Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

TNG's finale

I just want to get your thoughts about the final moments of TNG. Not the whole two-parter, just where they ended of with Picard joining in the card game.

Do you like the ending or was there something else that could have been done to improve it in your opinion?

I guess I liked it. Not sure, maybe just having all of them on the Bridge or something. Not sure.

I really liked it, but I feel the real ending came in ST:10 at the wedding. And if you have the DVD I also like the cut sceens with the Captain and his chair.

I liked it, especially the last line "...and the stars are the limit" as the camera was pulling back from the Enterprise.

It was an appropriate ending, because of Picard's stand-offish ways. Remember in the episode with Vash, when she was aboard the Enterprise, she was surprised that Picard had told no one about her. Troi explained to her that Picard was a very private person. It was a diplomatic way to say that although he relied on his officers, and trusted them with his life, he had not opened up to them in an intimate way. They did not know much about the private Captain Picard. Even after Picard was recovering from having been Locutus, he talked to Troi as a counselor, not as a friend.

This ending was good, because it set things up for a different Picard in the movies...one who was openly close to his officers on a more personal level, and one who could experience loss by the time he arrived at the crises he faced in Star Trek: Nemesis.

I think it was a perfect ending, both now in retrospect, and when I saw it originally.

I thought "All Good Things..." was exceptional, and the ending was more than appropriate and heartwarming. As mj indicated, this showed us a new facet of Picard. One that had not really been explored during the course of the show.

I also liked how the crew reacted to his appearance at the poker table. The crew looked surprised to see him there. Even more so, when Troi told him that he was always welcome. In an odd, and admittedly very 'fan boy' way, I thought she was telling us all that we had always been welcomed.

All in all, it is easily one of my favorite shows in the TNG pantheon. And may I add, Q was in top form. By the time the finale ended, I felt a genuine sadness that this show would not be in production again. Truth be told, I still feel that way whenever I watch this episode.

I love that scene with the card game, Jean-Luc finally joining his officers shows that he really thinks of them as his friends, not merely officers :(

i've seen it loads of times but it does make ya kinda sad knowing its the end....

i'm gonna get it on video soon i am collecting the whole series.

Click For Spoiler
i've just finished collecting the first series a long way to go :(
B)

I agree with everyone's comments about the poker game ending being wonderful. The weekly game had become a great way to show that off duty side of people and was really the only time when they would gather as a group and talk. I thought it was perfect.

was that the last one? what was it called? *i'm a new trekkie* :( :blush 2: B)

I just want to get your thoughts about the final moments of TNG.  Not the whole two-parter, just where they ended of with Picard joining in the card game.

Do you like the ending or was there something else that could have been done to improve it in your opinion?

I guess I liked it.  Not sure, maybe just having all of them on the Bridge or something.  Not sure.

308308[/snapback]

I liked it because that was the first time picard branched out with his crew much.