Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

did you know...

you probably already all know this by now, but did you kow there was a Herman Zimmerman who worked on: Star Trek: The Next Generation,Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier," "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country," "Star Trek Generations," "Star Trek: First Contact" and "Star Trek: Insurrection," Star Trek:Enterprise.

I wonder if this is where Voy. got their name for Dr. Zimmerman.

A lot of ships and alien races are named after Star Trek crewpersons, and not the crew of the Enterprise and the like :P. Jefferies Tubes were named after Matt Jefferies from TOS.

The "transporter" was invented to allow characters to get from location to location as fast as possible, so screentime wasn't wasted.

311720[/snapback]

Yes, that's true, good sir, but the point of this topic is for things in Star Trek named after the people who worked behind the scenes...:P That's why the Jefferies Tubes and little Livingston was listed.

The "transporter" was invented to allow characters to get from location to location as fast as possible, so screentime wasn't wasted.

311720[/snapback]

I didn't know that :P

Did you know that besides the bathroom on the main bridge of Enterprise-D it had only one public bathroom. It was on deck 25... I would hate to clean that room up.

Edited by Capt_Picard

Yes, that's true, good sir, but the point of this topic is for things in Star Trek named after the people who worked behind the scenes...

It is???

I thought it was just a place to post interesting little facts about Star Trek.

Erm.....in that case....uh.....did you know that the transporter was named after a make-up artist called Sally Trans-Porter?

And the shuttle was named after a camera operator called Jack McShuttleman?

:P :P :P

Edited by The King

The shuttle El-Baz was named after Dr. Farouk El-Baz is Research Professor and Director of the Center for Remote Sensing at Boston University. Aslo the shuttle Justman was named after fromer producer Bob Justman. I also believe that Jeffery Tubes where named from one of the designers of the orginal seriers.

Edited by Odie

I read somewhere that two major Trek characters were named after a close friend of Gene Roddenberry's that he lost contact with. He had hoped that the friend would recognize the likeness to his name and contact Gene.

Can you guess to which characters? (I'm sure most of you know.)

Kahn Noonien Singh and Dr. Noonien Soong.