Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

least Fav. Trek Movie

The More you watch Nemesis the more you Like I think, It has a god Charm and tae it for what it is an Action flick "popcorn" Movie, now TMP I trieed to watch it today and ell asleep, that is still #2 to me, Generations was so Disappointing, to have the 2 Captains meet, and have them COOKIN!!!!!!! WTF, now Generations would of been awsome, if the 2 enterprises meet and had to face off with each other at 1st, thats the Movie I think everyone wanted to see, not a Freaking Martha Stewart Moment betweem Kirk & Picard, and having Picard Cry, I mean its sad he lost his family, but doesnt make him seem "manly"

336208[/snapback]

I would have loved to see Enterprise-A and Enterprise-D team together.

and as for Picard crying, I felt it added to his character.

The More you watch Nemesis the more you Like I think, It has a god Charm and tae it for what it is an Action flick "popcorn" Movie, now TMP I trieed to watch it today and ell asleep, that is still #2 to me, Generations was so Disappointing, to have the 2 Captains meet, and have them COOKIN!!!!!!! WTF, now Generations would of been awsome, if the 2 enterprises meet and had to face off with each other at 1st, thats the Movie I think everyone wanted to see, not a Freaking Martha Stewart Moment betweem Kirk & Picard, and having Picard Cry, I mean its sad he lost his family, but doesnt make him seem "manly"

336208[/snapback]

I would have loved to see Enterprise-A and Enterprise-D team together.

and as for Picard crying, I felt it added to his character.

336231[/snapback]

In the commentary that Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga did for Generations, they indicated that it was Patrick Stewart's decision to have Picard cry - it wasn't in the script. From what I recall I think they felt that Picard wouldn't cry in that situation.

I agree with dragonwrangler's comments about the more you see Nemesis the better it is. I also believe that the movie would have been soooo much better if it had had a director that knew something about Trek.

Real men don't cry, you cut off your leg with a chainsaw, you suck it up throw the leg in the cooler qand have a beer

(i stole that from a comedian his name escapes me but i think it was Jeff Foxworthy)

Kirk had his son killed almost in front of him, did he cry, no he kicked butt

Though not shown directly it was implied Kirk cried. Watch the scene again, a few moments after Kirk falls on his butt at the news of Davids death Kirk is sitting facing away from the bridge crew with his head down while [presumably] just finishing a good cry. (Shatner probably insisted we not see him cry) McCoy stands next to him with a consoling hand upon Kirks shoulder. Kirk then gently pushes McCoy aside, stands up, turns around and commences the butt kicking.

On topic: I'll say the theatrical release of TMP is my least favorite.

Real men don't cry, you cut off your leg with a chainsaw, you suck it up throw the leg in the cooler qand have a beer

(i stole that from a comedian his name escapes me but i think it was Jeff Foxworthy)

Kirk had his son killed almost in front of him, did he cry, no he kicked butt

336470[/snapback]

I have to disagree. crying ovre the death of a loved one doesn't make a man less of a man. Hell, I cried like a baby when my sister died.

On topic: I'll say the theatrical release of TMP is my least favorite.

336479[/snapback]

Ah, yes, TMP, the only Trek movie that puts me to sleep. I refere to it as Star Trek: The Boring Picture. :P

I really like TMP! I guess you had to be there when it first came out. It was an incredibly emotional experience for Trek fans.

I was there. Sure it was exciting then but the fun memories is not enough to keep the movie (full version) from being dull today.

Now the SE on DVD is a different story, the magic was brought back with it's release.

I'd recommend you get it IF you like the story but were turned off by the time it took to tell originally. The SE moves at light speed & 21st century effects have been sprinkled throughout to enhance the visual feel. If the whole idea of Veg'er being what it turned out to be is what you did not like then don't bother.

Review by Bill Hunt, editor of The Digital Bits

I really like TMP! I guess you had to be there when it first came out. It was an incredibly emotional experience for Trek fans.

336504[/snapback]

Well, keep in mind I was just a kid when it first came out :P

but still, even years later, I just can't get into that one. but i love the music for it.

The story was kool, but the uniforms killed me. i saw tmp AFTER I saw 2-4, maybe thats why I dont like it as much

The story was kool, but the uniforms killed me. i saw tmp AFTER  I saw 2-4, maybe thats why I dont like it as much

336715[/snapback]

I agree about the uniforms. I'd hate to go warping around space in a pair of pajamas.

I'm going with ST: V. I don't like the story and I didn't like the introduction of a never before mentioned brother for Spock. *shudders*

For me I like Trekkies better then Trekkies 2 OPPS Wrong one LOL yes the SE of TMP is MUCH better V boring VI bad VII don't get me started and Nemises not bad but they could have done better.

Brian

I saw TMP for the first time recently. I only fell asleep once. I don't know how long I was out but by the time I woke up I was still in the same scene I last remembered. Though I don't remember how long that scene was. But other then the longwinded scenery, I liked the ending and the beginning.