cause she realized that as along as Marina Sirtis was alive and kicking, she'd never be the #1 sex symbol on this show.

Personally I thought she was the hottest in the first season. I didn't care for Troi's hair style in the first season. I love her and Crusher's new looks in the movies though, I think in those is where they look their hottest.

Then in DS9 they started having at least one big breasted woman on the show, ever notice that?

DS9: Leeta the Dabo Girl

VOY: 7 of 9

ENT: T'Pol

She said she wanted to leave because she didn't think her character was going anywhere.
However, the season was barely over
and already Star Trek had a massive fan base. I think it's 'cause she realized that as along as Marina Sirtis was alive and kicking, she'd never be the #1 sex symbol on this show.

Actually, there were only about 4 eps remaining in the TNG's first season when Yar was killed off in "Skin of Evil". :P

Personally I thought she was the hottest in the first season. I didn't care for Troi's hair style in the first season. I love her and Crusher's new looks in the movies though, I think in those is where they look their hottest.

Then in DS9 they started having at least one big breasted woman on the show, ever notice that?

DS9: Leeta the Dabo Girl

VOY: 7 of 9

ENT: T'Pol

No, but i can tell that you have!! :P

Edit: here's a pic:

sevil-15.jpg

Is it some scar from Armus or is that supposed to be blood? What the heck is it?

It's obviously a slap mark, like this guy's....

post-1583-1208134423.jpg

Armus just has wrong-shaped hands.

Personally I thought she was the hottest in the first season.

Ewww, sweetie!!! LOL

Ewww is the one in your Avatar.

I remember seeing it in summer reruns just before the second season started....

How did it make me feel................ :clap:

Honestly............ :clap:

I was happy!...............Yes, hate to say it, but its true....

I didnt like Tasha's charactor.... MOF, it was her death that prompted to start watching TNG, and by mid-second season, I was hopelessly hooked...

Honey, I'm not gonna argue with you on that one. While she made a great villain, I don't understand why guys think she's hot.

I dont either :clap:

Marina stole all the female sex appeal on that show......

Well, until Worf's x K'Ehleyr showed up in "The Emissary" :clap:

270px-STEmissary.jpg

Edited by I.Q.

I just watched "Torchwood" from Saturday night on my DVR. Seems they copy-catted Tasha's 'Good-Bye' message by having Toshiko do something similar.

Yes, poor Tasha, who would have been half way interesting if they had've just gone the full hog and made her a "woman's woman" if you know what I mean. She had the attitude... I always recall the girl fight with the Grace Jones look-a-like in the arena thing. The one where she had the glove with the big spiky ball on it. I think I remember renting that episode on VHS in the late 80s ... and then buying it 10 years later from the bargain bin!!! I think it came on the same video as The Big Goodbye. Oh dear, showing the age a wee bit.

The oil slick thing was a bit random but the writers wanted to show that the job of a StarFleet officer was an unpredictable one, and death could just pop up at any moment and snatch you away without notice...

I think I remember renting that episode on VHS in the late 80s ... and then buying it 10 years later from the bargain bin!!! I think it came on the same video as The Big Goodbye. Oh dear, showing the age a wee bit.

HEY!!!

That doesnt make you old.............

Take me for example......

I could legally drink at Metallica's concerts supportting their Black Album.......

Hell, my first time in the voting booth was the year the first Bush got promoted......

WHERE NOT OLD!!!!!!...............So what if Cornbread and Ice Tea has took the place of pills an 90 proof <_<