Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...Been away..Havent seen you in a while...

Ok, I got carried away on the title of this thread, but things have been going really bad lately, and finally, things appear to be getting better...Long story. I didnt intend for it to be so long, but once I got started typing, I couldnt stop because it felt so good to tell this story now that there's a happy ending in sight.

My birthday is September 7th. Around my birthday this past year, I had a nice apartment of my own, and I had been with a girl...and I use this term loosely...who had 2 kids since January of 2004. She was living with her parents, and was miserable there. I moved them into my place. My lease was up in October, so we decided that we would get a bigger place together. We hadnt been there for 48 hours before she completely turned into a complete psycho. She told me that she wanted me out by the following weekend, and then later admitted that she had used me to get her name on the lease. I couldnt go back to my previous apartment because I'd have to pay a deposit again, and I had spent all my money on the move. So, I sold all my fish in my fish tank, and moved all of my stuff out...for the second time in 2 weeks...into a storage room.

I then, checked into a cheap hotel. I stayed there for 2 weeks, and in that time, my ex slept with one of my co workers. I then found a room for rent in a large house, so I moved there. I stayed there for 2 weeks, when my job (Aaron's) promoted me, but with that promotion came a transfer...to this hell hole of a town where I am now... 100 miles from where I was. I decided that I would move to Tennessee, where my daughter is, and just save up so that I could move. But, the first few days that I was working there, I was driving back and forth...200 mile round trip, with a 10-12 hour work day in between. The third day, I was driving home...fast, because I was tired. I got pulled over for speeding, only to find out that my car's insurance was cancelled. I was arrested, and spent 2 nights in jail.

So, after I got out, I found a place here in town...renting a room from the guy who one of my new co workers was renting from. Now, back to the car...My ex and I had gotten that car together, and both of our names were on it. She kept hanging the bill over my head, so I talked to my roommate, who said that he would get me to and from work. I then just told her to come get the damn car, and never to contact me again. But, not before she destroyed a previous message board that some of you may remember, and admitting that she had slept with one of my best friends. We(my friend that she slept with) are friends again now...And, that she had cheated on me several times while we were together.

Anyway, it turned out that my co worker/roommate is the laziest loser I've ever known. Went out drinking EVERY night, and got loaded EVERY night, and was late for work, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours late on a daily basis. So, I started taking cabs. All the while, I'm trying to pay off the fines that I had, and catch up on my bills.

The whole time, the regional staff of Aarons was constantly on our backs because as they said "We were management. We should be able to fix the store." Which works in theory, but one of the first things I asked them when I came here was when I would receive my management training. They told me that there wouldnt be any training until January. I found out that this store that the new GM, my roommate and I were dropped into with no training is the worst store in the region, and one of the worst in the entire country. And they didnt want to train us, but they wanted us to fix the store. Around the middle of December, I paid off the last of my fines, and was ready to buy a cheap car from a buy here pay here lot, and to start saving for my move. The GM of the store quit because he was fed up with the gripe sessions from the regionals. I basically took over the GM duites of that store. No pay raise of course. These regionals put a new "GM" in training there, and guess who got to train him? Me. A manager who never had a day of training. But, over the course of time that we were there, we started to figure things out for ourselves, and things started getting better, and running smoother, but that of course wasnt good enough for the regionals (or wolfpack as I came to call them)

The day after Christmas, all of the regionals were going to be there. My roommate swore that he would be up in time to be there on time, but he went to a Christmas party, and got completely loaded. I tried to wake him up, but he was literally out cold. I took a cab to work. He staggered in 3 hours late, reaking of alcohol. No one said a word to him. I asked him several times why he cant ever get to work on time. He said that he has always been late because he has a "set routine" and he just cant get up in the morning. He once asked the other roommate how he could get up, and get to work all the time. He told me that he thought he was talking to a little kid. He told me that he wakes up when he wakes up, goes and starts a pot of coffee. Then, goes into his room, and smokes a cigarette. Then, he pours a cup of coffee, and drinks one. He then, goes and spends 30 minutes in the shower. He then gets out of the shower, and shaves and brushes his teeth, then gets BACK into the shower for 10 minutes. He then, needs another cup of coffee, and a cigarette. THEN, he puts on his work clothes, and is ready to leave. He doesnt even move faster when he's running late.

Aaron's got a new divisional VP, who decided to tour all of the stores in our division. (My roommate was late that day too) There was more upper management there than the entire store staff. I knew that the 2 of us were going to be fired that day. When it happened, I had already taken the keys off of my key ring, and handed a handful of loose keys to them. They basically blamed me for the store's miserable performance. They didnt care that they didnt bother to train us, or even that over the previous month, we had begun making progress. His reasoning for firing my roommate is understandeable, but I lost everything I had for that company. I told them exactly what I thought of them, and how they had set us up for failure.

Well, I took a crap job because there arent any good jobs here in town, and I couldnt go to work for Rent a Center because I was under the impression that my drivers lisence was suspended, and its a requirement for that line of work.

Not making jack crap for money, I started falling behind on my bills, but my roommate (not the loser) said that he would work with me on my rent. I was also starting to pay money on another vehicle.

My former co worker got a good job with an electrician. But, he messed that up too. Late every day. Since then, he has been avoiding the owner of this house by staying with his brother, but leaving his stuff here.

About a month ago, I decided to check on my license. It turns out that it was NEVER SUSPENDED!!! I then, went to Rent a Center, and applied, took the drug test, and got interviewed by several different people. Only to find out they have a no rehire policy. (2 weeks wasted) I then did an application for Rentway (2 weeks ago) and did their drug test, and interviews. My hours at my crap job had been cut. My roommate had expressed concern about my bills, and I didnt know what to do. Rentway seemed to be dragging their feet on my info, and today, I was about at my wits end, and the phone rang. It was Rentway, and I got the job. Finally, a good break, and I can get back to planning my escape from this hellhole.

God never gives you more than you can handle.

Sounds Like You Have Had A Pretty Rough Last 6 Months.

Glad Things Are Looking Better.

MAny hugs dude sounds like you had it rough, but you know what they say when you been to da bottom, the only way is up, either that or sideways lol Hope things continue getting better dude.

Ouch, the last 6 months were pretty tough on you.. :)

I am glad that things are starting to look a little brighter, and it is nice to see you on the boards again :)