Does noise affect your life?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Does noise affect your life?

• Yes, very much so
    • Yes at sometimes
    • once in a while
    • rarely
    • Never

Just wondering if noise effects your life? Where I live, in the city of Chicago, it can be noisy with cars and their horns, loud sound systems, etc. Sirens can be a bit annoying though necessary. Airplane noise is more of a problem as I live along a flight path for O'Hare Airport. Even people talking too loudly on the train or on their cell phones can be intrusive. Do you have similar problems and how do you cope? Get out of the city, use ear plugs, headphones etc? Just curious.

Edited by trekz

Yep, it definitely does! I work in a warehouse, and my "desk" is 10 feet from a garage door. Naturally, if someone were to call me on the phone I may have to pause while the garage door openes and closes, usually followed by a forklift entering or leaving the warehouse. I can't to this day figure out why my boss, standing 40 feet away, expects me to hear him while a forklift rumbles by. ??? :P Maybe I'm expected to lip read ;) .

I put rarely, as I live out in the country. Though it is slowly becoming more populated in my section of town and shopping centers and movie theaters, etc are starting to come in. Though I am not complaining, having the shopping center nearby is great since there is a Publix in it and CVS is just a little farther up the road then that.

When there is a major accident on the State road that where I live is near that gets pretty noisy. But other than that.. nah, not to much noise pollution. At work, yeah alarms going off, food cooking, people talking, cars coming in and going out. That is a different story. Just like my old job with the music, and the kids running all around, and the parents, friends family all coming in.. the afterschool program or summer campers coming in and out of the building(since the studio was in association with a day care facility).

I voted "Very much so" only because that's the closest thing to my situation. I live right over a navy flight path for a major training area for carrier "touch and go's". So I have F-18's flying over the house at all hours of the day and night.

F-18's are extremely loud jets, but I've lived here for 15 years and have gotten so used to it that I rarely even realize when they're flying.