Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Uni-Sex Showers?

post-820-1109749156.jpg Ignore Trip and T'Pol for a moment....from an engineering stand-point..(1) this shower area is way too large to be in her or his private quarters..so we must assume this is a crew shower...so was it the women's or men's locker room? or do they have uni-sex (co-ed) showers in 2154. Another thing notice the downward slooping metel shoulding(enclosure) that looks dangerous!..if you were to slip on a bar of soap, you could cut something off! Not a very safe/design. P. S. notice the vent behind their heads....looks like daylight outside the trailer(closed set). Edited by headborg

I've seen a couple of sci-fi shows that feature uni-sex showers and restrooms. There is a great uni-sex shower scene in the film Starship Troopers.

Uni-sex bathrooms are already a reality in this day and age so uni-sex showers can't be that far off.

I've seen a couple of sci-fi shows that feature uni-sex showers and restrooms. There is a great uni-sex shower scene in the film Starship Troopers.

Uni-sex bathrooms are already a reality in this day and age so uni-sex showers can't be that far off.

306980[/snapback]

i think a perfect example of this..is last Friday's Battlestar Galactica....the uni-sex restroom scene with Baltar....seems a logical extention of gender normalization/equality in the militaries of the future.

Well, this was a fantasy so perhaps such a shower does not exist.

306943[/snapback]

I understand the scene was part of a fantasy...but generally when one has a fantasy about "getting it on" with someone else....they don't extend the fantasy to a generic shower...it's more reasonable to assume this was a actual location on Enterprise ....otherwise why would someone waste their fantasy on such a "non-exotic" location. In other words, i believe this was a familiar setting to the dreamer. Which I guess would make the fantasy even more exciting...the fear of getting caught in the act..a crewmember might have walked in!

Well, this was a fantasy so perhaps such a shower does not exist.

306943[/snapback]

I understand the scene was part of a fantasy...but generally when one has a fantasy about "getting it on" with someone else....they don't extend the fantasy to a generic shower...it's more reasonable to assume this was a actual location on Enterprise ....otherwise why would someone waste their fantasy on such a "non-exotic" location. In other words, i believe this was a familiar setting to the dreamer. Which I guess would make the fantasy even more exciting...the fear of getting caught in the act..a crewmember might have walked in!

307018[/snapback]

It was T'pol's fantasy. Who knows how the Vulcan mind works? Especially when the Vulcan in question has a habit...

Okay, seriously you're probably right.

I think the decon chamber would have been a more appropriate venue, however.

i think a perfect example of this..is last Friday's Battlestar Galactica....the uni-sex restroom scene with Baltar....seems a logical extention of gender normalization/equality in the militaries of the future.

307017[/snapback]

I had a married co-worker once who was talking about her house and and how she and her husband had separate bathrooms because she refused to share a bathroom with a man. I have found this isn't uncommon. As people become more affluent - I'm going to guess we'll see more separation - not less.

One possible explaination could be that Enterprise is so cramped, they have to have co-ed showers to save space. Perhaps in an adult setting like that, not everything is about sex, it's about getting the work done :)