Sign in to follow this  
the_ocompa

What's Better?

What's Better; Next Generation Or Original?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What's Better; Next Generation Or Original?

• The Original
    • The Next Generation
    • Can't Decide; Love them Both!

These polls are always so impossible!

I picked "Can't decide" ... because there is no distinction made between the television series and the big screen films that followed.

TNG was the better of the two on television, simply because it was better written, better special effects, more modern, etc. etc.

TOS was the better of the two if you throw in the TOS motion pictures ... the original crew really blossomed on the big screen.

its like comparig apples and oranges, considering the times and the technology they had whe being produced(plus budget) both are great

but I do perfer TNG, I mean is it really the Next Generation? I think its the true timeline, and TOS series is done in historical contex

I enjoy both very much. But if push comes to shove, its TOS. I don't believe that any other ST series can match the dialog and chemistry of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. TOS was the vangard of all things Trek. Yes, some of the props may seem cheesy by today's standards, but it was nonetheless "way cool" for the '60s and '70s. :P :P

TNG after season 1

TOS is a bit campy and overacted, even though I enjoy watching the show.

We had quite a few drinking games on things Bones and Kirk would say while at University. :P :P

Once TNG had settled in, gotten some makeup and costume changes, it was by far better than TOS

I love both series, but I always go with TNG when I have to answer such questions... I really adore TOS and Kirk and Spock and Bones and Uhura and the rest of the crew, but I LOVE TNG - and my favorite captain... :P So I went with TNG... :P

Having grown up with TOS and having it be the only Trek for so many years makes it by far my favorite series.

Can't Decide; Love them Both!

Same goes for all the series. Having been alive and watched them all from their beginnings they all are special in one way or another.

I love them both but I suppose I have to TNG, it's always been my favourite.

TNG is my favorite but it's rough comparing a 3 season series vs a 7 season series with spinoffs, not to mention the movies. Without TOS there would be no TNG, TAS, VOY etc. They are both great in their own right. TNG by a hair.

I'll admit it, I can't decide between the lot of them. Even though I grew up on TNG.