Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Genesis

I think Genesis is a very unique episode and one of my favorites, I like to see the "highly Evolved"Species on the Enterprise show how they really started out, one of my favorite episodes to see, I would show it to someone who is not a trek fan and I bet they could even enjoy it.

I like Genesis. It was pretty cool. I just wish we could have seen some of the other crew members devolve, like some Bolians or Vulcans. Geordi is also never seen devolved, so I think that could have been cool.

Apparently, the original concept was the crew turning into Barclay but this was deemed too extreme.

Genesis is one of my daughter's favourite episodes. The first time she watched it she absolutely jumped at the scene where part-spider Barclay jumps up and startles Picard. My daughter is hyper-sensitive so she loves to be surprised like that.

I liked the episode too. I am actually surprised Geordi survived considering he would have been a prime target for any carnivores.

Was that the episode where Worf turned into some big creature that tried to kill people? I think I remember seeing only half of that episode...

Was that the episode where Worf turned into some big creature that tried to kill people? I think I remember seeing only half of that episode...

309049[/snapback]

That's the one. Here are pictures of Barclay, Worf and Riker from the episode:

240x32012.jpg320x24013.jpg320x24011.jpg

I love Genesis! And that scene with Spider-Barclay in engineering is really creepy :o Poor Jean-Luc... he's so scared :P

And Worf spitting at Crusher... that's a... erm... great and wonderful scene... eh, I mean it's horrible, of course :P

I'd love to de-evolve into a spider, like that one in Return Of The King.

309138[/snapback]

Ah yes, Shalob. Cool creature from LOTR :P

I loved Genesis, very well done and directed. I do agree it would have been wonderful to see other species. And it was funny when Spider-Barclay jumped out, because it startled my sister so much! Watching her jump was pretty funny(she is slightly arachnophobic though)

I thought it was weird. Another Barkley episode. Ever notice when he is involved, weird things happen.

I like Genesis. It was pretty cool. I just wish we could have seen some of the other crew members devolve, like some Bolians or Vulcans. Geordi is also never seen devolved, so I think that could have been cool.

Apparently, the original concept was the crew turning into Barclay but this was deemed too extreme.

308656[/snapback]

I agree it would have been very interesting to see other species like the Bolians, or Vulcans devolve.

I thought it was pretty scary.

:)  :blush:  :)

But a very good episode.

Terrific directing from Gates McFadden.

308678[/snapback]

I agree that Gates McFadden's directing was first rate. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a women direct a Star Trek movie?