Sign in to follow this  
ChiFire

Seven a' nine (Seven of Nine)

hey peeps, do ya think it was a good decision to bring Seven of Nine on the show. i think it was an awesome idea. kes was good, but Seven was better. her personality was more explored, and she didn't have any psycho psychic powers! she was also a strong female character, and i, as a girl (female) myself, like that ina TV show!

LUV, CHI

what do you think?

:jem'hadar:

bats isn't sure of what he thinks

She definately made the series more interesting. It also allowed us to see more of Voyager's Stellar Cartography set.

And, Happy Birthday Jeri Ryan!

:jem'hadar: :batman::batman:

She was a tremendous addition to the show.

Far more interesting as a character than the boring Kes.

That show needed something to drive it forward and Jeri Ryan was the person who did it and made it watchable.

well, thanx peeps! i luv that u guys ansered my topic thingy majiger! well, guys, i luv her (ewww! not in that way!). had the best character of the show, i think.

LUV, CHI

:P

i like to have DIED laughing when i got to the end of this thread and read dragonwranglers answer - T&A, indeed, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think she was a great addition to the series, it was starting to lag a little and she gave it the boost the show needed. Definately much better than Kes.

I actually liked Kes more as a character, but then Seven did bring a lot of interesting new dynamics to Voyager, so I'm content. I'm sure that if Kes had had a full seven seasons though, she'd have had just as much an impact if not more.

i HAted kes, and found her SO boring - i have to say i would have rather seen seven seasons of seven - tee hee!

While Seven was definitely brought on as eyecandy.jpg she didn't stay that way. She became an integral part of the story (sometimes all of the story) but overall I liked her character immensely & felt she offered a lot more to the crew & storyline that Kes could have.

I'm glad Kes left when she did, I think she was only useful in bringing the Doctor into light. Another character wouldn't have been able to do it seeing as tthey all saw him simply as a hologram but other than that I didn't think Kes was a great character.

hey peeps, do ya think it was a good decision to bring Seven of Nine on the show. i think it was an awesome idea. kes was good, but Seven was better. her personality was more explored, and she didn't have any psycho psychic powers! she was also a strong female character, and i, as a girl (female) myself, like that ina TV show!

305318[/snapback]

Frankly, I think that without Seven, Voyager would have gone down the toilet, that is unless the writers could have made a heroic effort to make the show more watchable with better plotting.

It seems to me that what made Seven so interesting was the same thing that made Spock interesting in the original Star Trek: both Spock and Seven are essentially trying to reconcile their humanity with who they are. Spock clearly favors his Vulcan side over his human side (at least until Star Trek IV, when he seems more comfortable with his dual nature). Seven wrestles with her humanity and Janeway has the role of Mother as well as mentor in Seven's life (the latter she shares with the Doctor, of course). The greatest weakness in Voyager, for me at least, is that we never see a resolution to Seven's journey. What's her life like on Earth...? Do her and Chakotay marry and have a family, or what...?

I liked the actress who played Kes even if I can't admit to liking the character very much.

I saw the 7 of 9 episodes. Her concept is good.

Click For Spoiler
Some people say she's uber-hot, but to tell the truth I think Roseanne is hotter then her :lol:

While I agree with Validus, I really liked the actress who played Kes, her character was never given time to fully develop. Her character annoyed the hell out of me because she always seemed so weak and helpless. Get a spine, girl!! I think if her character had been evolved, I would have liked it much better.

I love 7's character. From the time she was brought on, she was fascinating. It provided endless storylines and ideas. Unfortunately, this great achievement is tainted by the fact that she was brought on to be a sex kitten and bring in the guys!! God forbid her clothing should actually be loose, and comfortable!!! I really loved Voyager until the last two seasons or so, when it was no long Star Trek: Voyager but Star Trek: Seven of Nine. I got sick and tired of seeing who was going to be drooling all over her.

Despite these drawbacks, I'd have to say that 7 was still better than Kes, though that's not strictly fair to say, as 7 had so much more time to be loved/hated than Kes. I still feel as if she were cheated out of an actual CHARACTER.

Hey all

Well I wish I could say something on this but I just started to watch Voyager because we didn't have UPN here in Mississippi so I didn't see ONE episode but now there on DVD I can watch them I'm just finish season 3 man they cost money so it will take some time to see all of them lol.

Brian

Buy them from Half.com...they have DVD's just as good as new for far less then the $100.00+ you're spending per season.

That's where I got mine often for as low as $63.00. Currently they have Season 4 going for a mere $60.00. :(

Edited by Validus

Thank Validus for that I will look it up right away I need to get season four have to see the second part of the first episode the borg get there butts kick LOL that sweet.

Brian

She was added for the T&A Factor, at first I think, but did become a strong character

I agree...having Seven gave us a deeper understanding of the Borg, much like Worf in TNG/DS9 gave us a deeper understanding of the Klingons.

It was a stupid decision to bring in Seven of Nine.

Voyager already had 9 great characters. They didn't need a new character.

I didn't find Seven particularily good as a character. A woman in a catsuit and high heels on a spaceship! The "sex thing" was too obvious.

The worst thing was that the best character was kicked out to make room for Seven.

Seven was only added as a sex symbol to attract male teenage kids who didn't watch Star Trek series. They might have attracted such fans but also lost many loyal fans who didn't like the changes for different reasons (the rude firing of Jennifer Lien, too much focus on the "sexy" character and such).

Besides that, Voyager became a laughing stock among many SF-fans because of the "sexy" character.

I agree with you Lynx, as far as 7 of 9 being a sex draw.......to much of that on TV anymore.......I still like VOY the best but I have watched all from TOS to ENT. There was to much 7 and not enough of the other characters in later epi's.