Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

TiVo

The drill is pretty much the same as before except now I never fumble with VHS tapes, (unless I want to archive something from the DRV*) and for that I am grateful for the technology.

*Another thing were watching for prices to drop on is VHS/DVR to DVD recorder.

Ok, AE you've had it for a few years now (assuming you still have it). Can you imagine TV life without it? If someone came to you and said you can't have your DVR anymore how would you feel about that? lol

They would need to tear it from my dead hands and if they did get it away from me they would still have my daughter to contend with. She, like with her phone, couldn't live without it.

One flaw with it has come up numerous time over the years though, it sometime cuts the last sentence of a show off, it's internal clock could be better synced with programming by about 7 seconds. I am also a little ticked that COX hasn't upgraded their DVRs to match the capability of ATT DVRs which can record up to 4 shows at once, (meaning I must still use VCRs to get everything I want) but I ain't switching.

lol Yeah, I'm the same way. Can't live without my TiVo's and DVR's. TiVo is the same way sometimes though, cuts the last little bit off. Usually when I set a season pass or a show to record I'll set it to start 1 minute early and end 1 minute late to prevent missing anything.

The situation with needing more recording capacity isn't a problem for me though, not with 11 combined TiVo's/DirecTV DVR's lol (all 11 can record 2 things at once so that's 22 things at any given time lol).