Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Tasha's Death

Does anyone remember the first time they saw Skin of Evil on first run?

I remember seeing this episode and the death came as a total shock. In those days the internet was not quite as big and I had no foreknowledge of this event, so when I saw it originally it was a massive surprise as I never thought they would kill off a main character for good. Even my mum cried at the very end due to some fine performances by the cast.

What was your experience?

I have never seen that episode. I often got confused why she was never on Series 2.

I remember watching it when it first came on. I was stunned by Tasha's death. Especially such a senseless death. I kept waiting for some miracle to happen by the end of the episode to somehow revive her.

When it came out I was very young, but I do remember seeing later in life. They did in DS9 and VOY, but it was real shocking in TNG. And I think the whole thing behind that show was to show that Data, at the end, was becoming more human... at least thats what I got from it.

A being named Armus, who looked like he was made out of tar, just casually zapped her and she was gone.

That ep was on Spike the other day. It was pretty good.

Does anyone know what the deal was with that thing on Tasha's face after Armus sent her flying? It was like an inkblot on her cheek.

Edit: here's a pic:

sevil-15.jpg

Is it some scar from Armus or is that supposed to be blood? What the heck is it?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Is it some scar from Armus or is that supposed to be blood? What the heck is it?

316259[/snapback]

I never was sure what that was. I did not think that was where she took the hit, but then again..

As for the episode, I remember crying a little bit at the end. Though I cried a bunch more when Lal died in The Offspring.

I agree with Yillara, lal's dying was so much sadder, and the thing on her face, thats just wrong.

As I am only 13, I wasn't alive when it first came out, but although I had seen the episode before, I remember it hitting me(that she was gone) when I was about seven. I'm still angry at tar man, as i've come to call him...

I :P :P

:P

I think the sploch on Tasha's face was the poor special effects from the first season's attempt at putting some of the tar from Armus on her. I think the saddest moment from a death during the series run was how Data took Lal's death. He cared for her deeply and reported it as best as he could.

I agree it was shocking and seemed senseless. Yet that senselessness was used to great advantage in the Yesterday's Enterprise episode where the timeline was affected when the Enterprise C came through the wormhole. We saw Tasha again and she decided to make her death one with meaning. She went through the wormhole, was captured etc changing the timeline again and having a daughter.

I think Yesterday's Enterprise was a great episode and used Tasha's senseless death to great advantage. Denise also got to do some real acting and did a wonderful job.

I wasn’t sad at all when she died, it happened too fast. Now I did think it was sad at the end when she was saying her goodbyes. But her death itself, not that sad. I agree, Dax’s death was sadder and so was Lal’s.

Edit: here's a pic:

sevil-15.jpg

316259[/snapback]

Can that be anymore fake? a bit of face paint?! ... oh yeah i can remember that now it seems ages ago since i last saw it i was shocked

I saw Tasha died and it makes me so sad! We lost a good crewman.

I remember when I saw this episode for the first time. I was both saddened and surprised that a main character was killed. If I remember at the time it was VERY rare for a main character to be killed off on any show and it was extremely shocking when it did happen. Most shows found a way of reviving them at the end of the show and that just did not happen on this one.

I remember seeing the episode, quite a surprise when I saw it happen but it was a good episode.

I think Tasha's death was what set Star Trek apart from other show. Her death shows us that even hero's get to die. Not many other shows have the same impact as ST has.

Later when Worf died during a surgical procedure... I thought he died for good and never expected a miracle. I thought it was going to be like Tasha's death. But it was a good thing he had multiple redundant organs.

I suppose with Star Trek... you'll never know who's next to die.

But we talk about her death here, but in Yesterday's Enterprise everything changed, and it gave her more meaning in the series, I liked that, *Side Note I was able to rewatch Yesterday's Enterprise last weekend on Spike's Best on TNG*

:oops:

I don't remember how I felt the first time I saw this episode, but, lookign back, I'd have to say that Tasha's death was very meaningless.

Click For Spoiler
just like Trip's death on Enterprise.