Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Where is your gas money going?

Now I'm confused, I thought "Sheetz" was some kind of off topic joke; you mean it's a real gas company? :P

Click For Spoiler

I hope what you're saying Kor is not true. I'd rather our money not go to anyone who would use it to kill us.

I hear you joeybear, we've had our first car almost a year now. Before that we were of the exact same mindset as you but we got tired of the effort and embarrassment of bringing groceries home on the bus not to mention the extra travel time we'd need to factor into all our business or pleasure trips around the city. Having a car has opened up avenues of adventure and time savings we could never have had on the bus, for example; a trip on the bus to the Wild Animal Park would take four hours each way (VS 40 min by car) making it impossible to go without leaching onto a friend for a ride.

Edited by Alterego

Yep! Sheetz is for real, and one of the least expensive companies to buy gasoline from. But maybe they are not in every of the country at this time

Now I'm confused, I thought "Sheetz" was some kind of off topic joke; you mean it's a real gas company?

315511[/snapback]

Sheetz is indeed for real. We have a few here in Maryland. What I said above is absolutely true. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly...but if these other companies don't import oil.....why are their prices as high as the companies that do import..........I use Sheetz...I also drive a Toyota Prius, which is a hybrid car.........which also helps.

315499[/snapback]

Those companies do indeed import oil. They just don't import oil from Middle-Eastern countries. They import oil from Brazil and Venezuela among other places.

yeah Sheetz is a gas/fastfood place, they compete pretty well with Subway in the Pittsburgh PA area

yeah Sheetz is a gas/fastfood place, they compete pretty well with Subway in the Pittsburgh PA area

315644[/snapback]

Thats amazing!.. When I think of going out to buy a sub, a gas station isn't the first thought that comes to mind........lol

woah. take a breath. gas prices are gonna go up and down, and be used for diff. things. the stock market goes up and down, does that mean you're gonna pull your stocks out?

315267[/snapback]

I've already pulled my stocks out and invested in gold.

315379[/snapback]

actually, that WAS good desicion. i heard that gold was worth more now that the dollar is being driven lower and lower by the euro. but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take risks. just short sell all your stocks. that's what i did. :P actually, it was a simulation. not old enough to have stocks. short selling gets ya a LOT of dough.

315644[/snapback]

Thats amazing!.. When I think of going out to buy a sub, a gas station isn't the first thought that comes to mind........lol

315692[/snapback]

Most of the gas "stations" around here have some sort of eating establishment inside. Of course they're more like gas-plexes than the old gas stations. I know one off the Interstate had a Subway, there's another with a Hardee's and another wwith Long John Silver.