Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Do you use Periods at the end of a sentence?

Do you use periods?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use periods?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes.

the only time I don't is when I somehow forget to do so. But that is only ever when I am tired. It is good grammer to do so.

I don't know why you need to put periods at the end of a sentence why would you want to do that is there anything wrong with not putting periods at the end of a sentence would it make my writing look funny maybe people wouldn't understand what I was writing then

Of course trying to read that Kor I now see the definitive reason why periods are used, I need to mentally breathe.

I mean when reading.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

as kor said it is a very good idea to use commas periods and other punctuation otherwise your whole message runs together becomes confusing and could just be ignored or misinterpered plus it could end up giving you a headache or something like that spacingisalsoimportant as is using capital letters at the beginning of each sentence but your teachers must have mentioned that didn't they because if they didn't they really messed up

I don't know why you need to put periods at the end of a sentence why would you want to do that is there anything wrong with not putting periods at the end of a sentence would it make my writing look funny maybe people wouldn't understand what I was writing then

312881[/snapback]

as kor said it is a very good idea to use commas periods and other punctuation otherwise your whole message runs together becomes confusing and could just be ignored or misinterpered plus it could end up giving you a headache or something like that spacingisalsoimportant as is using capital letters at the beginning of each sentence but your teachers must have mentioned that didn't they because if they didn't they really messed up

312974[/snapback]

It was only a matter of time before people started doing the long sentence with no punctuation... :blush:

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but I do try to use grammar and correct punctuation for people who's language is different from english and/or american

I happen to be one of those "grammar-police type people" and thus I always try to use proper grammar except when IMing. :blush:

I always try to put periods at the end of sentences, but when I'm typing on here or on AIM, I could care less about perfect grammar or sentence structure. :) Even if it may sometimes give a bad imression on boards, I save the effort for the many papers I have to write for my classes. :blush:

Most of the times, I will. However, if I am just jotting down notes in class it is just quick notes so there might not always be a period.

312881[/snapback]

Of course trying to read that Kor I now see the definitive reason why periods are used, I need to mentally breathe.

I mean when reading.

312883[/snapback]

I agree with you. I always try put periods at the end of my sentiences. One it makes it easier to read, and the other reason it that that how I was taught how to type. :blush:

I voted yes, although sometimes I use question marks, exclamations points, or a combination of the two. :wow:

I do find I don't use them in instant messaging. :wow:

Yes, I always use periods unless I forget

315045[/snapback]

Looks like you forgot AE! :wow: :o

315057[/snapback]

I did that on purpose as bait, I caught you! :wow: