Sign in to follow this  
Meta03

Cardboard packaging for Voyager DVDs

I purchased Voyager Season Two on-line and after receiving it, I found out that the box was made of cardboard instead of plastic. Is anyone familiar with this kind of packaging? Could this be an illegal copy?

I haven't seen any in a cardboard packaging, perhaps it was a special packaging for that site for online purchases. If they shipped it in plastic, there was a good chance it would have cracked. The Postal Service aren't very competent in shipping, I saw a package fall out of a mail carrier's truck and he just kept driving. :P I'll take a look for cardboard packaging.

I did a quick search on Google and it turns out the cardboard boxing is an early packaging material, before they switched to the transparent plastic. It's legal.

I did a quick search on Google and it turns out the cardboard boxing is an early packaging material, before they switched to the transparent plastic.

312032[/snapback]

Where did you find this info? I tried to search, but had no success...

I just searched Voyager Cardboard Packaging, and read the reviews of people who got the season packs in cardboard.

I just searched Voyager Cardboard Packaging, and read the reviews of people who got the season packs in cardboard.

312070[/snapback]

I tried this with Google and can't seem to find anything that would help. If you know of a link that would shine a light on this issue, please post it. Just because someone got their hand on another cardboarded Voyager doesn't mean it is an authorized DVD. The marked could be flooded with pirated copies of Voyager and Star Trek community should be aware of such an intrusion...

However, if this indeed is an early release, it would likely qualify as an extremely rare collectable.

I contacted Paramount by phone and they informed me that Voyager Seasons on DVD were never released in any other packaging other than plastic.

It appears we have some crafty pirates out there, so beware.