Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

I am in San Diego!

Astro and I made it to San Diego. :yahoo::hug: The weather is fine. It is so much better than Japan. :dude:

You're now just around the corner from me. I'm about 75 miles to the north of you.

We're neighbors! :yahoo:

I still don't like San Diego. I think it's a horrid city. It has nice sections, like Fashion Valley and the surrounding areas for the mall scene, and Hillcrest is really pretty, unless you're homophobic because Hillcrest is basically the gay section of the city. Balboa Park is nice.

Thanks, everyone! :bow: I am glad that I am back in the States! :bow:

Astro and I made it to San Diego.  :P  :bow:  The weather is fine.  It is so much better than Japan.  :bow:

308786[/snapback]

Thats great news dawn :bow: ..i hope your having fun :) ..nah joke i am really happy for you :bow:

As you're at Great Lakes, shouldn't you be mumbling about Wisconsin weather? :P

You're definitely closer to Wisconsin than the city. ;)  :borg2:

308945[/snapback]

I'm right about in the middle, and about 40 miles from the Cheddar Line. I can complain about BOTH if I want to, and by the way, it's cold in BOTH places!

BTW, Enjoy the warm weather, odie. *Shivers and taps the heat up*

Hooray! Glad you are stateside. San Diego was where I was stationed in the Navy MANY years ago, back when Miramar was NAS. Welcome back to the US! :P ;):borg2:

I'm right about in the middle, and about 40 miles from the Cheddar Line. I can complain about BOTH if I want to, and by the way, it's cold in BOTH places!

:borg2:;)

Just a question, don't be so defensive. :P

BTW, I live about that distance from the city, and the temp is always colder here in the winter, and warmer in the summer, by a significant amount. Tis why I asked.

:P :borg2:

Just a question, don't be so defensive. ;)

BTW, I live about that distance from the city, and the temp is always colder here in the winter, and warmer in the summer, by a significant amount. Tis why I asked.

310343[/snapback]

Madame, that wasn't defensive. That was more sarcastic. By the way, Enjoy San Diego, Odie. I miss San Diego.....

Thanks, Gary_Phaserman. Someday it will warm up in Great Mistakes. :P

Glad you are back in the states, Odie! And San Diego is a pretty area, with the ocean

( oops!...Navy people are already used to the ocean....) and wonderful varieties of flowers. The one thing I liked about living in California during the years I lived there was the different plants and flowers and birds. It really was different from the eastern part of the country. It had its own special beauty.

Thanks, Gary_Phaserman.  Someday it will warm up in Great Mistakes.  :P

310611[/snapback]

We can only hope....Come on, Global Warming!

So are you like stationed in camp pendleton? I envy you! you should visit san clemente, that's the best little town in ca :yahoo:

310322[/snapback]

San Clemente... haha! I got stuck hitch-hiking there once. The cops basically said, "There's no hitch-hiking here, now move along!" :P Isn't that what I was trying to do?

Nah, San Clemente is alright. The beaches are nice. Of course, the beaches are pretty nice all over the place here in Orange County.

So are you like stationed in camp pendleton? I envy you! you should visit san clemente, that's the best little town in ca :P

310322[/snapback]

No, I am station or will be very soon in Naval Station San Diego. Camp Pendleton is a Marines base. You won't see many sailors there.

Glad you are back in the states, Odie! And San Diego is a pretty area, with the ocean

( oops!...Navy people are already used to the ocean....) and wonderful varieties of flowers. The one thing I liked about living in California during the years I lived there was the different plants and flowers and birds. It really was different  from the eastern part of the country. It had its own special beauty.

310619[/snapback]

I never get used to seeing the ocean. The color blue when the water is very deep is very beautiful.

Yeah, Pendleton is a bunch of jar-heads! :P I hated it every time I took public transportation from Oceanside to San Clemente (or the other way), I'd have to pass through Pendleton. God forbid is I didn't have ID!

Jarheads are interesting people.

Click For Spoiler
If you want to live a short life just tease one. :P

Jarheads are interesting people. 

Click For Spoiler
If you want to live a short life just tease one.   :angry:  

310998[/snapback]

I like your spoiler, Odie. very true. (Smiles big and shows off his Devil Dog fangs)

Have fun in San Diego. By the way, Pendleton isn't so bad. I actually prefere it to 32nd Street, though all around I prefere MCRD.

I don't think there are no base or camp that is really bad. It just what you make out of it. I am very much looking forward when I check on the USS John Paul Jones.

I don't think there are no base or camp that is really bad.  It just what you make out of it.  I am very much looking forward when I check on the USS John Paul Jones.

311594[/snapback]

Oh my! You're going to the JPJ? I've been aboard that ship. My Elementary school had a partnership with her. (I went to John Paul Jones Elementary School in Sierra Mesa)

Can Not Do It It In Person But Pssst. Thats A Cold Bud Cracking Its Top Raise it to you

I don't think there are no base or camp that is really bad.  It just what you make out of it.  I am very much looking forward when I check on the USS John Paul Jones.

311594[/snapback]

Oh my! You're going to the JPJ? I've been aboard that ship. My Elementary school had a partnership with her. (I went to John Paul Jones Elementary School in Sierra Mesa)

311638[/snapback]

As I will always say the Fleet is smaller than everyone thinks. :P