Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Favorite O'Brien

Which O'Brien Did You Like better?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which O'Brien Did You Like better?

• Miles O'Brien on The Next Generation
    • Miles O'Brien on Deep Space Nine
    • Don't Like Him On Either Series
    • I Like Him On Both

I was amazed how evolved the Miles O'Brien character became when he went to DS9. I never liked him on TNG but on DS9, he was a really cool character that was very interesting. I think it's just because he wasn't given that much time on TNG and became a main character on DS9. Anyway, which series did you like O'Brien on more?

Edited by Gamera

I voted that I liked him on both series. I mainly saw him on TNG but got to see him a little bit on DS9 and he was not bad on it.

The Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brien relationship is, IMO, one of the high-water marks of Trek. It's so real between them, they could just be a couple of guys that any of us would know.

There is no comparison between O'Brien on TNG and O'Brien on DS9 ... on DS9 he was so much more "Scotty cool" than Geordi ever thought about being. He held that station together with a prayer and some duct tape and did a dang fine job!

Conan!

:)

I like him on DS9 more because he's a main character and not the guy who transports people.

I liked him more on DS9 because on TNG he just mainly did his transporting thing with little character developement, while on DS9, he developed.

He was on more shows in DS9, but he was also really great on TNG... so I voted both.

I voted DS9 because of the character development. I have to admit that on TNG we got bits and pieces of his life, whenever TNG wanted to give a little insight into the lives of a 'regular' crewman, a noncom. I liked the episodes where they went to him for info on his former commander, and the one where he married Kako(sp).

But he was a complete character on DS9. I have to prefer that. I cannot just cite one or two three episodes. Instead he is part of the life ot the station on DS9, not just an occasional side story.

I really never liked him much, when i first saw him on TNG i thought he was a Scotty Clone and on DS9 I found alot more characters more intresting then him and I noticed at times some sexual tension between Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brien on DS9

Deep Space Nine.

He went from an interesting character on TNG who slowly was being developed, into a TERRIFIC character on DS9.

His friendship with Julian was endearing and very realistic too. I didn't notice any sexual tension between the two of them though. They were just two best friends.

Both great characters.

Plus, it was nice to see the development of his marriage and family starting with TNG all the way through DS9. Much respect must go to Keiko O'Brien too. Another superbly written character and flawlessly portrayed.

:blush:

Liked him on both. But on DS9 he became a much more rounded and defined person.And had a much larger role so we got to know him better.

The O'Brien character had minimal development in TNG, he was just a recuring extra most of the time, during which he usually said nothing more than "Energizing". There were only a few exceptions to that, which came along in later episodes, ie marriage to Keiko epi. In DS9 he became a fully fledged regular cast member and his character was developed so much more, thats why I voted for him being better in DS9.

I was amazed how evolved the Miles O'Brien character became when he went to DS9. I never liked him on TNG but on DS9, he was a really cool character that was very interesting. I think it's just because he wasn't given that much time on TNG and became a main character on DS9. Anyway, which series did you like O'Brien on more?

305972[/snapback]

*Diddo* Gamera. I agree, O'Brien's character became much more interesting when he joined DS9 as a main character. I liked him better there.

I liked him best in DS9,in TNG his character didnt get a chance to expand.

I voted for both, yes the charcter did evolved, Whic imo made him even better. More real and more likeable.

I liked him in both, but agree his character was more fully developed in DS9. His relationship with Bashir was great and I agree that it was enjoyable to see his character grow and enjoy his development. He is yet another supporting playre that grew into a great character.

He is yet another supporting playre that grew into a great character.

309215[/snapback]

I agree. He went from a no name crew member to an important part of the Trek universe.

I voted that I liked him best on DS9 because of the character development and also because he was more like scotty than on TNG. Colm is such a great actor. If any one hasn't seen them I would sugest renting the trio of films "The Commitments", "The Snapper" and "The Van''. They were all based on books by Roddy Doyle and Colm is great/funny in them. Happy Saint Pattys Day!

Deep Space Nine.

He went from an interesting character on TNG who slowly was being developed, into a TERRIFIC character on DS9.

Plus, it was nice to see the development of his marriage and family starting with TNG all the way through DS9. Much respect must go to Keiko O'Brien too. Another superbly written character and flawlessly portrayed.

:bow:

308012[/snapback]

What he said.

DS9 is my fav trek show and i like the family man o'brien in it,i cant remember any episodes from TNG with him in it but thats because i have'nt seen much TNG.

Stylo Miles On ds9..He's got more overtime there!