Sign in to follow this  
anslem1701

A Tribute

Here's just a little something I made when the word came down.

Goodbye: Tribute

Cheesy, yes. A little hokey, probably, but still -- it was my way of saying goodbye. Though they may never see it, they should know they have fans who care... :angry:

Anyway, hope you all enjoy -- it's kind oif a big file...almost 24 MB, but maybe you'll like it...

Original Version (Alternate Open)

Edited by anslem1701

You did a fantastic job, anslem1701! :look: The Goodbye: Tribute is wonderful, not cheesy or hokey, and the Alternate Opening is the one I wish they had used for the show. It's waaaay better than the current one! :angry:

:P :P Beautiful...most excellent work i've seen here so far, amazing what you can do with a little T&T&T (time, tools, talent)<<speaking of tools.....liquid Edition? or Adobe Primiere Pro? I liked the first one better, Scott's Voice Over would have been great..except the writers messed things up.....when they wrote in Travis and his Parents ....."Yea, I've been here before...I grew up on a cargo freighter.....'

I'm a big fan of Premier when not around an Avid, but that was actually all Windows Movie Maker -- the bane of my existence...lol. Oh, and the pictures were cropped and fixed in photoshop...

I'm a big fan of Premier when not around an Avid, but that was actually all Windows Movie Maker -- the bane of my existence...lol.  Oh, and the pictures were cropped and fixed in photoshop...

312017[/snapback]

NO WAY!!! YOU GOT TO BE B.S.ing me now! Windows Movie Maker? The Titles....how did you do the titles...my WMM won't let me title like that?????that all looks way too good for a cheesy software like wmm....and I'm over here pulling my hair out....trying to learn to navigate Premier and AfterEffects... used photoshop to crop the stills(scratches head) ...well it all looks great.

Well, God forbid I actually say anything good about anything Microsoft has made, but here goes... :P

The titles are all through WMM. There is a feature that lets you overlay text over video and make effects, like the slow zoom into the text I used. I figured that was a universal effect that seems to be used in a bunch of titles, so I just did that. The actual "Star Trek" and then "Enterprise" part of the title was simply a text overlay of a text overlay, with a few "return" spaces so the titles would not overlap. It really wasn't too difficult. I'm using WMM 2.0, so maybe it's a new feature. If I had Premiere or Avid on this crappy little computer, then I would have been able to do a whole bunch more with it, but they don't seem to go to fast on this thing, and they're too expensive anyway...lol. That's what working at a TV station is for.

Good job and yes, you used the correct forum. lol

I'm shocked you were able to do that in WMM as well. I have had more problems with that program going unresponsive on me when I'm in the middle of a project than I can count.

Despite WMM crashing a bunch (which I can't forgive), it gets the job done. I also actually like their PhotoStories program, which could be useful with WMM to make some cool things. Now, if they'd just combine the two programs into one, it wouldn't be so crap-tastic!

Still wish I had a total Avid system, but hey, don't we all?

Despite WMM crashing a bunch (which I can't forgive), it gets the job done.  I also actually like their PhotoStories program, which could be useful with WMM to make some cool things.  Now, if they'd just combine the two programs into one, it wouldn't be so crap-tastic!

Still wish I had a total Avid system, but hey, don't we all?

312125[/snapback]

Well, you're a testiment to what can be done with very little, never in my mind would I have believed it. So much been accommished with so little. It was the titles that really threw me...I've played a lot with WMM...and couldn't(at least I thought I hadn't) found any Fonts that resembled STAR TREK fonts...and couldn't get the Underline to just underline one line...and you can't change colors within the same animation. The croping of the stills was very good thinking, makes the aspect ratio consistent(very clean frame space)...I loved the sepia tone effect you used on some of the astronaut footage. But how did you crop the stills and use the ease in/ease out..seems to me like that would take multiple crops...very clean piece of work.

WMM has never crashed on me...it's been great for quick jobs, but i find it just doesn't have enough bells and whissles or (balls) for me/ Problem I'm having with Premiere....it's power hungry, Ram hungry....hangs up during preview(can't tell if the glitches are in the work..or just my computer) and the interface requires a book to figure out...I spent i whole evening just poking around to find the TitleDrawer.