Sign in to follow this  
smierlo

Farewell

Well, Okay, I wasn't very nice to you people about your videoclips. So, I give you a change to critisize my work. Take a look at

here

It's about the death of spock. Maybe something new for you people here. All the footage comes from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Edited by smierlo

Well, Okay, I wasn't very nice to you people about your videoclips. So, I give you a change to critisize my work. Take a look at

here

It's about the death of spock. Maybe something new for you people here. All the footage comes from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

305540[/snapback]

wish i could..but i get a error message and my McFee firewall tells me you are streaming more than just a video..

Then you block port 21. Because I use my new and fres server, There is no virus and hundreds of people went before you and downloaded it. Otherwise, click on my banner, you get on my website.

or: this one

Ok..I downloaded it...and watched it 3 times..

(1) The Video Resolution(or quality) is ....most excellent!....theater quality..where can i get some .rar footage for my projects..is the quality better in that format?

(2) To quote you: the music doesn't go with the video/ actually the video doesn't work well with that music..to be more specific the tempo of the video clips is faster than the tempo of the music. Enya?? It really wasn't sad or somber enough for the death of Spock, and it wasn't heroic either...since Spock sacrificed his life for the many. But all that is just a matter of artistic taste..

(3) as for the editing....I didn't really see much editing(which either means you did it very well or not at all) I couldn't see many transitions..that weren't part of the original scenes..but it's been a long time since I set down and screened WrOK, maybe I will tonight. Just seemed like a real long clip from the movie...not really a music video at all..more a Musical Interlude sequence from a movie.

Edited by headborg

Ok..I downloaded it...and watched it 3 times..

(1) The Video Resolution(or quality) is ....most excellent!....theater quality..where can i get some .rar footage for my projects..is the quality better in that format?

Rar is the same as Winzip, but then advanced, It's compressed. The real file is a WMV file. The clip is made from scenes of TWOK. This was a AVI file of 683MB.

(2) To quote you: the music doesn't go with the video/ actually the video doesn't work well with that music..to be more specific the tempo of the video clips is faster than the tempo of the music.  Enya?? It really wasn't sad or somber enough for the death of Spock, and it wasn't heroic either...since Spock sacrificed his life for the many. But all that is just a matter of artistic taste..

I think so. The music is from Enya indeed, The long ships. I find the music just right for the death of spock. Tempo of some parts of the video are indeed higher then the music.

(3) as for the editing....I didn't really see much editing(which either means you did it very well or not at all) I couldn't see many transitions..that weren't part of the original scenes..but it's been a long time since I set down and screened WrOK, maybe I will tonight.  Just seemed like a real long clip from the movie...not really a music video at all..more a Musical Interlude sequence from a movie.

306053[/snapback]

I Used the same transitions as in most movies. fade out and fade in. Very simple and very effective. Some scenes are straight from the movie. Most scenes are changed. The most difficult was the end of the clip. The death of spock in TWOK was very time consuming I had to shorten that without losing the feeling.