Rate ST: Nemisis!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate ST: Nemisis!

• Great
    • Good
    • O.K.
    • Bad
    • Horrible/I have no Taste at all!

I voted Great. No I haven't gone bananas, I just really like the movie. I thought it was a nice way to end the TNG series and a nice memorial services for Data at the end. The Enterprise ramming the ship at the end was real cool, the Troi and Riker wedding was a site to see as well. I overall enjoyed this film. :blush:

why bad?

- Pathetic villain, "We are a race, BRED for war" :blush:

- Remans looked like something from Buffy.

- The whole concept of the Remans, and Remus itself.

- The "clone of Picard" storyline was weak and uninspiring.

- The Schimitar looked like some fanboyish design I would expect to find on a website somewhere.

- Some of the music featured in the movie which sounded like the old Casio keyboard I had when I was six.

- Counselor Troi. I HATE that character.

- Talking about the Titan and not showing it.

- The "Death Of Spock" type ending.

I voted bad, too, for all the reasons given by The King and I would add the horrible treatment of Worf in the story. No mention of his being the Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire and why he's been demoted back to tactical and third or fourth banana on the Enterprise.

The movie showed absolutely no respect for the fans of DS9 and all of the characters were acting so completely out of character it was distracting.

(I don't hate Counselor Troi, though. Without Troi there is no Lxanna Troi ... and I adore Majel Barret in that role!)

Good, would have been far better without Stuart "Hack Job" Baird.

If Burton or Frakes had directed, Nemesis would have been better.

I eman it wasnt the greatest Tek Movie ever made, but I found it to be fun a thrill ride and a tearjerker in the end, I vote great

Good. It would have been Great if Data had lived! :blush:

Other than that, I completely loved it.

Edited by sea trooper

I think that I might have...Well no...maybe...possiblly, have....well.... :blush 2: :blush 2: :angry: :huh: :cheers::blush:

It was sad, seeing Data go....

Data, all of us here at STF Salute you, wherever you may be...

I thought it was bad. I do agree with The King on all his points. Killing of Data was a big mistake.

I thought the concept of Nemesis was good but it was ruined by poor writing and an apathetic director. Nemesis had the potential to be a great movie.

It wasn't the greatest of all Trek but I voted great. It could've been greater or even greatest if they took care of some issues such as the Buffy-looking remans... and some other reasons the King gave. It wold have been Greater if they showed the Titan. What i enjoyed was the fights.

This is a Movie you ever love to hate or hate to love

The More Iwatch the More enjoy it, the Best Star Trek Popcorn movie IMO

I sure am glad I waited to vote and respond to this thread!

From the start I had a few problems with this one (all the same you've heard before) but the more I watch it the more its goals come into focus and the more I find myself... loving it! Somehow with repeated viewings (without the bashing goggles on) all the things I hated about it no longer matter, I don't even see them anymore or if I do I am able to see the logical explanation for them. I am now able to see its strengths and wow; it has a shipload of them.

Sorry I ever doubted you Nemesis, :naughty: you ARE Great!

It makes a good episode in my opinion, but otherwise it is too far stratched premise-wise and can be a big load of CGI in my opinion at times.

It won't let me vote :naughty:

anyway, I'd pick bad. I felt it was a very poor ending to TNG. i mean did the writer even watch TNG?

The only part that got me at all was Data's death.

It won't let me vote :naughty:

anyway, I'd pick bad. I felt it was a very poor ending to TNG. i mean did the writer even watch TNG?

The only part that got me at all was Data's death.

328113[/snapback]

John Logan is a huge TNG fan. As I've said in other threads, don't judge his screenplay by the final product. The screenplay was great.

I voted it was a good movie but it could have been great if not for Stuart Baird.

:bow: why bad?

307606[/snapback]

*Ahem*

Well...hmmm....."where to begin?" Well for starters it is ridiculous that Diana decided to leave Worf and stay with Riker. It had already been established very clearly that Riker and Diana were through and that Diana was moving on. For her to suddenly leave Worf and then run back to Riker is just ridiculous. She needs a councellor if she's that co-dependent.

Data's death was total bathos. It was obviously ripped off of Star Trek II, and just like Star Trek II the Captain had to bare witness to his last words. This time, however...I just felt nausia.

The so-called "Sovereign Class" starship is suppose to be the best Star Fleet has ever built, yet here it just looks to be no different then any other Star Fleet vessal with the same leaking shields and the same weapons that are just as ineffective as they always are against adversaries.

I found Shinzon as a villian rather third-rate. He's no Khan or Borg-Queen...not even close. Frankly I was really hoping that the last Star Trek film would be something more thoughtful (like ST: The Motion Picture or ST4) rather then a generic space opera that would even make Lucas giggle.

Oh and one more thing...Picard in a friggin dune buggy...???? :laugh:

I could go on but I think the point is made.

I love the movie

Diana and Riker were ment to be together I just didn't like her and worf being together just was not right and very glad she married Riker.

Data Death so wrong not good I tell you they should have never done that but he put his memorys into B4 so there is a chance that he would return but don't think so.

Oh yes the most advance ship in the fleet can't even shoot it's way out of a wet paper bag come on people give me a break will ya LOL

But other than that I love the movie the fight scenes were awsome they could have made it better but I'm like one who said the more I watch it the more I love it I need to watch it again LOL then I will really love it.

Brian

I sure am glad I waited to vote and respond to this thread!

From the start I had a few problems with this one (all the same you've heard before) but the more I watch it the more its goals come into focus and the more I find myself... loving it! Somehow with repeated viewings (without the bashing goggles on) all the things I hated about it no longer matter, I don't even see them anymore or if I do I am able to see the logical explanation for them. I am now able to see its strengths and wow; it has a shipload of them.

Sorry I ever doubted you Nemesis, :dude: you ARE Great!

With the prospect of ST XI having something to do with events of NEM my above feelings are being confirmed all the more.

Nemisis was fair at best. Data was such a major character in Trek lore and his death had no where near the emotional impact that Spock's death did from The Wrath of Khan. It was just handled badly. That coupled with driving around in dune buggies like idiots, Riker/Troi wedding (anyone besides hardcore Trekkies were looking at their watches), Troi/Viceroy 'in my mind' junk all make for a bad trip to the local Cinema.