Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Which actor for new captain?

If you could choose the actors or actresses for a new Star Trek series, who would they be?

I'd choose:

Either George Clooney, Tom Cruise or Pierce Brosnan for Captain

Sean Connery for either an older Captain (like in Red October) or Admiral

Mebbe Tom Hanks can be Doctor.

I'd take Madonna for a lady Captain. Queen Latifah is cool too.

I'd like to see Swarzenegger (how to you spell his name?) as a Bolian Captain.

We could also have Captain Harrison Ford.

Danzel Washington would also make an interesting XO but I'd have Morgan Freeman a Klingon captain.

Does anyone else have any other suggestion?

If you're serious, then most of those people would be prohibitively expensive to hire.

Madonna and Queen Latifah should never be allowed near the franchise IMO.

lol!! I never thought how expensive it would be. I suppose you're right. but Why not Madonna or Q.Latifah. Mebbe we can have them as other members of Q.

Edited by krysis

Click For Spoiler
Let's take a closer look at your selections, excluding matters of fee.

George Clooney Tom Cruise or Pierce Brosnan for Captain

I like all three of these guys. Out of them all, I would say Pierce is the most suited for the role.

Sean Connery for either an older Captain (like in Red October) or Admiral

You know, I LOVE "Red October" and this would be a superb idea.

Mebbe Tom Hanks can be Doctor.

Another good choice. He was actually supposed to be Zephram Cochrane in ST: FC. I always imagined him as the creator of the Federation or maybe it's President.

I'd take Madonna for a lady Captain. Queen Latifah is cool too.

I'd like to see Swarzenegger (how to you spell his name?) as a Bolian Captain.

QL is too "hip-hop" for my liking. Madonna can't act and Arnie has other things to worry about. But he could play a good Cardassian thug. Maybe a Gul or something?

We could also have Captain Harrison Ford.

Another good choice.

Danzel Washington would also make an interesting XO but I'd have Morgan Freeman a Klingon captain.

Denzel would be superb. Check out his role in the excellent "Crimson Tide". Freeman as maybe a Klingon Chancellor or a Federation leader. A man of his standing would have to be given a respectable role.

Edited by The King

You know, you're right again. I sure would like to see Arnie as a Cardie Thug. I love Red October too and I'm going to get my hands on Crimson Tide soon. What's it all about anyway? No don't tell me. I'm going to watch Tide.

If only ST movies are made like some great Submarine movies out there. I wonder what it would be like if Tom Clancy gets to write a Star Trek Novel. That would be swell! I suppose ST movies can't be like Submarine movies cos the Feds don't have cloaks, unless its about the Romulans.

Really, I could help laughing about the Cardie Thug. Mebbe Harrison can be part of Starfleet Intel.

What's it all about anyway? No don't tell me. I'm going to watch Tide.

Gene Hackman's in it. He'd be cool as an Admiral in Trek, or some role similar to that.

If only ST movies are made like some great Submarine movies out there.

I wonder what it would be like if Tom Clancy gets to write a Star Trek Novel.

THESE are SUPERB ideas. I cannot tell you how excellent they really are. I've been thinking along the same lines actually. A Trek movie with a "submarine" tone and style to it would be awesome. I think that kind of tone blended with a story of political intrigue and galactic power shifts and so forth would call for some deep layered writing. I would greatly support a Trek project in this style. Whether a movie, mini-series or TV series. I'm glad at least one other Trek fan is thinking in this direction.

:P

Really, I could help laughing about the Cardie Thug. Mebbe Harrison can be part of Starfleet Intel.

Maybe the head of Section 31? But he's always "The Hero". Section 31 is a little too sinister for him I think. ;)

Edited by The King

I have a very weird idea.... Just close your eyes, and imagine that the computer's voice is not Majel Barrett, but instead....Christopher Walken!

I have a very weird idea.... Just close your eyes, and imagine that the computer's voice is not Majel Barrett, but instead....Christopher Walken!

310475[/snapback]

roflol! My colleagues are wondering what I'm laughing about.

About Harrison Ford. He reminds me of Jack Ryan. That's why I thought in line with Section 31. Then again he could also be a Star Trek archeologist looking for some neat Vulcan artifact. But I think he'll be more suited to a Captain aboard a smuggling freighter.

I was also thinking. Pre Nemesis era. Lets substitute The Russians with Romulans and Red October with Romulan Warbird trying to defect and enter Federation Space. The Klingons naturally want to blow it out of the sky but someone in Starfleet Intel - say Lt. Commander Jack Ryan of Sectin 31 - is willing to give the Warbird a chance. I think this will only work with the Rumulans because they can cloak. We could also think in terms of TOS era.

Oh well, there are so many possibilities and so many "if only". Seriously, what can we fans do to get someone like Clancy to write Star Trek?

Mebbe Antonio Banderas can be head of Section 31.

I loved Iaon Griffudds as Horatio Hornblower - he'd make a great captain.

Most of those other actors have too much of an image that I couldnt' imagine them as star fleet. Besides, realistically, you need someone less well known.

And maybe Jeff Bridges could be an admiral (since his brother gets to be a general on that other show)

If only ST movies are made like some great Submarine movies out there.

310471[/snapback]

The closest thing we have to a Trek "Submarine" episode or movie is the TOS episode "Balance of Terror" which was partly based on the submarine movie "Silent Running".

Maybe the head of Section 31? But he's always "The Hero". Section 31 is a little too sinister for him I think. :P

310473[/snapback]

Harrison Ford is not always "the hero" ... in fact one of my favorite movies that he did featured him as kind of an ambivalent character, neither good nor bad. Check out "Presumed Innocent" ... he's not very heroic in that, just a cheating husband who's wife goes over the edge.

Also, another underrated performance from Ford was "What Lies Beneath." He was a real S.O.B. in that one, a murderer. He was great!

I think he could do it. He could be one of the best "baddies" in ST history.

Madonna as a female Captain!? Definately not! The Star Trek movie that she's captain in will not be watched by me.

Madonna would be great.

Sam Niell would be good too. Sigourney Weaver more.

Sam Neill would be very good actually. Madonna would be awful, she cannot act and could never be part of Star Trek, she'd be bad for the reputation of Star Trek.

Sam Neill and Sigourney Weaver would both be excellent in Trek.

I don't understand this "Madonna" thing though. In any movie she has been in, she has never showed any acting talent. "Evita" doesn't count, since that was a singing role, which is more her style.

I liked her in Die Another Day... :P

Ooo! Uma Thurman!

Edited by sea trooper

:P Mean, but still good ;)

I also like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Famke Janssen, though she was already in TNG, it was just a small one-time roll.

I like the idea of Scarlett Johannsen as a young ensign. How about Anthony LaPaglia as a captain?

I wouldn't want any known actor to be the lead character. If a new series was made I'd rather see them go with an unknown cast for the most part.

Here's my choice - Neal McDonough! He was in "ST:First Contact."

http://nealmcdonough.bravepages.com/

310641[/snapback]

yea, he was Lt. Hawk, the helmsman who got assimilated on the hull of the ship. He's in a hit tv show now, so he would probably have to decide between Star Trek and Medical Investigator.

Here's my choice - Neal McDonough! He was in "ST:First Contact."

http://nealmcdonough.bravepages.com/

310641[/snapback]

yea, he was Lt. Hawk, the helmsman who got assimilated on the hull of the ship. He's in a hit tv show now, so he would probably have to decide between Star Trek and Medical Investigator.

310649[/snapback]

Maybe they could catch him on hiatus. Of course he would have to play a different character. :P

Christopher Walken as captain!  :laugh:

310667[/snapback]

:P :P :yahoo:

Now THAT I would pay to see numerous times, no matter how bad the movie was!