Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Spike TV

I could not find anything about Spikes potential role in saving ENT so here's a thread devoted to it.

First up here is a link to the most recent news I could find on the subject from Boston Herald.com dated 3/4/05:

Don't Spike 'Enterprise' just yet!

The article:

Click For Spoiler

Do you think Spike could afford it, would reduced episodes per season be acceptable to you if it meant ENT would continue and would you have concerns over the shows quality? Could it work?

Given the triple digit millions (that I've heard) Spike has paid for syndication rights to TNG DS9 (and coming soon VOY?) I don't see money being much of issue.

I would not mind fewer episodes per seasons, any number of episodes would be preferable to the coming # of new episodes being shown: 0. Continuing to fill in the gaps even at a trickle pace would be better than nothing imo+-.

Of the quality, I'm confident that if a deal for this to happen were struck it would be based on a continuation or even betterment in quality as shown ENT is capable of under Manny Cotos production.

A big part of improving ENT quality could lie in the removal of Rick Berman from the franchise but that's another thread.

I think so long as Spike could make it, the quality and the number will be there. They would inevitably make more money through the world wide syndication, therefore economically it isn't quite the gamble it would at first appear.

I'd hate to see ENT produced with the Smiling Bob mentality that Spike displays.

307955[/snapback]

Spike picking it up is better than nothing.  Except for me... I don't have cable :blush:

307957[/snapback]

Two good points to consider to be sure.

TUH, the excessive sexuality of ENT could be further exploited to new lows on Spike but I don't see Manny Coto allowing it to go there, he has dabbled with that arc in his produced episodes but it has been within standards previously known in Trek imo. Would you agree?

MrPsychic, would knowing you'll at least have the option of someday seeing them on DVD for sure or perhaps in syndication to Broadcast stations help? You said "Spike picking it up is better than nothing.", does 'Better late than never' also apply to your situation?

Well, I don't have over a hundred dollars to spend for the insane pricing of a season of DVD's. If I did, I would use that money to have cable plugged in for a year. :blush:

Let Spike give it a try. If it works great, if not, how much lower can we go. The show is being cancelled and if our idea is to save it we have to be willing to consider radical ideas.

I don't really like Spike because of the distracting little ads they put at the bottom right corner of the screen during shows but if they save the show and air it I will become a Spike viewer.

I used to watch TNG when it was on, now it's only on when I'm at school, and I watched DS9 too untill the shows kept getting more and more randomly into the seasons that I didn't want to spoil the series for myself. I agree that the "Station For Men", home of Striperella, wouldn't be the best place for Enterprise, but if it can save the show, then I'll be darned if I oppose it!

I would even watch it if a channel like A&E picked it up, or maybe BET, at least Travis would have a bigger role. hehe I kid. He still wouldn't have a bigger role :blush:

this is from www.trekweb.com today:

Spike TV have expressed interest in a fifth season of STAR TREK ENTERPRISE, acccording to the Boston Herald. "It would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show's fans are," said Spike TV spokeswoman Debra Fazio. END OF ARTICLE

like someone said earlier, if no one else, let Spike TV do it.

I see it as this... Sci-Fi doesn't want to, paying for it our selfs might not work, and UPN is has their head so... lets just say they don't know what they are doing, but this would save the show and the money already saved up could help the show in season 5. And, from many view points, this is the shoot we have been looking for and we should take it. If we don't we might not get season 5 and besides SPIKE wouldn't do anything to Enterprise...

if it's not broken don't fix it!

As long as the show is saved, I don't care where it is.

Spike TV is actually the only place where I've seen an individual episode promo. I don't get UPN and City TV never airs specific promos (I haven't seen one in ages).

Spike hasn't done much with DS9 but TNG still airs twice a day.

From what I've heard, today the production on ENT wrapped for the final time and the sets will be removed tomorrow.

Along with Jolene Blalock's interview on Sunday with the Toronto Star, I would say it's now over. The actors are already looking for other roles and even Brannon Braga said it's over and from what he's been told, Trek will be rested for a few years. He himself has left the franchise and is working on other projects.

Spike is owned by Viacom and has shown Star Trek re-runs in the past, so it's entirely possible ENT will be re-run on that channel, but new episodes are out of the question.

Well King, I choose to hope that this show can be saved. Stranger things have happened. "There are always possibilities..." as Mr. Spock was fond of saying.

I can just see it now... 6 years from now they'll still be people here trying to get networks to pick up Enterprise :(

Well King, I choose to hope that this show can be saved.

Fair enough.

Stranger things have happened. "There are always possibilities..." as Mr. Spock was fond of saying.

I would agree with that, but I would add "There are always possibilities......in the future for Star Trek".

I can just see it now... 6 years from now they'll still be people here trying to get networks to pick up Enterprise 

:P B) :(

I would think in the next few days, the people who donated money to the "Season Five Campaign" should be getting their refunds.

I would think in the next few days, the people who donated money to the "Season Five Campaign" should be getting their refunds.

308376[/snapback]

Nah, just write it off as a tax deduction :(