Sign in to follow this  
joeybear

free VOY episodes...

uhm, this is probably NOT cool in the US, but it is in CAN, so...

BearShare (a search away on Google) will allow PC users to download any (meaning many, if not all) of the ST series for free...

This is not illegal in Canada, and is not available to MAC users, which means i must still wait...

oh well - at least MACs come with transporters... :blush:

Edited by joeybear

I predict this to be closed... I don't download movies, if I want it, I buy it. For songs, I download only some songs, I would raither buy the cd and give money to the artists so they can make more cds. I download songs off albums I'm thinking about buying anyway.

Yeah, I'd rather but something myself, but until I can buy it, I love the download button! :blush:

First, "free" isn't the right word.

Second, if you're downloading episodes, it is surely not PC only! Unless you are downloading EXE files which contain the episode within WIN32 code. And I highly doubt that. Macs have multimedia software that can play digital video, same as Windows users, though the choices are different. I know VideoLAN is available for both Mac and Windows. If PC only you mean downloading, wrong again. :congrats: BitTorrent is the best way to go for downloading TV shows. BitTornado is what I use. There are BitTorrent clients available for the Mac, for OS X and Classic.

Limewire and Bearshare are based on Gnutella. This is an outdated network. You may have scattered luck with it, but I would recommend something newer. Shareaza is a multi-network app, if I remember correctly, accessing ED2K and FastTrack (Kazaa etc), and maybe BitTorrent.

On non-BitTorrent networks, I estimate you can probably download 80% of the episodes in low to medium quality. If you use BitTorrent, you can get every single episode; you download by season and each season is complete.

Zeropaid.com is a web site regarding file sharing programs. It's a good resource if you want to find one, and it will tell you if a client has Spyware or not. It covers all networks, all clients, official or otherwise (e.g. Kazaa Lite).