Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine

TNG at the Oscars

After Morgan Freeman won his Oscar, as he was exiting the stage and they went to commercial, the orchestra played the theme to TNG...it was so awesome!!! It was kinda weird at first, but I guess TNG was 4 movies in addition to being a tv show, so I guess its fitting...and maybe someone behind the scenes is a ST fan! Wonderful props to TNG! :biggrin:

I noticed it too. It was beautifully done. However, sunshine, the TNG theme was from TMP first, since Roddenberry liked it so much. But it was a good rendition.

They played it at the right tempo, not quickly like TNG does, but not quite as slow as the movies have it. Sorta slow, but not too slow.

I noticed it too.  It was beautifully done.  However, sunshine, the TNG theme was from TMP first, since Roddenberry liked it so much.  But it was a good rendition.

306505[/snapback]

heehee, I obviously have only seen the TNG movies...I'm gonna have to remedy that! thanks for the info!

I noticed it and it was cool. I wish they played more of it before it was cut off by the commercials.

This year didn't matter as much to me (I didn't see most of the films) but The Incredibles won best animated feature, so I'm happy.

r1667468124.jpg

The winners this are: Morgan Freeman for Supporting Actor, Cate Blanchett for Supporting Actress, Hilary Swank Best Actress, and Jamie Foxx for Best Actor. :hug: :P :biggrin: :lol:

I was expecting either The Aviator or Ray to win best picture, so Million Dollar Baby must be either really good, or really bad, but the snooty judges liked it :biggrin:

I am glad that Jamie Foxx got Best Actor. His performance as Ray Charles was the best IMO.

I noticed this too. I also thought that it was weird!!!!!

Star Trek : TNG theme song performed at the Oscars, that was AWESOME.

:) :) :) :) :bow: :P :P

I am glad that Jamie Foxx got Best Actor.  His performance as Ray Charles was the best IMO.

306560[/snapback]

From all I have seen of the clips and stuff from Ray.. I SOOOOO want to see this movie!!!

I am thrilled to see he won for best actor.. He looks and sounds so much like Ray Charles it is pretty eerie.

And yeah.. I definately heard the Trek music(whether you count it as the TNG or the TMP theme, it matters not). Matter of fact, it caught me by surprise because I stood there at the tv, mouth hanging open and I dropped what I was holding. My mom goes, "Hey... *looks over at me* Well, nevermind you know what is playing :) "

She also went to point out but stopped when she noticed me smiling.. when they were playing "Beyond The Sea"

I also, save for the love song from Shrek2, adored all of the performances and songs that were nominated. :) .

I noticed it and FLIPPED THE HECK OUT

Sorry ,but i did.But remeber it was the theme to St:TMP first

It's about time the academy recognized Star Trek. They had been playing Star Wars themes for years. I think unless you have a full orchestra, the Star Trek theme doesn't sound right.

but i think the SW was nominated for an Oscar ..the TNG theme was not

I noticed it and it was cool. I wish they played more of it before it was cut off by the commercials.

This year didn't matter as much to me (I didn't see most of the films) but The Incredibles won best animated feature, so I'm happy.

306526[/snapback]

This was the first time, in I don't know how many years, that I missed the Oscars. And of all things to miss! It would have been so cool to hear them play the TMP theme music.

And Jack... LOVED THE INCREDIBLES!!! It was my favorite movie this whole year! I too, am very happy that they won. Can't wait to buy the DVD when it comes out later this month.

I heard it. It made me so excited. I was acctually kind of disappointed, really expected Patrick Stewart to make some type of apperance. How could they decieve me like that?

Aw, nevermind, it was amazing anyway.

I know i was hoping for at least levar Burton

but i am still annoyed that Team America was not nominated

but i think the SW was nominated for an Oscar ..the TNG theme was not

306881[/snapback]

Yep. As far as I remember that was the case.

Also, remember that Jerry Goldsmith passed on recently, and he was included in the segment "In Memoriam" (so another reference to Trek). It was sad to see how many people passed on, but the presentation was beautiful with Yo-yo Ma playing the background music. :)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Oh yes. I hate to say that i missed the In Memorium because i turned out the Oscar telecast.It was horrid and boring this year

Oh yes. I hate to say that i missed the In Memorium because i turned out the Oscar telecast.It was horrid and boring this year

307089[/snapback]

To be honest, this year was the first year in a long long time that I sat through almost the entire show.

i missed it :( i always miss out on everything... but i'm glad they won an oscar B)

who else should have won it, do you think?